Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah don't loving talk poo poo about Space Jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

The Origins mask seems like it'd be even harder for him to see to his right than it should be with having just a left eye.

To get an idea of how much of an opening you need for a wide field of vision, look at modern motorcycle helmets. Granted, those aren't sitting right on the face, but still.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Once again I'm kinda baffled anyone watched that show long enough to explain in detail how bad it got.
A forum I used to post on had a thread devoted to people watching it just to poo poo on it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

404GoonNotFound posted:

And that forum... was TVIV.

I don't think I've ever even opened TVIV intentionally.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm mostly surprised people still play SWOTOR.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

I will never understand how the Tv show that's a faithful adaptation of a very popular best-selling book series spawned a fandom so psychotic about avoiding spoilers

I saw someone complain about spoilers for The Return of the King back when the movie came out. People will *always* complain about spoilers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Most people on the planet would have had no reason to read LOTR in their life. I never understand this stupid argument. It doesn't matter how old it is. No one is forced to read GoT or LOTR in their lives. You can read a ton of books and never have read either series. I have personally never read Dune, for example. It literally costs nothing to let people enjoy something as they experience it for the first time. Do you really walk around like an rear end in a top hat and mistreat people because you happen to have seen/read whatever they are currently experiencing before them? I mean I'm the one who has usually seen/read poo poo before most of my friends and family and I don't act like a colossal dick just because they are slower to get around to it than me. I saw Winter Soldier before most of my friends and family and I didn't make a big deal out of the fact that a bunch of them only saw it this weekend and some haven't even seen it yet. I know a few who are waiting for the DVD even. I knew people who knew jack poo poo about The Hobbit and I didn't roll my eyes at them when they expressed ignorance regarding the story. Just don't be a dick to people!

I swear that geeks are some of the most miserable people I have ever known in my life.
At which point did I say I was the one delivering said spoilers? I've never read LOTR and have no particular desire to do so.

Does Scalped get good? I read the first trade and thought the art was hideous and the main character completely unlikeable.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're also doing Hickman's Pax Romana.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Forget about the big two writing for the movies. This next year we'll be drowning in pilot pitches disguised as indie comics.
You mean we haven't been drowning in that since as long as Mark Millar has been selling rights left and right?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Alfred, I told you my waifu wants HOT water!"

"Alfred, get the Martial Arts VR Training Room ready!"
"Master Bruce, I still cannot fathom how to turn on this Xbox One machine."
Like a true otaku would use a filthy gaijin console and not a PS4 from glorious Nippon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Is this really going to be airing on a Friday? Are Fridays no longer death slots or is NBC just saying "good luck new guy" to the show?

Being on NBC is a death slot, so being on Fridays is just a matter of degrees at this point.

Plus I have the feeling that they realize the audience they're targeting is *probably* not the type that will watch it live, anyway, so it doesn't matter as much.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Man Thing gave Constantine his first break so John owes him.
No, ORIGINAL WRITER gave him his first break.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The world isn't ready for white Kingpin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She's got the look down right. He does not so much.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Waterhaul posted:

I don't know how anybody could expect Christian to be anything other than a very camp character with a weird accent after Copley's casting.

I have no idea who he is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The lead in District 9, the psycho villain in Elysium, and Murdock in The A-Team.

Oh! That guy. Got it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's okay, though the nonfunctional wire ropes are a really dumb look.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pretty much anything lacking a real serial narrative?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shouldn't Dan Didio be posting that?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought that meant Lady Hawkguy and was really confused why that would be on CW but thought it would be cool and now I'm REALLY disappointed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grab a towel!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They'll show up here sooner or later.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Having Cody job to a TV star at Summerslam is still not even close to the least dignified thing Vince has made a Rhodes do.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I know.

It's more a joke that Vince has spent the careers of two generations of wrestlers degrading them because the oldest dared to have a successful rival promotion.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was about to wonder why I didn't know that Green Arrow was Dean the Rapist, but he's not. Dean the Rapist became Stryker.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Where do we talk about WWE comic books?

Licensed comics thread!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MikeJF posted:

The extreme levels of shading to add depth look a little too on-the-nose to me.

I like how they panel-lined it like a Gundam model.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is it on youtube yet? I'm honestly not going to pay to see summer slam if I only care about fiveish minutes of it, but I do want to see that.
WWE is pretty good about keeping their content off YouTube (unless they upload it, of course), especially current PPV content. It might show up like Vimeo or DailyMotion or somewhere that's less stringent than YouTube. Or you can just wait for the next free month of the Network, which tend to come every three months or so.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess. They're good at keeping good quality off, though! Seeing a screen grab of a pirate stream is kind of funny, though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

What was the Anti-life equation again? Sadness + Misery or something goofy like that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That sure is a tacticool form-fitting black uniform.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why would you not consider Barry Allen to be derivative?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

Well, you would think that if he could mind-control anyone, he wouldn't need to worry about being physically inconspicuous. But whatever, best not to get too hung up on this.
Unless they changed how his powers work, his mind-control isn't quite like that. He has to actually tell people what to do, so he would have to be constantly whispering at people for this to work.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brother Entropy posted:

Everytime Kilgrave has to go out in public he brings his megaphone and just chants over and over 'PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE PURPLE MAN YELLING AT YOU'
It's a good thing no one in New York doesn't understand English!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Word is barely a defining characteristic of Jesse, and Ennis pretty much has him stop using it halfway through the series except in really special situations. Even ignoring that, maybe the idea is to make it a surprise to people coming in fresh to the series.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Some details about the CW Riverdale show have been released.

quote:

Archie Andrews is described as "pumped and looking good after working construction for his dad during the summer," plus "harboring more than one dark, terrible secret." Consistent with classic Archie traits, he's pursuing music and playing football -- and fielding romantic interest from multiple girls.

In a move likely to raise some eyebrows, Betty Cooper is said to have "some self-esteem issues and affinity for Adderall." Less surprising, she's also said to be "eager-to-please, wholesome and studious." Betty will also have a "emotionally brittle mom" and "goth-like sister," and it's noted, ominously, that her spot on the cheerleading team comes "with certain conditions."

"Riverdale" is looking to "ideally" cast a Latina performer in the role of Veronica Lodge, TVLine reports. She's said to have recently returned to Riverdale after a scandal that saw her father go to prison, and is dubbed "extremely intelligent, self-confident and immediately popular" -- and looking to shed her Mean Girl image.

The show's Jughead Jones is called an "emo-heartthrob," and the producers are said to seek a hearing-impaired actor for the role. When the show picks up, Archie and Jughead will no longer be best friends due to an as-yet undisclosed schism, with Jughead "refusing to take the olive branch being proffered by Archie, the hurt goes that deep."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/riverdale-looks-to-cast-pumped-archie-adderall-using-betty-and-emo-jughead

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I pay like $90 a month for cable and internet. All my promos have long expired. If there was a service that let me get USA live, I'd cut off the ~$20 a month the cable portion of that costs me.

I just want to watch Raw live.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Never watched either. Yes you can shame me

There's no shame in not watching terrible TV.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

But the Grail are the best part!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Man, they really fixed that costume from how stupid it looked in the season finale. It's still probably not quite as strong as the black mask since it's a bit too busy, but at least it no longer looks like you were watching a crime thriller and suddenly Iron Man 3 showed up.
I really loved the palpable saltiness in the interview with the first season's costume designer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's the one!