Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, guys, haven't seen much chatter, but how is Constantine?

It is good and going to be cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Talbot was not killed off and he's no doubt going to be a factor again this season.

I'll go a step further and hope Talbot stays forever. We need more Talbot and Coulson chats. Their scenes together are some of the best parts of AoS this year.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

They used the original costume! HOLY poo poo! That has me pumped already.

GLOSS posted:

The Arrow/Constantine crossover is actually happening

Must be news dropping day for the CW shows...

YES! He was too good to go to waste.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Legends of Tomorrow Trailer

SO. MUCH. HYPE. :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall. Also that Firestorm costume

Rip Hunter? Time Travel? Brandon Routh should have been Ted Kord so Booster Gold could have been added.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Stop making me sad about things that will never happen.

It is how I know we live in the wrong stream of Hypertime.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

GLOSS posted:

I'm a big pansy who doesn't like calling numbers but the Marvel twitter just put this out there so someone else call it and tell me what's on the other end...

It is Jessica Jones' number and you can leave a message after the beep.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lomzus posted:

Daredevil vs. Punisher

Season 2 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KueFUYA7VJA

That looks real good. We will get Punisher done right from the way it looks.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I've always thought Gotham could do a good three seasons of the city falling apart and the ending of season three Bruce goes off to train and the something happens like a Arkham riot and the villains start taking over. Season four begins with Bruce back as a fresh faced batman, Gordon barely holding the police force and a couple areas of town together, and the villains have little kingdoms within the city that have border skirmishes.

Kinda a mash up of warriors, precinct 13, and '60s batman.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I thought Archie was supposed to be a lovable goober?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/peeweeherman/status/712012535205998592

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

yaffle posted:

I've been wondering how they will mange that, Karen has a long way to fall between seasons if they are going to stick to the comic.

Just thinking about it, Ben is dead and Karen works at a paper (probably) so will Karen be Ben? And if Karen is Ben, who's Karen?

Foggy?

Has there been any outrage about DD killing all the minority characters.

Because I'm just waiting for that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

NO worries, it's to do with Pyslock's history, and that's always going to be confusing. Though a Captain Britain Netflix show would be a departure from the grim and depressing shows. Well, kinda, not that Brian hasn't been put through hell, but you don't get written by the guys who've written him in Marvel UK.

If I was the person who chose projects for Netflix, I'd go with a Moon Knight, a Ms Marvel to appeal to a different demographic, and an Elsa Bloodstone or Blade one.

Glad Supergirl has been renewed.

A Moon Knight, Punisher (after DD), Hawkeye, Blade, Elsa Bloodstone, and a Heroes for Hire could all work as a TV show.

I've always thought Spider-Man would work best as a TV series too. His Villians just fit that mold better and his story is more soap opera. Sadly he makes too much money as a movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

The Expanse is super good.

I also enjoyed Syfy's Helix, and Z Nation is a great show. I hear 12 Monkeys is cool but haven't watched it. Ascension was a neat miniseries.

I'll second Z Nation. It is just a fun show.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

So the black sky isn't a person or persons that is a living wmd, but a chosen one now?

I should clarify. The living wmd part is them just being an incredibly gifted killer or the potential to become a gifted killer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

zoux posted:

I mean this has an exact analogue in Iron Fist and since this is the comic subforum, y'all should know better.

Which comic series is this in so I can read it?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SirDan3k posted:

All of the above. The black sky is chosen as a leader/figurehead because a prophesy said they would be super good at murdering. There are many candidates but only Electra made it into adulthood because The Chaste are really good at murdering children.

This is kinda what I thought it was, but am not understanding what everyone is confused about.

Stick said he was a black sky too. I figured what it meant was those who had the potential to become merciless killers and seemed to have lots of tragedy happen when they are young that breaks the child.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Sweet, now they just need to put AoS out of it's misery and all is right in the world.

Good news! It is coming back next year and I'm willing to bet a 5th season is a safe bet too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The Barry and Iris relationship feels weird to me in the same way MCU Bucky and Cap hypothetical does. They feel like siblings and have a sibling background.

Felicity and Barry was a much better relationship that was aborted.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Koalas March posted:

I dont get the chemistry thing either.

Fun fact: Teens, The only cw demographic that matters, nominated Barry and Iris for a Teen choice awards for both best Chemistry and Liplock for the second year in a row. http://www.moviefone.com/2016/05/24/teen-choice-awards-2016-nominees/

:roboluv:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

TV Flash news about Wally West, including promo pictures:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-flashs-wally-west-becomes-kid-flash-gets-his-own-costume-in-flashpoint

My opinion:

I wish they hadn't gone with the old yellow suit. I think it will confuse people and also I think it doesn't look that great. The New52 suit actually might have been better here.

That suit does not work with short hair.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Has a punisher Series been confirmed yet?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I hope it is moon knight.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Nobody pays attention to DC. Honestly nobody in Hollywood cares about anything other than SDCC and maybe a little bit of NYCC.

Isn't PAX paid attention to or is that just video games?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cardboard Box A posted:

AoS is pretty good.

i agree. it is an enjoyable show

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

you guys can hate AoS all you like. I like it, the CW shows, and Gotham. They are all fun popcorn watches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

X-O posted:

Matthew McCaull, who some of you may know as Sebastian from iZombie, has been cast as Commander Steel in Legends of Tomorrow.

Oh! Commander Steel is some deep diving. he is totally dead and that is too bad already.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The MSJ posted:

iZombie season 2 finally on Netflix on October 6. I can finally catch up on the adventures of TV's hottest pale crimefighter, after watching all of the first season on multiple Emirates flights

Hell yeah. How was season 2?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gotham is a good show. Is there some stupid story beats? Of course, but the sum of all the parts is an enjoyable, over the top show.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Watching Gotham S2 now and i'm reminded of the one thing I didn't like. Riddler is a psycho murder.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Riddler in 52 killed a poo poo ton of people

I didn't read nu52 Batman, but this is distressing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Maybe they moved K'un L'un to the Caucasus region to fix the problem.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

The other other rumor is that Punisher might in some way show up in Agents of Shield, due to the usual coy comments from Loeb and the fact that the creator of Punisher was apparently at the AOS panel for reasons we would understand later in the season. I still don't buy it.

this punisher is too hardcore and bloody for that show. i could buy luke cage or DD, but not JJ or punisher.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hey cool they kinda adapted the "Invasion" crossover and the dominators.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I zombie season two was pretty good. The cliff hanger ending was a little dumb. Too bad it is getting a shortened (and probably last) third season.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

He communicates telepathically with Medusa in some way, right? They might just make that audible.

Nope their bond is supposed to be so close that she vocalizes all of his opinions without communicating in anyway.

Medusa is essentially the ruler.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Edit: wrong thread.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 1, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Why didn't they just do moon knight? Lol good job at loving up what could have redeemed iron fist to some.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

Imagine a world where there are actors that already have martial arts training. Imagine a world where martial arts scenes have been filmed that don't require masks to hide stunt doubles. Imagine.

Friend let me tell you about the orient....

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Scyantific posted:

First look at Cress Williams as Black Lightning

That is a really good promo shot. I hope the costume is awesome in the show too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

LoL. Brisco County was trash dudes

You are a trash dude!

Brisco was a good show.