Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
No joke, I seriously thought she was going to sacrifice that kid to get her powers back. Who knows, maybe baby-blood is a vital spell component.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Finally caught up with this season and I hate Adelind. I guess I'm one of the few people who liked her story arc in Europe where she became more humanized especially when she got her hex powers back but everything after her baby left dragged the story down. Plus I don't see how everyone could not see how telling her the royals had her baby wouldn't make her an agent for them.

I wished they just told Wu what was going on. Nick, Hank, Juliette, Monroe, and Rosalee all getting together with and calmly explained everything would have been better than them leaving him in a mental institution to possibly lose his mind. Trubel was a nice addition to the show and I'm glad the writers handled her so well. She feels like a nice addition to the group.

Some people seem to want Nick to become isolated and dark and edgy but I like the steady increase of people into his world, whether they be friends or uneasy allies. It works with the idea of how he's not the usual grimm. Hopefully after the stupid depowered storyline is cleared up they'll focus more on that kind of stuff and more of the lore.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NBC announcement: S4 will begin on 24th October. That's a long wait. On the up side, it does mean we should get an episode almost every week until Christmas.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Jedit posted:

NBC announcement: S4 will begin on 24th October. That's a long wait. On the up side, it does mean we should get an episode almost every week until Christmas.

I kind of wish they'd've started earlier so they could do a really creepy independent Wesen episode for Halloween. Figure they'll be in the back half of an opening two-parter instead due to the later start. BTW, I was a bit disappointed in the lack of a meta closing message at the end of the season. I really liked the "Oh come on, you knew this was coming" at the end of season 2.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

johntfs posted:

I don't think she was mind-controlled any more than most mothers are mind-controlled by their children. The spiteful creature bit is spot on, though. I predict that she'll get to Europe, learn that no, Victor doesn't have her child and then throw in with him in order to have the resource to get her back.

I think you underestimate the spitefulness.

Although she'll also find out who actually has her kid soon, so she'll go back to hating everyone. Status quo I guess?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Would this be too spoilery (or too lame) to be the initial title of next year's thread?

Grimm S4: Now starring a U of Mich. grad as the title character, I guess?

EDIT: CuddleChunks has come up with some others which are better, so there's no chance of me using this one.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 2, 2014

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Would this be too spoilery (or too lame) to be the initial title of next year's thread?

Eh, I feel like nobody's going to be jumping in to the fourth season of a show like this one.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Voted lame.

There are loads of fun things with Monroe and the other characters that would make for better thread titles.

Grimm Season 4 - Grimmless in Portland

Grimm Season 4 - tWu Love Conquers All

Grimm Season 4 - Better than Portlandia

Grimm S4: Nick spergs about his PokeWesen collection

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

CuddleChunks posted:

Grimm Season 4 - Grimmless in Portland
I like this one.

quote:

Grimm S4: Nick spergs about his PokeWesen collection
This would have been funnier to start season 2, but it's still pretty good.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

CuddleChunks posted:

Voted lame.

There are loads of fun things with Monroe and the other characters that would make for better thread titles.

[b]Grimm Season 4 - Grimmless in Portland

Grimm Season 4 - tWu Love Conquers All

Yeah, those are much better.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

I have no idea what that title is supposed to mean.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Oasx posted:

I have no idea what that title is supposed to mean.

The woman who plays Trubel was a student at the University of Michigan when one of the creators of Grimm came to speak there. She talked to him after his session, and he told her to make an audition tape. She quickly made one and gave it to him. He liked it and brought her to LA the next day to audition at the network. They liked her, and flew her to Portland the next day to audition with Nick - where she got the role. It's a pretty obscure title that only people who follow entertainment news would get.

Also, since Nick's not a Grimm now, and Trubel is, she's the title character, I guess?

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 2, 2014

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

That is a great TVIV thread title. Obscure and annoying.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Late to the party but been watching this show on netflix and we've just finished series 2, is there any way of catching up with series 3 before the dvds come out?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
It should still be up on NBC.com.

EDIT: actually, looks like they've only got the back half of the season. Hulu only has the last five episodes. drat.

