Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Nice K/D, not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The skill ceiling is literally 'can you hit buttons', sometimes broken up by 'run into corner'.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Roflex posted:

I've been trying to get up there for a year.
Somebody repost the LA conquered by SFD banners.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

In honour of the end of Lion's Arch, I added a new shield to my collection:

Also this wouldn't be happening if you fucks didn't elect Kiel, long live Gnashblade.
Shield_excuses.txt

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

I guested onto TC because I assumed it would have CoE open (it did), then after the dungeon I used my DR 1%er pass not realizing I was still on TC. First thing I saw in the chat was a charr RPing with his ranger pet:

:stare:
Surely a complete and total accident.

Yea, nope.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Heart of the Mists truly is a place for love.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I don't really care for the outfit, but Arus constantly mistakes my legs for purple pants until he remembers I am a plant and gets very angry. I consider it a net gain in the end.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i like these shoes
Final boss of season two of the living story right here.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Guild Wars 2 is a game about regret.

Regret for not having enough armor skins.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I LOST ALL THE AUDIO, gently caress HOLANDER

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The timer is synced up to the schedule, as have all the new/refurbished timers that have come out.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

quite the fucker posted:

megaservers need to be numbered or something so there's some loving way to distinguish and talk about them
I think you are missing the point here.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Make your idea on a build calculator and I can fine tune it for esports or something.

Just from your description, things you might run into issues with:

• You won't have much going for you defensively so unless the team is on the ball with peels you'll be just a dead mesmer as soon as you get targetted.
  • You'll have zero condi clear. Spvp is currently pretty condi heavy. I guess you'll have mender's purity but your lack of kiting ability will make it not enough.
  • You probably won't run portal and portal is seriously the best thing mesmers can bring. If you do run portal then no condi clear or no stun break, both is really bad.
  • You're using scepter on a power build or you're running double sword on a condi build.
  • No deceptive evasion so no shatter ammo.
  • Probably other things, idk.
You forgot the lack of welfare soldier runes.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

what does it matter if the new trait system is bad? the game is dead
The OP has even been updated once this month, we might as well all just uninstall at this point.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Hey Arus.

code:
                         .----.   @   @
                        / .-"-.`.  \v/
                        | | '\ \ \_/ )
                      ,-\ `-.' /.'  /
                     '---`----'----'
Anyways megaservers are still making guild missions hella weird.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thanks to Lord Commander Priest Father Mobius, Goshawk and Arus finally tied the knot in a quiet ceremony in DR's 1% area.

May all goons recognize this man/bird union.
The rest of the world doesn't recognize the ceremonies of the 1% zone.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Well maybe you should PvP with me sometime!!!
Arus simply coming online broke a 10 game winning streak for us once. Don't trust this whale of a man.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

"O, beware, my lord of jealousy;
It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock
The meat it feeds on; that cuckold lives in bliss,
Who, certain of his fate, loves not his wronger;
But, O, what damned minutes tells he o'er,
Who dotes, yet doubts, suspects, yet strongly loves!"

-Arusthello, Moor of Venison

Audiobook version

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

I am a man of many things :allears:
Weight, primarily.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Catchphrase ain't got poo poo on this player.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I hope Arus misses all the sweet launch hour bugs that let us make several hundred gold again.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've gotta say, I really like that you can kill the Jubilee bosses with just three or four people. It makes getting the achievements in off-peak a lot easier, and they're pretty simple fights when they're not scaled to high heaven.
It is too bad few instances do the math and understand that one or two parties on each boss right away is far more useful than a immediate or gathering blob.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Yeah, the really spergy dudes are mostly from the new patch and reward tracks. There was like 2 or 3 really angry dudes in spvp and everyone knew their names before the patch. The point is that it's actually the pve'rs who are awful people.
Tarnished Coasters literal worst people ever.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

The endgame is once again confirmed to be skins.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hey, guy who said the female Ancestral Outfit looks like crap, look how pretty my princess is :colbert:

The real problem is just that outfits are an extremely lazy system as opposed to armor pieces.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Goon Squawk, finest refugee camp of the Great Asura Purge of Forever.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

ItBurns posted:

Sattellite? To what? Space travel hasn't been invented yet, please stick to cannon or I will see to it that you spend the rest of you're time in exile.
Humanity came from space!

