Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I don't think SWORD guy is a 'villain' or behind anything. I think he's a red herring at best.

I honestly think he's just a guy that's watched a lot of poo poo happening over the past several years, what with Sokovia and the Civil War and the Snap and the final battle against Thanos. He's seeing Wanda and Westview and thinking to himself 'oh my god we can't have another disaster especially so soon after all this other poo poo' and is overreacting and doing whatever he can to handle the situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

kinda weird how they managed to do bucky in live action so successfully and easily but there's still no modern version of Robin that works outside of the memetic value of "gently caress Batman"

Robin still has a lot of baggage attached to him in the public eye and DC is convinced that people only want the serious brooding loner version of Batman (completely missing the point of a great deal of his history), so that's what we get.

I have grown tired of brooding longer Batman. I would kill for a decent Batfamily film. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

Now I'm reminded of a funny story when they were starting up the show/wrestling promotion Lucha Underground. Rather than get a wrestling personality to portray the man in charge, they instead got actor Luis Fernandez-Gil to play a character. So he made his debut at a AAA show in Mexico to hype up Lucha Underground and successfully pissed off the crowd. When he went backstage, he was wide-eyed and said one guy screamed something explicit involving his mother that I won't repeat here.

The people backstage were like, "Wow, you're doing great!"

I miss Dario so much. :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Winter Soldier was originally called Serpwnt Society. Trying to get my head around what THAT looks like

That was Civil War, and it was Marvel joking around with people to make the reveal of CIVIL WAR have even more impact.

quote:

Marvel Studios initially announced Captain America: Civil War as Captain America: Serpent Society as a joke during the announcement of the film slate for Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige stated: "We had this great idea because Civil War's first up, right? But we don't blow our wad on the presentation with Civil War right at the front of it. A guy named Mike Pasciullo had the idea to put Serpent Society on there, and I thought it was awesome and hilarious. A part of me thought, 'Are people going to love Serpent Society and think that'd be really cool? Now it's on the radar."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

One of my friends just pointed out to me that as of the final episode of Loki that it feels like he's going to be the Nick Fury of the next phase, trying to get everyone together and prepare them for this massive threat that they're not even aware of and honestly that's a really loving cool thing to do with him.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I fuckin' love Batman and Robin.

Batman Forever is easily the worst of that quartet of films. We really didn't need a Batman movie with TWO Jokers as the main villains.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Gods I know it's coming eventually and I'm going to hate it when it does. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Just saw a commercial for Y:The Last Man, I didn't realize they'd actually made it that far this time!

There's an actual trailer for it now?!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

She only had to do that for the first Guardians. Since then they've been able to use a skull cap.

It's funny that people are saying that this episode showed that things would turn out better, when we can assume that all the Avengers are dead and Ego is going to succeed in killing all life. Unless they make a sequel to that. But I think I liked it more than the first because it wasn't trying to retell a movie with a few pieces moved around, and went in directions I wouldn't have expected like with Thanos.

Still most excited for the Marvel Zombies episode.

The Avengers wouldn't even come together in this timeline. Thanos is a good guy now so presumably the Chitauri invasion and the battle of New York don't happen. Fury wouldn't have a way or a need to bring them together.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Mymla posted:

I can't really do a hard-hitting critique of captain america, because I only watched it once when it was fairly new. I just remember being incredibly bored and disinterested the entire time.
GotG is one of the least funny "comedies" I've ever seen, without a single likeable character or funny joke for its entire runtime.

Who hurt you?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sgt. Politeness posted:

So they're definitely doing follow up zombies episode right? Like that ending might as well have had a To Be Continued... on it.

Edit:VVVVVV fair enough

I mean, there's not really anywhere to pick up from there, is there?

A legless Black Panther, the head of Ant-Man, Spider-Man, and a cape aren't going to be enough to stop Zombie Thanos. I can't imagine a follow-up being anything more than 'Thanos destroys our heroes, gets the Mind Stone, gg universe', y'know?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

There's still more out there.

Thor and the Guardians, and Thor with Stormbreaker could still very likely save the day. Also Eternals will have been out, so if they ever get to season 2, they could possibly add them to any number of stories.

Okay yeah fair, I completely forgot about Thor.

EDIT: Actually wait no. Thor got to Wakanda before Thanos, so if Zombie Thanos is there hanging out, then that probably means Thor already got hosed.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Sep 11, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

really not thrilled about turning Kamala into Purple Lantern, curious how they'll justify that in interviews

the rumor I've heard is a lot weirder than that but we'll see

You can't just say that and not follow up. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Everyone keeps saying that stretchy limbs don't look good in live-action, but aside from Fox's awful F4 movies and like...Space Jam, where else have stretchy limbs been done in live-action before?

EDIT: Y'all gonna look real silly when the Netflix One Piece comes out. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

But the answer to why they made the decision to change her powers might have nothing to do with the difficulty and everything to do with story and character plans. Or as speculated maybe about not wanting to undercut the FF by debuting someone with the same powers just before. Who knows? It could be a lot of things.

Instead of undercutting Reed they're undercutting Sue now.

EDIT: Like I dunno it's a weird reasoning to make when none of the super soldiers in the MCU have undercut each other and Wanda and Strange didn't undercut each other. Reed and Kamala even use their powers in different ways so it's not like they'd be an exact copy of each other or anything.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Skwirl posted:

They cast someone as Squirrel Girl, she was gonna be on a Champions or New Warriors show that didn't get picked up and is currently voicing her on a pod cast based around Doreen Green hosting a radio call-in advice show at her college after being publicly outed as Squirrel Girl

Joe Fisto posted:

Milana Vayntrub most known for her AT&T commercials. She seems like she would’ve been a good SG.

I'm still mad the show didn't get picked up.

What could have been... :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Batman TAS gets all the love, but every television show that came out of it is just great. Beyond, Superman TAS, Justice League and JLU. Just some of the greatest cartoons ever.

And then there's The Zeta Project which was meh at best and no one remembers.

EDIT: Also Static which didn't start off as part of the DCAU but eventually wormed its way in and was mostly fantastic.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 10, 2023