Also, apparently their stunt coordinator is up for an Emmy:

http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominat...on_category=All

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Astrofig posted:

Also, apparently their stunt coordinator is up for an Emmy:

http://www.emmys.com/awards/nominat...on_category=All

Hahahahahahaha, GRIMM got nominated and Arrow didn't? What a dick move.

Do they just hate the CW or something?

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Hahahahahahaha, GRIMM got nominated and Arrow didn't? What a dick move.

Do they just hate the CW or something?

What stunts are even in Grimm that are impressive, at all?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Grimm's fight scenes are actually very well coordinated. It's not at all the most egregious nominee.

(That title goes to True Blood!)

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Grimm's fight scenes aren't bad but Arrow not getting nominated was clearly an elitist snub.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ashez2ashes posted:

Grimm's fight scenes aren't bad but Arrow not getting nominated was clearly an elitist snub.

The problem with Arrows fight scenes is as the series as gone on the number of people who can catch an arrow in flight before it kills them goes up. After a while it becomes 'why bother shooting arrows?' Trick arrows occasionally appear to deal with these guys but they're so effective you wonder why they aren't standard for a billionaire to begin with.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 4, 2014

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
To get his powers back, I hope instead of Adalind, Nick has to see extra creepy monsters like these:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

On the subject of illustrations: there's a new Grimm comic out this week. It's a mini-OGN containing some stories they didn't have time to tell in the main run before it was cancelled, because they're not about Nick. One stars Wu (who gets billing in the title, Portland, Wu) and the other is about Renard.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Speaking of Renard, any word if he comes back next season?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Crap, my PVR got wiped out, and I lost all my Grimm episodes, which means that I can't go back and look for good quotes for the main characters for the Season 4 thread. Anyone remember/can re-watch for good quotes? EDIT: Preferably from Season 3.

ETB posted:

Speaking of Renard, any word if he comes back next season?

Judging from the Comic con 2014 panel, I think he probably will.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Sep 19, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Nick: "I think it's time we settled our differences. Violently."

Hank: "That was amazing. Can you do it again?"

Monroe: "That got out of hand" or whatever it was.

Rosalee: "You're not at all what I expected" or "I'm trying to figure out how...this...works."

I'll dig some more out after I finish rewatching Arrow.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Got one for Juliette at least:

I’m not impressed.*Brains a full-Woge Klaustrich using a frying pan*

Oh man, what was the one Nick said when describing his nightmare about the wedding? Something along the lines of "the dream ended when I decapitated Monroe's grandmother"?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 19, 2014

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
You could always go with what he said at the end of the one with the sewer-gators:

"Decapitare, I kind of like that."

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Astrofig posted:

You could always go with what he said at the end of the one with the sewer-gators:

"Decapitare, I kind of like that."

I'm watching the S3 DVD's and so far (10 episodes done), that's one of the top contenders for Nick's quote.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

do we have a season premiere date? As much as I love watching superhero shows I need some body horror back in my life

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
According to IMDB the fourth season premiere is Oct 24 - which means the second episode of Grimm falls on Halloween night.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Wait, this October? Is in, two weeks from tomorrow?! YESSSS!!!!!

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Aces High posted:

do we have a season premiere date? As much as I love watching superhero shows I need some body horror back in my life

Premiers with Constantine, so you can get your horror and horror superhero fixes same night

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Aren't they both basically horror superheroes?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I met a couple people who work in the costuming department on the show and apparently there are two huge racks of just Monroe sweaters.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

KilGrey posted:

I met a couple people who work in the costuming department on the show and apparently there are two huge racks of just Monroe sweaters.

This is the best fact I've learned today.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

KilGrey posted:

Of course there are. They film in Portland so I assume it's just a trip to the corner thrift shop to get 30 more. Or the guy selling artisinal coffee off his moped will knit them one from his pet sheep's organic, unbleached wool.

That bit of Portland bashing aside, I can't wait for the new season.

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

KilGrey posted:

This is amazing.

Not long to go now!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Okay, finished re-watching Season 3, and I've got a notebook full of quotes that I'll pick from. I'll just put together the recaps of each character's arc in Season 3 and tweak the images. Not sure when the new thread will be up, I'll try to get it up as soon as I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Season 4 thread is up.

• Locked thread