Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

zoux posted:

Best thing so far was when some guy in the TVIV thread was bitching about the Hand being a cheap Foot Clan knock off.

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Agents of Shield is the best superhero show.
Tallest midget

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Didn't they already say that they're aliens and they took out all the religious elements?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Apparently that was a false rumor!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

It makes me laugh how biased Andrew Kreisberg (and probably Geoff Johns) are about continuing to use a lot of characters they created in the DCTV shows.

This week was Rupture who I had never even heard of, but then looked up and welp. First things that catch my eye are "New 52" "Kreisberg" "Johns". Yep.

Yeah it's weird someone would want to use characters they get royalties for.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As someone who mostly enjoys Star Trek, it's honestly way more bad than good.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Only if you include the bad spin-offs, which nobody in their right mind should.
Half or more of the movies the movies, Voyager, Enterprise, the first two seasons of TNG and DS9, and a not-insignificant numbers of episodes of TOS, TNG, and DS9 are skippable at best. That's not even getting into the troves of terrible official fanfiction that no one should actually read.

EDIT: "Star Trek is good unless you count the bad parts!"

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 16, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sefer posted:

Wait, so you think Voyager of all things was the good Star Trek?

He probably forgot about it, which is really the best approach to Voyager.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was watching Extreme Rules, so I guess I'll have to watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

How is it smart to take a road trip story and make an entire season out of the part before the road trip starts.
Let's be real here: altering an Ennis story to be very different is probably not the worst mistake someone can make for TV. Or anything.

That said, I've been enjoying it a lot, and if they can get some of the crappier parts of the series (Quincannon) out of the way early while focusing on developing the characters, I don't really see an issue (haven't watched Ep. 4 yet).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yo I keep seeing Turbo Kid pop up and wondering why Turbo Teen got a relaunch or whatever but it's completely different???

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Turbo Kid is loving insane and you should go watch it right the hell now.

The synopsis makes it sound like some Kung Fury monkeycheese trash.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Shield got old and fat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm really enjoying it, but if Rogan said it was supposed to be comic-accurate, he was lying through his teeth, though maybe he just meant in terms of characterization. I think that's pretty close.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm gonna do it out of spite.

(Not really. Please don't probate me Waterhaul.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

greatn posted:

The police aren't going to help you, because they can't believe your bad opinions on Agents of Shield.

His opinions of Agents of SHIELD are correct. His bad ones involve Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, and that other one with the Atom or whatever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think you're making way too big a deal of it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Things that will happen in aos:

Lockjaws a cat

This would rule, actually.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

The events of The Avengers caused a split timeline, one where the movies take place and one where the shows take place. Some of the movie stuff may still be happening in the TV show universe but may not be exactly the same. There, simple.
AoS is in the boringest timeline

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

AoS is pretty good.

Please don't troll.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

You do realise he looks exactly like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, right?
That's a nice hole you're digging.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

He's been the go to voice of Batman for all their recent animated movies, outside of whatever they managed to get Conroy for lately.

So...no one's favorite Batman voice actor?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ask Bendis on Twitter. Unless he banned you for posting something negative about something he did but not even actually @ing him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Powers was a PSN only joint, and also the only PSN only joint I know of so I'm not surprised it didn't last.
I vaguely recall some terrible reality show where the "winner" got a game testing job.

Rhyno posted:

If you're civil he's usually open to questions. His tweet says "for now" so he may not be willing to give that up yet. He probably plans to shop the show around again.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that multiple people on here have said he's blocked them for saying negative things towards his work on Twitter that he found by searching for his own name.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Fun" is anathema to MCU Netflix shows, unfortunately.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I call it the Battle of Avenger Aggression.

Wake up sheeple!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Personally, I'd like some proof that there were any aliens at all and it wasn't just a mass hallucination perpetrated by Tony Stark's army of supervigilantes to explain a drunken rampage of destroying Manhattan.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hammer Industries just needs to change their name a few times and everyone will forget!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mulva posted:

Latino Iron Fist could still be white!
Not if he was Dominican.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope American Dracula had some words to say about this horrible SJW-forced change to an iconic character!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jack Kirby is rolling in his grave.

http://www.cbr.com/supergirls-guard...BR-TW&view=list

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I would love Whedon to go back to TV, he's poo poo at movies.

He's also poo poo at TV

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

The more comic book shows on tv the better. It says they'll be using some existing characters so I'm gonna just go ahead and assume it's an X-Factor/Madrox show.

It would be nice if any of them were actually worth watching. Alas, I don't expect this will change anything.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'd put it more along the lines of "Twin Peaks" minus the supernatural (at least so far - who knows where it will go) plus more CW-style teen soap. I liked it a lot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

If the show goes more than 2 seasons we'll have Sabrina showing up and Jughead's timetravelling gender-swapped-Archie-descendent girlfriend.

Yessssssssss

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Madkal posted:

Man I want a Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover with the Arrowverse so so so so badly.

I don't want that because I don't want good things crossing over with bad things.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I hate comedies in general
At least your username is appropriate.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's a good thing his supervillain name doesn't follow Black Bolt's because "Max Bolt" just doesn't sound like a bad guy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

Everyone who was a TV actor at the time was on Smallville at some point. You can't hold that against them. For instance the guy that played Green Arrow is currently killing it on the best new network show of the year.
He doesn't appear to be on Riverdale.