Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

zoux posted:

Oh man how cool would it be if Sebastian Stan joined the cast while he waited for the Cap role.

He's going to have to wait a long time because I don't think you'll ever see Bucky Cap in the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

Chris Evans is only signed through his third movie or something(6 total, 3 cap 3 avengers). Sebastian Stan is signed for like 9 movies. We could definitely see them do the storyline that has him take over on the big screen.

We certainly could see that, but my guess is they're just going to recast the part when Evans is done.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

hi liter posted:

Obviously this would be a huge achievement for these many different companies and such to pull off and I'm not holding my breath. Is there precedent for cross-network crossover?

Other than Munch being loving everywhere, nothing comes to mind.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The Daredevil show is next year isn't it?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

notthegoatseguy posted:

I think the fault is that, rather than spend the first 12 episodes doing character development, they decided to make it a paranormal procedural show that they've since almost completely abandoned. .

Deep down I suspect every television executive wants all dramas to be episodic procedurals that viewers can drop in and out of at the drop of a hat and not feel like they have to catch up on a massive backstory in order to do so.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

To be fair, there's only one CSI running currently. Miami and NY died.

Not true, there's now CSI: Cyber!

Ugh, too slow. Anyway yeah, procedurals are generally viewed as easier to syndicate and the most popular shows on TV are procedurals. So I think ABC would've loved it if AoS could've been NCIS: Shield.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Jesse Martin is Detective Green, not Ed, silly. :v:

But Detective Green was Ed too, just not Ed Ed

Jesus, it's Ed's all the way down.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

DynamicSloth posted:

Those weren't Shield agents they were regular military (presumably Talbot's mooks) and they didn't specifically show Ward kill any of them.

FBI agents if the big honking name plates on their armor meant anything.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

lomzus posted:

Jessica Jones - Krysten Ritter, Alexandra Daddario

Either will be fine.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

al-azad posted:

But man, Barry is so loving dumb in combat, it's frustrating.

The lightning bolt gave him abs, not combat training.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Dean Cain and Helen Slater have landed roles on CBS' Supergirl

Their roles haven't been revealed but I'd think they're Kara's parents.

They've already cast someone as Allura, so maybe Ma and Pa Danvers?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The MSJ posted:

Kingpin pictures.

He's no Michael Clarke Duncan, but that second picture is so perfect.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

Right now ... most people think Fury is dead, but we know from the trailers he will show up and reveal that to be a lie,

Do you think Coulson, or anybody on Team Bus, told Bobbi that Fury is still alive?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Hahaha, Rory is literally a Time Lord Master.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

So, are we supposed to assume that that was Lara, Superman's mom, at the end? For a second I thought they had gender-swapped Zod.

Without having seen the pilot, just based on casting news you sure it isn't Kara's mom?

ToastyPotato posted:

It's bad because it smacks of having cake and eating it too. They want to tie it to Superman to get people to watch, and tease that he's out there, but they don't want him on the show.

Yep, got it in one.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Barry Convex posted:

It's pretty good, overall; even the Superman absence problem isn't that bad here, though it'll become more problematic the more he's referenced in subsequent episodes.

I'm going to guess/hope that the constant namechecks are a function of the pilot and they'll taper them off.

I think the best thing the pilot had going for it was Benoist. She has the same sort of charisma Gustin has on Flash and really sold the holy poo poo, being able to fly is really loving cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Teek posted:

Should have had Superman "killed" off by Doomsday before the series began.

For what this show is trying to be that's probably too grim a starting point. Once the show gets going in earnest, and they stop referring to superman every two minutes, it really won't be that big of a deal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Those are all two hour premieres, that's different from a pilot episode. I don't even think they shot pilots for some of those series listed.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ville Valo posted:

Where/when/why?

Probably when they said no to doing more Constantine.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

And was that Maria Hill briefly?

I don't think she's in this. You probably saw Carrie-Ann Moss.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

My life feels empty there were no comic shows this week.

Supergirl doesn't count?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

It's somehow even worse than Arrow and Flash, and has none of the good things those shows have to distract from the dialogue.

Benoist is every bit as good as Gustin, and I'm really starting to love what Flockhart is doing with Cat. That being said, loving Hell was this episode ham fistedrigjt up to the big reveal.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

And Rose Mciver is no Kristen Bell.

It still makes me laugh that she does the "Stay tuned for iZombie" bumper over the Flash credits in her normal accent.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

In other news, both Berlanti and CBS President have dropped hints that a Flash/Supergirl crossover was still a possibility this season. Berlanti said they only have a few weeks to figure it out though.

I don't know when their respective finales are airing, but having Barry bust into National City as the cliffhanger for both shows would be amazing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I also learned that Joe Simon lived to see the first Cap movie, which was pretty drat cool.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It made a fair bit of sense considering how hard they hit on the notion that Cap is not a tool of the US government, but represents the "idea" of America, and what better way to prove that then by bringing up the time he fought Nixon?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ToastyPotato posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if this was on purpose. I don't remember if Arrow was ever at some point designed as a spin off, but it was definitely some what informed by what came before it (Smallville). Didn't some of the people who worked on it come from Smallville?
Berlanti, Kriesberg, and Guggenheim had nothing to do with Smallville, but who knows about the rest of the writers. Felicity was never supposed to be anything more than a one episode IT drone Oliver got help from, but then they saw how well Amell and Rickards played off each other and the rest is history.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Greg Berlanti is the strongest man in television.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Scyantific posted:

TV Flash is as fast as the plot demands it.

So in this case he'll be just fast enough to beat Kara.

The race is probably how Barry goes fast enough to get home.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

When you're trapped in an alternate dimension you do what you have to in order to gain the locals' trust.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I remember Ron Moore swearing up and down that Starbuck was dead, that Sackhoff wasn't coming back to the show, etc etc and welp.

Though I suppose technically he didn't lie about Kara being dead...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The thing about the hostile witness/closing argument, which was on the face super dumb even to a person who's legal knowledge is gleaned entirely from watching Law & Order, is that Matt knew he was hosed because he heard the paid off guard tell Frank to throw the case.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

iZombie is great and I really should get caught up with it.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

citation needed*

Unless you mean because it got renewed for a 4th season then I guess that counts?

By my count it's the sixth highest rated drama on ABC :downs:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's it behind?
Going by these numbers, ShondaLand, Quantico, and Once Upon a Time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

ufarn posted:

I don't know if they're that high. It has fairly high ratings for delayed viewings, though.

Jesus, you ain't kidding 110% increase in the most recent week of DVR numbers released :stare:

AoS also got a nice 90% boost.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Reign is just the weirdest idea for a show to me, because I know in broad strokes how Mary's life goes, and to say it ends poorly is an understatement. Though the show will probably get cancelled long before her ouster from the Scottish throne.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

X-O posted:

Wentworth Miller is no longer a regular on Legends of Tomorrow. There goes literally the only reason to ever watch that show.

I'm like two episodes behind, is this a spoiler for the season or information about season 2?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, Legends has never quite congealed properly. It would be interesting if it was deliberately Rip Hunter and his band of screw-ups raging against the immutable current of history, but I can't shake the feeling that's not what the show is going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

jscolon2.0 posted:

What's he working on? The Man From U.N.C.L.E. sequel?

Oh pretty please, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. was a delightful movie.