Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the Krypton show work watching and does it end on a cliffhanger?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe not in the modern day, but Superman being an all-american hero used to be a big part of his marketing, especially in the 40s and 50s. He might not literally have worn the flag like Cap, but he was seen as a patriotic American icon, even outside of the US. People of my father's generation still think of him that way.

And let's not forget:

Nobody younger than generation X knows what the Super Friends are.

Super Friends was on cartoon network when Millennials were children.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Barry Convex posted:

I would not be surprised if Black Widow is being delayed to next year and FatWS is being delayed after it for plot/casting reasons, not just its own production delays. Sigh

https://twitter.com/brandondavisbd/status/1307867259520593922?s=21

They are still writing FatWS? I thought they just needed to film a few scenes and do special effects/post production work.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Given how few directors get even one shot at directing massive block busters, "better than Episode 9" isn't a high enough bar, it's not like Treverrow's Jurassic Park set the world on fire.

Jurassic World was a much better movie than episode 9. It was far from a great movie though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Dr Strange will wipe the knowledge from everyone. May and Happy will wonder why they're dating each other and even how they ever met. And Pete will likely get cut off from the Stark resources and Ned and MJ will have no idea he's Spider-Man. Pete will request it because JJJ spilling the beans has painted a big fat target on everyone he loves.

I'm also thinking the next movie will involve the Goblin. I mean I'm surprised they went this long without having Spider-Man's arch nemesis show up yet. That can be the jumping off point for Secret Invasion/Dark Reign for the rest of MCU.

I think they are hesitant to make the Goblin a big part of a phase in the MCU before more contract talks with Sony. I assume Marvel would want to ensure they'd have the Goblin/Norman available for more movies than are currently left in the Sony/Marvel deal.

site posted:

Since it hasn't been posted here yet in this house we stan a trans icon

https://twitter.com/TheElliotPage/status/1333820783655837701?s=19

Nice, congrats to Elliot.