Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, Gotham sounds really terrible. Look, see the villains before they were villains! So we can wink and nod at foreshadowing but never actually do anything interesting with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Mentalizer posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress? I finally got around to watching that episode and man, that was totally unnecessary. Why take one of the most likable characters and do that?

He is on another show and didn't have much time to film Shield. And also they needed something to not just make it super awesome that Skye got superpowers and tie it to a moment where she will also wonder if it was worth it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like they might be taking some bits from the Man Without Fear mini, which is fine by me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Neilsen's themselves are outdated as hell. I really wish the industry could come up with another way to judge how many people are watching a program live vs. DVR/streaming services/on demand.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd have to reread the Man Without Fear comic, but I think Matt was in college or law school when his dad was killed.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Gamma/super soldier serum enhanced French Bulldogs.

Kingpin pictures.

Holy poo poo he looks spot on.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He's actually just a Bendis cosplayer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Booster Gold and razor sharp wit doesn't really go together...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

The costume in the reflection has eyes, which the black suit does not have. Pretty sure it also has horns.

A belt, too. I think that is his red costume.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm super giddy at the Iron Fist easter eggs. I was worried that show might not get a lot of attention but a lot of things were built up to it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think they nailed every character. Even the smaller roles like Melvin Potter and Turk. But the leads are all especially outstanding.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

I'm on the finale and wow, this is amazing.

I loved how they straight up showed Nobu was a Hand Ninja, and Mardipoor has been hinted at a bunch of times.

What are the Iron Fist references?

The heroin the Chinese make is stamped with the same symbol on Davos' chest and is called Steel Serpent.

And it's heavily implied that Gao is from K'un-L'un and is probably Madame Crane.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They haven't said anything about Iron Fist. I imagine that we'll see some casting soon since I can't imagine a Luke Cage series without Danny Rand showing up. But if they're going to pull inspiration, the Fraction/Brubaker run is the absolute best thing to use.

I hope they go balls to the walls mystic kung fu with it and have Iron Fist take on swarms of ninjas and a dragon and otherworldly fighters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She's got a gig lined up working customer service for the kindle fire.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/17/marvel-john-ridley

What's crazy is that this is apparently separate from the reported Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, which would make for a total of FOUR Marvel shows on ABC (not all concurrently, but still) if everything including Agent Carter gets picked up.

I don't understand how that makes business sense for ABC given the middling ratings of the Marvel shows this season, but hey, I won't complain. Probably doesn't bode well for Agent Carter's chances of a second season, though.

Runaways has been something that's been talked about for a long time in getting a TV adaption. I'd bet on that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

This season of Arrow really hasn't been helped by its completely underwhelming flashbacks, complete with horrible kid actor.

Where are we going? Who are they? Where's my mom?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

And a stand-up lady who believes you when you say you're not 100% a dick.

I don't think anyone is 100% a dick...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

But it would be a great opportunity to cast an Asian or even biracial actor.

A big part of Danny Rand's character is he's a spoiled rich white kid who is viewed as an outsider and told that he doesn't belong in the places he frequents most: K'un-Lun and Harlem.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So then why don't we make Shang-Chi white?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dan Didio posted:

You seem really smart and like you've got this all figured out.

The point is there is already a character named Shang-Chi out there that Marvel can use, and changing Danny Rand's race is pointless because of Shang-Chi's existence.

But I wouldn't expect forums troll Dan Didio to pass up the opportunity to make a snarky, useless comment.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

The entire timeline is in danger, we need your help normal human woman with a stick.

Hey by the way, do you have any protection against arrows?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

I've never read any Iron Fist so if instead they want to make "Rumble In the Bronx: The Series" I'd be pretty cool with it.

You should read Immortal Iron Fist.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I'm guessing they aren't planning on using Dormammu.

Rumors said they are. Him and Mordo.

But I think they'd go with Night Nurse instead of Clea to have an audience stand in to explain all the magic stuff.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Oh man, if they could get the FF rights back and put Johnny Storm in high school with Peter...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just start remaking popular series "but with superheroes!"

Cheers... but with superheroes!
Friends... but with superheroes!
Scrubs... but with superheroes!
Frasier... but with superheroes!
Night Court... but with superheroes!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really, really want to see who they get for Danny Rand.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

Diggle stole Magneto's helmet from the recent Cullen Bunn series it seems.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/john-diggle-suits-up-in-first-look-at-new-arrow-costume

"Hey Diggle, what sort of headgear do you want?"

"Just gently caress my poo poo up."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She looks just like Quake. I like it.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mikeraskol posted:

This might be a dumb question but did Simmons covering up the cut/blood on her head with dirt mean anything. Not too familiar with comics is there anything that hunts based on blood or something.

It probably did, but I don't think it has anything specific to the comics.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

I thought the high evolutionary was like a Dr. Zaius type dude, my only exposure being Spider-Man Unlimited the short lived cartoon they made as a response to Batman Beyond.

The High Evolutionary is a character that writers can't really agree on. Sometimes he's helpful to the downtrodden, sometimes he's just neutral to it all, and sometimes he's mustache twirling evil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

RevKrule posted:

Netflix is going hard and heavy now on the Jessica Jones promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRSl4-6nQBU

I like it's the same shot as the Daredevil teaser.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

zoux posted:

I do agree that if you are an abuse survivor that you should be careful about watching the show. But i bet there are a ton of thinkpieces about portrayals of sexual and psychological abuse in media written with regard to JJ as the show gets closer so hopefully potential viewers will know what's coming.

Well, Jessica herself also confronts all of that poo poo and comes out a better person. So it's not like she's going to be treated as a sensitive flower who is saved by a man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

There was light buzz that they wanted to develop the new girl Blade for the screen in some way.

Doing that and bringing back Snipes in a supporting role would be really sweet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nothing will ever change the fact that Bruce Wayne was inspired by Balloon Man.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

And he wasn't a generic serial killer, he only killed people who were holding him or guarding the person he was hired to get.

He was a mob trained killer who the new boss in town rejected which pissed him off and got him ranting about the power structure slightly before being caught.

And he killed the paramedics who were transporting him to the hospital. I'd say he is a generic serial killer.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

greatn posted:

Uh, cause they were guarding him and probably tried to prevent him from leaving the ambulance bro.

I think paramedics are trying to keep you alive and not guarding you. There would be a police officer in the ambulance if they wanted to guard the patient. Plus it was apparently very gruesome in how he killed them.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

I don't get why it's surprising that Iron Fist hasn't been cast? I doubt we'll see the show in 2016 as Marvel already has two shows out next year. And Jessica Jones wasn't even cast until like December last year and that was for a show that's just about to come out.

I think it's because everyone is expecting him to be in the Luke Cage series, and that's getting close to filming, isn't it?

Actually filming started in September but will run through spring.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-O posted:

That Red Tornado costume looks just as bad on the show as it does in the promo shots.

http://i.imgur.com/QescvUO.jpg

Hahahaha no way

It's Justin Hammer's Vision.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Comic Book Men is more of a comic book show than iZombie.

It does feature a guy who wears the same outfit every day like a superhero costume, so this checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You just throw Immortal Iron Fist at people and tell them to adapt it.

AMC has that Into the Badlands show coming up, so obviously there are people out there who know how to adapt martial arts with other genres. I'm sure there is not a lack of martial arts filmmakers who would love to get attached to a high profile TV show.