Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Latino Review is so chronically full of poo poo I can't believe anything they put out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Jessica Jones episode titles

1x01 - AKA Ladies Night (52m)
1x02 - AKA Crush Syndrome (52m)
1x03 - AKA It's Called Whiskey (54m)
1x04 - AKA 99 Friends
1x05 - AKA The Sandwich Saved Me (50m)
1x06 - AKA You're a Winner (54m)
1x07 - AKA Top Shelf Perverts
1x08 - AKA WWJD?
1x09 - AKA Sin Bin
1x10 - AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk
1x11 - AKA I've Got the Blues
1x12 - AKA Jewel and the Power Man
1x13 - AKA Smile

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RevKrule posted:

Also joining the cast are Theo Rossi (Sons of Anarchy) and Rosario Dawson will be reprising her DD role (like with Jessica Jones).

more specifically Rossi is playing classic Luke Cage villain/future Power Man father Shades

twistedmentat posted:

The one and only Misty Knight! I hope she has a giant afro, because otherwise, it's not true Misty Knight. What about Coleen Wing?

what about coleen wing

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

Has Quake ever worn anything other than a SHIELD Uniform?

not as a costume, no

the complaining is weird and dumb

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
he looks like vision, which I guess is appropriate considering the weird parallels between those characters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah, if the effect was to try and make him look like a robot then they hosed up. he just looks like a red guy in armor.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
evil lady doesn't have an announced name and the bad guy agency is Advance Threat Recon or something like that. They already talked about this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hot off the spanish netflix facebook page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5g8v7szix0

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

What exactly do you guys think is the second body in the sky if she's on the moon?

COUNTER-EARTH

(I don't know)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Probably Gibbons, I doubt Moore sees or enjoys anything

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Executive Producer of Gotham posted:

sometimes backstories are more complicated and interesting than, you know, falling into vat of toxic chemicals or being bitten by a spider.

:jerkbag:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Nope it's the good ol' Hierarchy of International Vengeance and Extermination

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

quote:

"Look, I know how important this character is to you guys, I know that," said Bernthal. "I know how important Punisher is to law enforcement and the military, I look at this as a huge honor and responsibility, I give you my absolute word that I will give everything I have."

ughhhh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

I think it's both creepy and weird for people in law enforcement to admire a vigilante murderer character, and it's even creepier for anyone involved in the creative process of that character to reciprocate.

case in point

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Carrie-Anne Moss' Jessica Jones character revealed as a female version of Jeryn_Hogarth, the guy who ran the business end of Heroes for Hire

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Sounds like everything I thought they were gonna cut from Jessica Jones so far they haven't!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
kind of worried from those blurbs they're just going to strip out anything remotely x-meny or mutanty from those shows

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Skwirl posted:

iZombie continues to be the best tv show based on a comic.

"based" on a comic

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

greatn posted:

I think it's a multiracial prison.

That pilot was pretty groanworthy though, hopefully next week is better. They were really laying on the "you can't be a hero, your a GIRL" pretty thick, and it just isn't believable that anyone would talk like that in 2015. Even mysoginists use coded language.

Not as coded as you'd think

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ufarn posted:

Regardless of how JJ compares to DD, it's such a different take on superhero live-action than anything that's ever been done. It's probably one of the easiest at making you forget you're watching something based on a comicbook. It's also avoids the fan service-y stuff with a billion reference to take you out of it.

man, I dunno

there are a LOT of references, maybe not as far reaching as daredevil, but they're there

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
best jessica jones running gag in this household right now is how the Avengers were replaced with a bus

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffles Inc. posted:

Totally agreed--I finished JJ this weekend and felt the same way. I thought it was a great little jab to have his "powers" (see: turning into a loving rear end in a top hat) be red pills

That's not really a jab though that's just how it was in the comics

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Props to Supergirl for pulling off a genuine twist no one spoiled in advance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Hey everyone, let's discuss what the worst episode of Smallville is.

I nominate the one where a guy helps kill his mother who's dying from horrible cancer after she begs him to, and then he gets magic kryptonite hands that turn people into ashes and becomes obsessed with "ending the pain" of every elderly person he sees. Then at the end of the episode it turns out his mother is fine and not that much in pain he was just a crazy rear end in a top hat and assisted suicide is wrong 100% of the time with no grey area!

I think it's the one where the guy who played Colonel Tigh from Battlestar Galactica is Slade Wilson and says "I'm beyond death's stroke now!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It is not the anti-anime. It is very much anime.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aphrodite posted:

People say that about every anime.

Maybe the generic anime no longer exists.

oh it totally does just no one in the west is watching them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rhyno posted:

Is Naruto still a thing?

No it ended

also I would not call Naruto generic. It had a style to it. Y'all don't know generic if that's what you're thinking of.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
90's Spider-Man does not hold up in any way. It's not even the best Spider-Man cartoon.

Batman TAS is probably the closest answer you will get to mass agreement. Even ignoring just how drat good the show is it had a massive impact on Batman as a comic series and as a franchise.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

That's a load, it's all about union vs non-union in the voice acting world.

christopher daniel barnes is union, chief

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

If you could speak french you'd realize what a good decision that was.

from my understanding it's like they got a character for a british character and the actor just had a thick texan accent

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

twistedmentat posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/08/preacher-amc

Not that I expected them to go full Grail and Herr Starr in season 1, but it sounds like that outside of Cassedy, there won't be any supernatural aspects. It will be just Jesse, his Ex, and a Irish Vampire dealing with Southern lowlifes from the sound of it.

given there's an actor cased for Fiore already I don't think it's going t obe all that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

X-O posted:

Also it's entertainment, it doesn't have to line up with how someone would view the real world anyway. Do I want a Punisher running around in real life? No or course not, that would be horrifying. Do I want one running around in the Marvel Universe? Yes, because it's entertaining and not real. Just like I don't watch a Friday the 13th movie because I agree with Jason that all these misbehaving teens need to die immediately for their sins.

It's only a problem when a Punisher product starts directly screaming at you THIS IS COOL AND SHOULD BE REAL I AGREE WITH THIS 100% DON'T YOU non-stop like the last book

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

bunnyofdoom posted:

probably made it bulletproof.

finally

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
that's because it was a non-canon what if like the "The End" books

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Black street gangs actually

Yakuza aren't even able to spread in Japan, so why do we still need these remnants of 80's Japanophilia?

Because The Hand.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gaz-L posted:

Kazuma Kiryu is not going to crossover with the MCU, man.

but what if

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Medullah posted:

Pretty sure it's as intended, meant to look like a 60s comic cover.

c'mon y'all

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Lurdiak posted:

Yes, we get it, that doesn't mean that poster doesn't like 100 times worse than that cover.

Oh yeah it's not great I just thought the implication was medullah didn't know the reference

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
web of shadows is stupid from the word go

the tutorial is luke cage teaching spider-man to use his own powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Legends really should've just been Danger 5