Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

ToastyPotato posted:

The problem people are having is that there is not really any valid explanation for why the comic material SHOULD be sparse and that the show so far seems to be going out of its way to avoid comic material

Arrow isn't tied to a greater shared universe, though (to my knowledge?). On the other hand, whenever you introduce a new character in AoS, you're making it a bit harder to introduce and/or use them in potential future movies, which are obviously the big money-makers and take absolute precedence. They might also feel obligated to at least half-rear end a reason for why the characters they introduced won't be showing up to punch Ultron in two years, too.

There are ways around that, sure, but I think that would count as a "valid explanation". I don't know about the example you provided, either, since obviously they're trying to build up a mystery, and not "refusing to use" anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

feedmyleg posted:

Also, I really want Coulson to turn out to be a Skrull who lost his memory after he got bonked on the head. I think that would single-handedly justify every poor decision they've made with that show.

They transplanted his brain into a Chitauri body because he knew a terrible secret, and it turns out they ARE shapeshifters.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
I'm mostly excited for Iron Fist, because my TV shows have been severely lacking in awesome balls-to-the-wall kung-fu fights.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

zoux posted:

Daredevil teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ3yXDFvybA

I wonder if he's ever going to don the red.

He'll wear the yellow costume, actually.