Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Apart from EoTM pretty much every update has been minor compared to pve. I'd like to see some more goddamn game modes in spvp, we know they're working on a few non conquest maps but they take so long to do anything when it comes to pvp.

weinus posted:

People actively avoid fighting.

Stop following pubbie commanders around.

weinus posted:

sPvP rewards overhaul was good but it's not enough to keep people interested.

The reward change increased player count noticeably, rewards always interest people. A new game mode would be better, tell em that Tivac!!!

Traxus IV posted:

Also I would like to hear the arguments for how the season 2 stuff was bad for WvW, and I'm not being smarmy here I'm actually interested. Wouldn't it have encouraged people who don't regularly play WvW to jump in and give it a try, leading to some population retention? How could that be bad?

A lot of hardcore wvw players, usually guild vs guild types absolutely hate wvw seasons as it makes wvw very popular and consider seasons hurtful to the game. Seasons floods the borderlands with casual scum that take their server spots and res the enemy team when they die in their cof zerker gear. SFD members have posted screenshots of their map chat tirades against ANET and pve players in this very thread.

Edit: Did I mention a new game mode yet.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.
Okay I'll be honest my opinion is biased since I am one of the 'hardcore' GvG types you guys despise...plz don't hate me. I just like killing mens with my bros.

I don't care about PvErs and so-called casuals filling borderlands, rallying enemies, whatever...I'm happy there are new people trying the game mode out.

My main issue with WvW seasons is that they encourage bandwagoning and lead to guilds and servers dying.

Look at HOD... they were kings of silver league and are now sliding down to T5, who knows where they'll stop? It was very hard for guilds to recruit during seasons due to the increased transfer costs and the 2-matchup lockout they implemented. Some guilds got stuck in a league they didn't want to be in and had 9 weeks of nothing formidable to fight.

It's getting harder and harder for our guild to get 20+ players on, 9 months ago we had some days we would almost reach 40. There's less and less guild-groups to fight which leads to less interest from our guild. We have literally fought the same 4 or 5 guilds for the past 6 months. All the others have quit the game or dissolved into the aforementioned 4 or 5 guilds (and ours)

My disappointment is just in that there's so much more potential to WvW (and sPvP) that ANet refuses to recognize. No other MMO comes close to GW2 in terms of combat, so it sucks to see people losing interest in the game since it's so stagnant in regards to WvW and sPvP.

Either way, it's a no-sub game so hopefully they will add more to these in the future and get some of their player base back.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Server transferring is a difficult issue, your server drops as guilds transfer off while other servers pass you by or on the other side of the coin your server rockets up the ladder due to transfer on to it. I'm not sure how they can tackle the problem as it happens outside of seasons too. Maybe tying sides to something other than the server you're on.

A new game mode for guild vs guild players is an obvious solution, who knows if they'd devote resources to such a small percentage of wvw players though.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Maguuma has great WvW activity and you can have tons of fun with the goon guilds, which you wouldn't be able to have if you weren't on Maguuma!

During season 2 Magumma earned more points than any server we matched with from player kills each round, being on Maguum is really fun if you like to fight things.

SFD does a weekly wvw event and occasionally we make a Dentalfort and defend it until we all die. Last time we defended it for 3-4 hours with all walls and gates broken against Dragonbrand until it got really late and we abandoned it to sleep.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

SFD does a weekly wvw event and occasionally we make a Dentalfort and defend it until we all die. Last time we defended it for 3-4 hours with all walls and gates broken against Dragonbrand until it got really late and we abandoned it to sleep.

That was so much goddamn fun, we should do that again sometime. Gives us a good excuse to hit up a borderlands for a change.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

Visidan posted:

Server transferring is a difficult issue, your server drops as guilds transfer off while other servers pass you by or on the other side of the coin your server rockets up the ladder due to transfer on to it. I'm not sure how they can tackle the problem as it happens outside of seasons too. Maybe tying sides to something other than the server you're on.

A new game mode for guild vs guild players is an obvious solution, who knows if they'd devote resources to such a small percentage of wvw players though.

Making Obsidian Sanctum into an EOTM-esque overflow system would go a long way. As it stands now the tiers are pretty stagnant (at least t1 and t2 where most of the active guilds are these days). Making it like EOTM would open up a lot more possible GvGs and it's a pretty simple solution I think.

I just think it's a shame ANet didn't recognize the potential for GvGs. The fact that guilds took it upon themselves to organize and practically invent the game mode should have triggered something with the devs. I mean, there's been GvGs with nearly 2,000 viewers on twitch (not much for most games but considering GW2 usually hovers around 200 viewers total it's pretty significant)

It may be a small community at this point but it's a fraction of what it once was and a fraction of what it could have been with a little more support from ANet.

Anyway, I'm done whining about it and will continue spamming 1 and collecting loots until there's nobody left to fight.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

rap music posted:

I tend to appreciate what ANet has given us rather than what they haven't, even if "all the changes they've made have been failures." I guess I'm just dumb! :yayclod:

It's cool how much stuff they're still putting out but the game would really benefit greatly from a larger development team so they wouldn't have to spread their efforts so much, even if it was just long enough to fix most of the more common complaints about each game mode.

Visidan posted:

Maybe tying sides to something other than the server you're on.

Luxon / Kurzick guild affiliation territory battle mode :angel:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

It's cool how much stuff they're still putting out but the game would really benefit greatly from a larger development team so they wouldn't have to spread their efforts so much, even if it was just long enough to fix most of the more common complaints about each game mode.

People have pointed out every now and then that Anet has posted a ton of jobs since the game came out, this makes me think that they're just not telling us what a ton of devs are working on, so Cantha confirmed.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

weinus posted:

Making it like EOTM

I like this idea since EoTM and megaservers rule.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Luxon / Kurzick guild affiliation territory battle mode :angel:

gently caress kurzicks.