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you think guardian meditations are terrible, you either have a bad build or just suck in general. They're amazing and the best guardian build.
How about you get your [&AgHodwAA] before you start running your mouth with questionable advice.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Alteisen posted:

Not saying it is a big deal and I don't need advice as a ranger in dungeons, I'm just saying that's why people stacked, to just flat out not deal with the poison because of how much she throw it out and the insane damage ticks it does.

That's all.

Look at any dungeon we run with any regularity, look at the sheer amount of things we skip, because they're lovely and annoying to deal with. That to me is bad design, as a developer I would try to discover first why exploit/skip/glitch past stuff before fixing it.
Maybe they will just make it so dungeons kill you just for being near the entrance.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

NapoleonAtWaterloo posted:

All these outfits are so boring it hurts.
Especially 3 and 10.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

Agreed, but it shouldn't even be an argument, because it's loving insane that certain people don't think there are any effective builds outside berserker. And it's even more insane that I'm literally being poo poo on for encouraging new players to try different stats to find the most fun one.
There are other stats than zerker?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

tirinal posted:

I don't know. I think you're reading more vitriol into what I wrote than there is.

I'm just tired. I spent three hours of my evening in a fractal with people who could have been carbon copies of cletus. I assume they were having more fun playing that way, but I wasn't. Sometimes it really is zero-sum.

In group content, we all force our playstyles onto other people. And while I don't care if hotw is 10 minutes longer or shorter as long as I can run it with cool people, in other content there should be some degree of self-awareness.

Play how you like, as long as the people you're with are okay with it. If they don't like it, find other people.

I just think it takes a certain degree of arrogance to assume it is other people's job to accommodate your playstyle if it gets in the way of theirs, and still more to preach it.

A well-played zerker does not diminish anyone else's enjoyment of the game. A well-played pvt could. Sometimes it's by 5 minutes and nobody gives a poo poo. Sometimes it's by 3 hours because of 3 out of 5 people wearing healing power.

Someone in pvt doesn't care how a partymember in zerkers plays, but the reverse is not always true. Why assume it is.
The only thing being diminished here is my ability to give a drat about what you are spewing.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Berserker is the most effective stat set in PVE but everybody should play what they enjoy. Bold bold bold. Does that loving sum it up jesus christ
Notarize it and fax me a copy please.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

Speaking of pretty, there's a skillpoint in Orr that makes you glow, I got it while exploring on my engineer yesterday:

I am requesting a refund on your behalf for that god awful outfit and your terrible dyes.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Sedisp posted:

So I've talked to a couple of other goons who don't play this game anymore and while they assure me this game is crap I'm super tempted to buy into it. The only thing I really care about is WvW and the idea of being able to do that without a lovely level gear grind is really awesome. I was told that this game has one of the worst gear grinds of any mmo.

Didn't get a lot of specifics so I wanted to know if anything was changed since the OP or if it's just bitter vets.
Trust me it is okayish to fun and you should buy it. A much better purchase than more Station Cash I assure you.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Sareed ignore all this bad advice and just look for the shoes that most expose that which you love.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

thanks crown pavilion :buddy:
Much cooler than that one dumb legendary, whatever it was called.

fake edit: Oh yea, Moot, that is the dumb one.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

I guess updating the OP isn't the only thing you are incapable of doing. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbNadSFHpw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

CLAM DOWN posted:

The DR 1% area is full of scrubs now and I might have to move to the airship because I can't associate with that trash.
But Arussssssssssssss

• Locked thread