Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

iZombie is going to be a tv show, except that it isn't: http://comicsalliance.com/the-cw-izombie-alexandra-krosney-david-anders-malcolm-goodwin-rob-thomas-diane-ruggiero/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

Yes it was. Well that is interesting.

Not really. Certainly not as interesting as a glimpse of Zatanna would've been.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Trailer for iZombie:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWCyqJv6q7g
Meh.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The show is nothing like the comic anyway, apparently.

The lead character looks like an Allred drawing come to life though:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

zoux posted:

I've seen a lot of people saying this, but MCU Hell's Kitchen doesn't have to resemble IRL Hell's Kitchen in anyway.

In Welcome Back, Frank the Punisher is really mad at Giuliani for cleaning up Hell's Kitchen.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dexo posted:

That's a guarantee. Tennant tends to bring in the crazier portions of the Doctor Who fanbase.

Tennant himself is one of the crazier portions of the Doctor Who fanbase.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

iZombie continues to be the best tv show based on a comic.

Which is kinda depressing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I always wondered why superheroes always seem to think killing or letting the bad guy go unmolested are their only options. If I was Daredevil and I was dealing with Bullseye I'd like, take him to night nurse and be like "gently caress up his hand nerves so he can kinda eat soup by himself but not much more than that."

It's a bit extreme but I'm pretty sure it's not quite as bad as killing him or letting him go and hoping the justice system magically starts working right in a superhero universe.

Daredevil made Bullseye deaf, blind and paralyzed in their last encounter.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but he was possessed by a demon and trying to murder him so whatever.

In the series written by Waid Daredevil accidentally dropped radioactive waste on Bullseye, making him blind. In the Frank Miller run Daredevil shattered Bullseye's spine after he killed Elektra. Not to mention the time he carved a bullseye on Bullseye's head with a rock. Given the chance, Daredevil will gently caress you up but good.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah, notably bad movies like The Dark Knight show he is incapable of being involved in any good projects where he has other people working with him.

Just like poison, Goyer has to be heavily diluted to be point of almost having no influence at all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

They should've cast Matt Ryan as Willoughby Kipling.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Umbrella Academy s2 is coming 31st July:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me0eoCwLj-A
They're apparently basing it on the Dallas 1963 arc.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Larry's extremely bad disguise
The Beardhunter's extremely good disguise.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

achillesforever6 posted:

Surprised no one talked about the final season of Agents of Shield here

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't cancelled years ago.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

I mean, DC has a long history of this. Ra's Al Ghul. Poison Ivy. They have kind of a thing with taking leftist goals and making the person who wants to accomplish them a bloodthirsty villain.

Poison Ivy has been more and more sympathetically portrayed though. In Arkham Knight she sacrifices her life to save Gotham for example

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So the HBO Max Gotham series will be a prequel set one year before the start of the movie. The thing they've been saying is that the movie is Year Two while the series will be Year One about a crooked cop in Gotham as the Batman "begins" his crime fighting career.

That seems..bad.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

e:nm

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

There are minor references all over the place, like in The Doll's House the serial killer that the journalist is pretending to be (The Boogeyman) was a character from Alan Moore's Swamp Thing.

Did anyone watch the Swamp Thing? Is it...good?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Skwirl posted:

the main Satan in Ennis' Hellblazer are probably my two favorites.

I really like how petty their relationship is. They stopped trying to kill each other and instead they decided to make each other's lives miserable. In Preacher I kinda liked how Satan hasn't been alive for centuries and no one cares.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 25, 2020

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

American Gods season 2 is the studios fault for not giving the show runner the money he wanted.

If I remember correctly the money he was asking for was completely insane.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Oh, so I shouldn't bother with season 2? Good to know, glad I never got around to it.

Remember how in the season one finale Easter joining the cause was a big deal? In episode of season two it's revealed that she went home to her homeplanet because Wednesday ran over one of her rabbits.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It's just so weird how they fired the most popular character who had the most memorable scenes just because they didn't like his politics.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

yea.......so weird............

