Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I hope Ms marvel is better than Falcon and winter soldier. I have high hopes for loki

I have never read Ms marvel so it is a marvel property I'm going into with no knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Dacap posted:

Here’s Ms Marvel

Looks terrible, but I’ll wait to see it on screen.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

howe_sam posted:

It's a good costume, but it looks a little too tailored for my taste. It reminds me more of the sentient Kree battle suit (that then went rogue) Kamala got in Saladin Ahmed's run than the original DIY painted burkini.

wasn't her original costume made out of super-science shapeshifting memory material made by her genius best friend

I dunno how much I'd qualify that as "DIY"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blockhouse posted:

wasn't her original costume made out of super-science shapeshifting memory material made by her genius best friend

Her very first costume was literally her painting the Ms Marvel lightning bolt on a burkini (swimsuit designed for Muslim women who cover up)

https://www.google.com/search?q=bur...mobile&ie=UTF-8

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kevin Feige has said in a recent interview that Dr Strange was originally supposed to show up in WandaVision

quote:

“Some people might say, ‘Oh, it would’ve been so cool to see Dr. Strange,’” says Feige. “But it would have taken away from Wanda, which is what we didn’t want to do. We didn’t want the end of the show to be commoditized to go to the next movie — here’s the white guy, ‘Let me show you how power works.’” That meant the Dr. Strange movie, too, had to be rewritten. In the end, Feige says, Marvel’s process is “a wonderful combination of very dedicated coordination, and chaos. Chaos magic.” At one point, back when Dr. Strange was supposed to be part of the story, the in-universe commercials were going to be messages from Strange to Wanda, and there was also talk of having Cumberbatch appear in one of the ads, head writer Jac Schaeffer says.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skwirl posted:

Her very first costume was literally her painting the Ms Marvel lightning bolt on a burkini (swimsuit designed for Muslim women who cover up)

Yeah I know what a burkini is and it was only like that for like three issues before being replaced with the biokinetic suit. That's why I'm saying I don't get disappointed by the finished costume not looking like her homemade costume

e: exactly three as it turns out

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 4, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Five issues, and he just treats the costume with the "super snot"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Blockhouse posted:

Skwirl posted:

I mean if you want to get real nitpicky about it her first costume didn't have the lightning bolt

(Ms. Marvel #4)

but her second suit (the only one she's ever had besides that Kree one) was just the first suit, plus a lightning bolt (and mask and scarf and arm gauntlet and boots that get acquired off panel)

Ms. Marvel #5

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah I know what a burkini is and it was only like that for like three issues before being replaced with the biokinetic suit. That's why I'm saying I don't get disappointed by the finished costume not looking like her homemade costume

e: exactly three as it turns out

Man I think this wiki article very much oversells how hard it is to get into Rutgers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How Wonderful! posted:

Man I think this wiki article very much oversells how hard it is to get into Rutgers.

the 616 is an alternate universe where Rutgers actually is an Ivy League school, instead of just bragging about how they were totally invited into the Ivy League but turned it down

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

Kevin Feige has said in a recent interview that Dr Strange was originally supposed to show up in WandaVision

I totally understand that reasoning but Strange in the ads would have been pretty darn cool.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

How Wonderful! posted:

truly the marvel universe is one of unimaginable wonders

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How Wonderful! posted:

Now now, it says it was for his *scholarship* application, not his *admissions* application. It could be a very competitive scholarship!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Loki's release date has changed to June 9th (instead of the 11th) this also changes the day it'll be coming out releasing on Wednesdays instead of Fridays.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Odin's Day instead of Frigga's Day. And he claims to be a momma's boy. Pfft.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

X-O posted:

Odin's Day instead of Frigga's Day. And he claims to be a momma's boy. Pfft.

I see it as being chosen for him, not by him. An extra indignity that it's Odin's day.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1390108032189837318?s=19

Jack_Nichelson_smiling_and_nodding.gif

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Isaiah being right is never really in question in the show though.

Sam's decision is more like "You're right but I'm going to do it anyway."