Myrmidongs
Oct 26, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

People have pointed out every now and then that Anet has posted a ton of jobs since the game came out, this makes me think that they're just not telling us what a ton of devs are working on, so Cantha confirmed.

Also tengu

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Visidan posted:

gently caress kurzicks.

Them be fighting words.

SFD splits over Kuzick/Luxon guild allegience. The great SFD World War - The War to End all Wars

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

UchihaHirou posted:

Them be fighting words.

SFD splits over Kuzick/Luxon guild allegience. The great SFD World War - The War to End all Wars

gently caress kurzicks

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

UchihaHirou posted:

Them be fighting words.

gently caress kurzicks.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress kurzicks.

I think it surprises no one that you would pick the side with turtles.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Go sit in your treehouse and write some more poetry with your goth friends, nerd.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress kurzicks.

gently caress luxons :wink:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

gently caress luxons :wink:

Kurzick and Luxon will be the new Montague and Capulet, with us involved :allears:

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

I'm with the centaurs. gently caress everyone.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

jaegerx posted:

I'm with the centaurs. gently caress everyone.

Are you Mercutio?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Kurdicks. I remember thinking that was hilarious five years ago.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Erdricks posted:

Is anyone interested in trading gw1 stuff for gw2 stuff? I'm working on HoM right now and need gold, z-keys, undedicated minis, hero armor, etc... Pretty much anything valuable. I have buckets of gw2 gold, mats, and other collectibles to give in exchange.

I have a bunch of birthday presents, and should be able to get you the sand worm hero armor pretty easily if you need them. Maybe even the armor from fighting mursaat, whatever that is.

I also have a bunch of those items you need for gwens birthday party, which drops the third kind of hero armor randomly. Also I'd recommend running alts through war in kryta and selling the royal gifts, that was how I paid for most of my HoM. Granted the market may be bare now.

Just message Diego Shamiano in game, whenever I'm on.

Edit: Luxon by far. The only interesting area in Cantha, and huge kickass turtles! What's not to love?

Sprite141 fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jun 20, 2014

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

everybody posted:

Luxon / Kurzick

The hell is this

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

http://seemslegit.dk/precursors/

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I always assume if WvW is dead at any given moment, it's from a lack of me. Also if you are doing WvW and not following Xushin or a goon commander around, you are doing it wrong. If you do not bring an endless mystery tonic along to turn into trees to disguise yourself from stupid zergs, you're doing it wrong. If you aren't being yelled at by tryhards and threatened with reports to ANet for not playing exactly how they want you to play and somehow being the sole reason Maguuma is not in the lead, you are doing it wrooooooooooong.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

MooCowlian posted:

Kurdicks. I remember thinking that was hilarious five years ago.

Confirmed for Suxon :colbert:

e.
totally seems legit.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Awesome.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

That's certainly a thing I can click with my mouse cursor alright.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Lonk posted:

if you are doing WvW and not following Xushin or a goon commander around, you are doing it wrong.

I'm always solo roaming in wvw, please forgive me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Impressive. This turned me into a better Guild Wars 2 player.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

I might steal my account back from Mux to play this again.

*not really

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

In related news, all I need for Bolt is a Zap.

ARE YA READY FOR A MIRACLE

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Turncoat Mommy posted:

I'm always solo roaming in wvw, please forgive me.
You're playing the game wrong, reported to ANet.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I didn't get far enough into Factions to find out about Kurzics and Luxons, so I vote that everybody just does their best to sell me on one or the other and we'll make the decision that way.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
That miracle site lagged my loving browser
Knock off the loving addchild commands you fuckers!

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I didn't get far enough into Factions to find out about Kurzics and Luxons, so I vote that everybody just does their best to sell me on one or the other and we'll make the decision that way.

If you think of it as 'goths vs hippies' there's no clear winner but I prefer forest to ocean so go team kurzick.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Guest2553 posted:

If you think of it as 'goths vs hippies' there's no clear winner but I prefer forest to ocean so go team kurzick.

Yeah this. Also, Mesmer Elite Kurzick Armor.

Also, also, why the gently caress isn't the armor on the right available yet, Anet?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Also, also, why the gently caress isn't the armor on the right available yet, Anet?

There are some mysteries humanity was not meant to know. Like why anet leaves free money/player good will on the table by not giving players access to assets already in the game and designed for the same models players have access to, presumably with the intent that players would be able to wear them. Though they'd probably release them as worthless tonics.

Also Luxons had the better zones but Kurzicks had the better armor, so Kurzicks win. I think the Kurzicks really only lost on elementalists, and even then only barely. Man, anet did such a good job on armor in GW1. Nothing in GW2 is comparable to it. What happened to their armor and costume designers?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

GW1 had a handful of decently designed sets, SE heavy armour in GW2 is worth more than all of those combined. You're nuts.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have passes for Wildstar, for anyone that wants to try it, its pretty much GW2 on steroids.

There is a thread for them, but I figured I'd give my GW2 fellows first dibs if they are interested, just toss me a PM.

Also a 25% off for GW2 itself, so if anyone's lurking and on the fence, PM, me I'll toss you the code since I obviously don't need it.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jun 20, 2014

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Wildstar is a WoW-like with a few modern tweaks, it's not particularly like GW2 at all. It does have evil furry Asuran/Goblins though.

CLAM DOWN posted:

GW1 had a handful of decently designed sets, SE heavy armour in GW2 is worth more than all of those combined. You're nuts.

This guy is a big fan of GW2 armour, even has two sets of flame armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Wildstar is so far from GW2 it's not even worth comparing, it's basically vanilla WoW with anime bunnies.

Also Cletus how loving dare you.

• Locked thread