I mean, I totally get that racism is why he got fired but it's still cutting off your nose and rubbing salt in the wound to spite your face. It's also...funny? how the official reason why he wasn't fired but let go was because he doesn't feature in the portion of the book they're focusing on. But they have strayed pretty far away from the book and there was already much more focus on Nancy in the show than there was in the book.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

God, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is going to be a season of Bucky being sad in chinese restaurants and Sam applying for loans, isn't it?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I really like the Loki theme.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Soonmot posted:

I finished Jupiter's Legacy after not having read the comics and it was fine? The old age makeup was terrible and the costumes were CW caliber, but the story itself was fine. I also have no idea why they made the origin story play out over the whole season, it added nothing to the plot that having it as a single episode wouldn't have.

That's just how things are now. Everything has to have an origin.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeOtterson/status/1404495349520244736

Batman's too cool to go down on his ladies I guess.

NWS: https://imgur.com/CCJrurD

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

In Loki anybody else think that Mobius' comments about another agent (bringing back souvenirs etc) are references to another version of him?.

I thought that was fairly obivious?

Also, that song does not work with the end credits at all.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It seems overtly complicated to make android versions of the time watchers considering no one gets to see them except for Ravonna

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

There were guards there, and there's been other judges.

Still seems a lot of work when you can just say "The timekeepers are fake, don't tell the grunts"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

True, but then you risk one of them talking
The TVA kills the ones who talks.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

I thought Majors was delightful here and really liked this portrayal a lot. I also appreciated a non-CGI fight fest ending. And with Kang, I feel like I was nodding my head with him at first. But then it's like wait a second - you're just the Kang that won. You won the multiversal war so hard that you wiped out every other timeline/branch, your solution was to basically kill everyone so that they couldn't fight. He's actually the worst of them, despite what he says.

Doubting his story seems pretty intentional.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So Marvel finally realized that Hawkeye should be fun.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

This was a man who sent a lover to hell just because she spurned him. His morality when it came to things like humanity were completely hosed up. Do not forget what he was going to do to the vortex. If you did not slight him he was beneath his notice. It’s one of the reason he does what he does that ends in kindly ones.

Yeah, it's a mistake to think that the Endless' sense of ethic and morality resembles ours. Take Brief Lives for example: Dream and Delirium goes on what they consider a fun road trip where a lot of people die in horrible ways and one man is driven insane by Delirium. When their driver is burned to death they just consider it a mild annoyance that they have to drive their car themselves.

bobkatt013 posted:

It does however have some connections with later stories. Specifically one of the victims girlfriend and friend
The diner scene (along with the contest in hell) is also kind of the story where Gaiman starts to develop the tone of Sandman.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 26, 2021

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

I will continue to be mad that the Gargoyles action figures aren't allowed to be sold outside the US.

Now I'm imagining specially trained dogs that can sniff out gargoyles action figures. Custom agents that proudly present confiscated gargoyles action figures with a street prize of 100 000 dollars before the press. Gargoyle action figure smugglers:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Doom Patrol is still good. But it's a little strange that they apparently can't use the official DC Death but had to make up another character.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

site posted:

which character is replacing death

A weird spider lady.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

It's been a while since I heard this so I'm not actually sure how accurate it is, but apparently Neil Gaiman owns the rights to all* the Endless so anytime DC wants to use them they're legally obligated to ask his permission first.

* Except Daniel Dream since he's technically related to an existing DC character.

He doesn't. DC owns the rights to the Endless.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shirkelton posted:

Having the writers of Doom Patrol create something wholesale rather than using something Neil Gaiman dreamt up sounds like a win/win to me.

Yeah, but it is funny that they used the Dead Boy Detective Agency if they can't use Death since their origin is explicitly connected to her.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Not unless we're all ghosts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I'm pretty sure that I'm not a ghost.