Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Never thought Agatha Harkness and Helmut Zemo would be Marvel's break out favorites of 2021. What weird times we live in. Remember when everyone thought Marvel's villains, except Loki, were the weakest parts of their stories? Now with Thanos three straight villains have pretty much blown up to be huge favorites.

X-O fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Never thought Agatha Harkness and Helmut Zemo would be Marvel's break out favorites of 2021. What weird times we live in. Remember when everyone thought Marvel's villains, except Loki, were the weakest parts of their stories? Now with Thanos three straight villains have pretty much blown up to be huge favorites.

I won't discount the talent and appeal of the actors portraying those villains but there seems to be a correlation here with amount of screentime. Gives time to audiences to become familiar and writers time to do fun and interesting things. (I won't go as far as saying "character development").

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

I thought Ego was pretty great but yeah I guess he didn't blow up like the recent ones have

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Ego blew up for sure.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
kurt russell is cool and all but there wasn't much screentime between him getting close to quill and the reveal that he was actually a lying shitbag

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Open Marriage Night posted:

Ego blew up for sure.

site posted:

kurt russell is cool and all but there wasn't much screentime between him getting close to quill and the reveal that he was actually a lying shitbag

whoosh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

You forgot about Mysterio and Jude Law in the middle there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

You forgot about Mysterio and Jude Law in the middle there.

They both dead though.

I'm wondering who would actually be on a Zemo lead Thunderbolts MCU team. Harkness and who else is both alive and played by an actor wanting to do a Disney tv show?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They'll just recast Abomination.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

They'll just recast Abomination.

Tim Roth would probably do a 6-10 episode Disney show now that I think about it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looking at his body of work for the last 10 years it would be a major step up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

They both dead though.

I'm wondering who would actually be on a Zemo lead Thunderbolts MCU team. Harkness and who else is both alive and played by an actor wanting to do a Disney tv show?

It's not like doing a Disney TV show is a bad thing. It's getting talent, so I don't think they'd really have problems bringing people in if they wanted. I figure it would have Abomination and Walker at least. Then maybe Ghost, Justin Hammer, and some new people like Moonstone and Songbird.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Feige announced Roth is in She-Hulk back in December

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

It's not like doing a Disney TV show is a bad thing. It's getting talent, so I don't think they'd really have problems bringing people in if they wanted. I figure it would have Abomination and Walker at least. Then maybe Ghost, Justin Hammer, and some new people like Moonstone and Songbird.

Walker being forced to work for Zemo would be hilarious.

I forgot about Ghost, was Justin Hammer arrested for anything? I haven't seen Iron-Man 2 since it was in theaters. Anyways I really don't think Sam Rockwell would do a tv show.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Blockhouse posted:

Feige announced Roth is in She-Hulk back in December

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Why do you think Rockwell wouldn't do a Marvel TV series? Nowadays there's very little difference between doing prestige TV shows and films.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

They both dead though.

Carol sends Yon-Rogg back to the Kree with a message "don't gently caress with me", he's not dead. Min-Erva is probably dead though, though they could bring her back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah, since they recast Gemma Chan for Eternals, I think that shows they aren't gonna use Minn-Erva again. It would make more sense for Moonstone or maybe even Marvel Boy to be the Captain Marvel-esque person on the team.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Why do you think Rockwell wouldn't do a Marvel TV series? Nowadays there's very little difference between doing prestige TV shows and films.

I was gonna say "because he hasn't done tv in over 20 years aside from voice work," but checking he played choreographer Bob Fosse in a Hulu mini about Bob Fosse, so I retract that statement. He might if the money was enough and the role was interesting enough

But there's still a big difference between movies and even prestige TV, you ain't gonna see any of the Avengers who have a movie named after them as a regular on a tv show until they're in the twilight of their careers.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I think they should just let him play Bob Fosse again. He could deploy his tremendous amoeba powers.

Can you imagine how unstoppable Zemo would be with a little... sssssssteam heat?

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 9, 2021

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Oh aren't you proud to be/ in that fraternity/ that great big Brotherhood of Evil Mutants?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I was gonna say "because he hasn't done tv in over 20 years aside from voice work," but checking he played choreographer Bob Fosse in a Hulu mini about Bob Fosse, so I retract that statement. He might if the money was enough and the role was interesting enough

But there's still a big difference between movies and even prestige TV, you ain't gonna see any of the Avengers who have a movie named after them as a regular on a tv show until they're in the twilight of their careers.