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
If anything, the show spends a lot of time trying to say Karli, Zemo, and Isaiah all have good points. Sam's struggle is trying to wrangle all of this disparate voices into a cohesive whole as he steps into being the best version of all of their ideals.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

If anything, the show spends a lot of time trying to say Karli, Zemo, and Isaiah all have good points. Sam's struggle is trying to wrangle all of this disparate voices into a cohesive whole as he steps into being the best version of all of their ideals.

Yeah even at the very end in the finale Sam still agrees with her beliefs, just not her actions.

And Zemo's just always been right. Steve was an exception, and now he believes so is Bucky.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not sure why he's in a super powered prison though, except to put him in the place heads to be for a Thunderbolts show.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Same reason Hawkeye, Falcon, and Antman were there I guess. Serious flight risk? Broader threat level?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Tbh it's a little surprising that they didn't take him back to Wakanda (yes I realize they have to set up Thunderbolts)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not sure why he's in a super powered prison though, except to put him in the place heads to be for a Thunderbolts show.

Have you seen his dancing? If that's not super, what is?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He set out to completely loving obliterate the Avengers. After he was done, he'd completely loving obliterated the Avengers.

Man fought well above his weight class.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

He just escaped a regular one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's not really for superpowers, is it? Thought it was just special extra mega max security.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Tbh it's a little surprising that they didn't take him back to Wakanda (yes I realize they have to set up Thunderbolts)

Kind of surprised that the Wakandans didn't execute him but again, yeah, set up.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Lobok posted:

It's not really for superpowers, is it? Thought it was just special extra mega max security.

They put Hawkeye in the raft. And Scott Lang without his suit. So yeah, no super powers required.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Kind of surprised that the Wakandans didn't execute him but again, yeah, set up.

T'Challa stopped him from killing himself. He wanted justice, not revenge, because he saw what revenge did to the Avengers.

Zemo also attacked the UN and killed more people, so he probably got sentenced by a world court and Wakanda is playing nice with the other nations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Codependent Poster posted:

T'Challa stopped him from killing himself. He wanted justice, not revenge, because he saw what revenge did to the Avengers.

Zemo also attacked the UN and killed more people, so he probably got sentenced by a world court and Wakanda is playing nice with the other nations.

He killed their king, I kinda think the UN would have ignored it if they straight up merced him, like they ignore when Israel mercs a Nazi.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
clearly these white man's prisons cannot hold a simple non powered individual, etc etc

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If wakanda wanted him dead they would have walked into his normal prison and killed him. They just wanted him back behind bars, forever.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

site posted:

clearly these white man's prisons cannot hold a simple non powered individual, etc etc

All Cops Are Bunglers

....which I guess makes that prison the Bunghole.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The man lied, cheated, and stole his way to causing an international security crisis and breaking up the Avengers. He could absolutely lie, cheat, and steal his way out of a dinky normal person prison.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

If wakanda wanted him dead they would have walked into his normal prison and killed him. They just wanted him back behind bars, forever.

Yeah that was a nice subversion how that all wrapped up.

I expected the Wakandans to want to kill him and that conflicting with Bucky trying to shred the Winter Soldier identity, but nope they just want to lock him up and everyone agrees it's a great idea.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
from the reviews (seemingly embargoed until premiere day, not a good sign for a streaming series), it doesn't sound like Jupiter's Legacy on Netflix is very good at all. Not really surprising given that it had a troubled production (the original showrunner was fired due to creative differences midway through filming), but some of the creative choices are just baffling - why on earth would you extend the 1929 origin flashbacks through the entirety of the series?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

JordanKai posted:

The man lied, cheated, and stole his way to causing an international security crisis and breaking up the Avengers. He could absolutely lie, cheat, and steal his way out of a dinky normal person prison.

I think you have confused Baron Zemo's MO with that of 2003 Eddie Guerrero.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

TwoPair posted:

Unlike the United States, Wakanda is a civilized nation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, I don't think capital punishment exists in Wakanda. Obviously they'll kill people when on a spy mission or in a military action, but having actually arrested someone they aren't gonna kill them.