The TV shows feed into the films and vice versa. I don't think there's really much of any difference now. Like you're gonna have Ms. Marvel and Kate Bishop first show up on TV before being in movies. So long as the actors are getting paid and like the work, I don't think they'd say no to doing a series that would show up on Disney+ instead of in the theaters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The TV shows feed into the films and vice versa. I don't think there's really much of any difference now. Like you're gonna have Ms. Marvel and Kate Bishop first show up on TV before being in movies. So long as the actors are getting paid and like the work, I don't think they'd say no to doing a series that would show up on Disney+ instead of in the theaters.

You aren't going to see Chris Hemsworth on a Disney show outside a cameo or something done with existing footage. Same with Scarlett Johanson if the resurrect her, and I have strong doubts we'll see Kate Bishop or Ms Marvel in a movie in the next five years.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anthony Mackie is on a Disney series right now. So was Elizabeth Olsen. Ms. Marvel is showing up in the next Captain Marvel movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Anthony Mackie is on a Disney series right now. So was Elizabeth Olsen. Ms. Marvel is showing up in the next Captain Marvel movie.

Anthony Mackie and Elizabeth Olsen are in TV shows named after them, and were in movies that weren't named after them.

I'm not saying there's no crossover between the two, I wouldn't be surprised if some A listers give their voice to the animated What If series because that's a job they could literally phone in, but there's still a difference between being a movie star and being a tv actor. There's a reason all these Disney shows are about secondary characters.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Sanschel posted:

It’s very likely that a full roster Avengers led by Cap and Tony could’ve stopped Thanos early (imagine if Cap had been on Titan to reign in Star-Lord). So Zemo is indirectly responsible for Thanos wiping out half the universe.

See, this is the kinda What If? episode I want to see, not "What if this character was actually that character?" but more "What would the butterfly effect be if this slight change happened?".

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

You aren't going to see Chris Hemsworth on a Disney show outside a cameo or something done with existing footage. Same with Scarlett Johanson if the resurrect her, and I have strong doubts we'll see Kate Bishop or Ms Marvel in a movie in the next five years.

They've confirmed Ms Marvel is in Captain Marvel 2.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Nah, since they recast Gemma Chan for Eternals, I think that shows they aren't gonna use Minn-Erva again. It would make more sense for Moonstone or maybe even Marvel Boy to be the Captain Marvel-esque person on the team.

I would not be opposed to seeing 2 Gemma Chen characters.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The only thing Zemo did wrong was blow up the UN and kill King T'Chaka, which tracks with the revelation that he's actually European royalty - of course he'd see an African king as disposable so long as it furthered his own goals.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Skwirl posted:

They both dead though.

Sam ends up taking over the Captain America role, the Thunderbolts bring aboard a new Falcon, someone with experience with aerial combat. Michael Keaton comes back to the MCU.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Today's episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier was excellent. Best one yet.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

X-O posted:

Today's episode of Falcon and Winter Soldier was excellent. Best one yet.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Appropriate Poster/Post combo

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!
Really thought for a second that Zemo was going to take the serum. But no he is a man of honor in that he truly believes the only super power should be inherited wealth.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This week's episode was definitely the best yet.

Finally to the ol' fireworks factory with Walker. Kinda interesting how they do enough humanizing to see him as a person, but they've also done enough to see why he's a bad dude. Serum messing with his brain or not. They had a character explicitly say "Wow Carlie, you sure are my version of Captain America" for the one goon who told me that's not what the show is about.

Got a legitimate laugh out of Bucky heckling Walker while the Dora were beating the hell out of him.

Really curious to see the conclusion for Karli's character. I said years ago that Sam being a counselor was such a good character trait and hoped he would get to use it again as Captain America. I hope that they do more with it even if I enjoyed it coming up here.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Kinda can't see Zemo being in any form of Thunderbolts at this point unless he's using it as an elaborate ruse to recruit and then murder super-types

which wouldn't be that bad as a concept change, actually

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Felt kinda silly that the Dora Milaje would lose focus on the goal that easy but overall I really liked the episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

OnimaruXLR posted:

Kinda can't see Zemo being in any form of Thunderbolts at this point unless he's using it as an elaborate ruse to recruit and then murder super-types

which wouldn't be that bad as a concept change, actually

Talentless Zemo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Sam ends up taking over the Captain America role, the Thunderbolts bring aboard a new Falcon, someone with experience with aerial combat. Michael Keaton comes back to the MCU.

Speaking of people who absolutely won't do a TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Speaking of people who absolutely won't do a TV show.

Michael Keaton? He has a Hulu series coming out this year...