Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

first

e: I cannot overstate how beautiful and perfect the GOON description is

e2: I like this thread tag!!

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

welp

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

MooCowlian posted:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates

There's the wiki page rather than the answer to your question. Just load it up and play, we don't have any answers. It's a great game though, give it another try.

Bless you and your earnestness.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

gandlethorpe posted:

With a new thread I can announce my glorious resurrection and triumphant return to GW2.

Balut is Filipino, Arus you fat racist.

Took you long enough, were all the MMO HMO waypoints contested?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I disagree. :colbert:

Not Pictured: My actual princess wand.

Carebear Castle spotted

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

long live gooncart

this would have been more impressive if you guys weren't all gryphons god

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yes yes, we're all aware that the dental hygiene mafia keeps Lion's Arch posed beneath its drills. Let us enjoy our little gryphon-driven cart, our tiny oasis in this orthodontic wasteland.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

For anyone who thinks I just made up the tagline in the OP about Goon Squad:

I think it's a cry for help.

My official officer role in GS is as the Wutta translator, and he's saying "Please remind the thread that while all goons are welcome to Goon Squad regardless of home server, they're expected to be courteous and friendly. Racism, sexism, and general unpleasantness is grounds for removal."

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Eat my (Fire) damage type. Phoenix Bird supremacy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Back during ~*Boss Week*~ Tacitus and I met a gentleman who was really mad about the banners. REALLY. MAD. Just SO drat MAD. He COULDN'T GET INTO THE BANK. Because there were SO MANY BANNERS. HE COULDN'T COPE. And whomever was posting those banners was GIVING SFD A BAD REPUTATION. Like, he knew that it was JUST ONE GUY and not THE WHOLE GUILD but the guild reputation was BEING TARNISHED.

I feared him into a bunch of fish heads, it was a great night

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ItBurns posted:

D/D is really good for bosses. I'd take signet of malice for a heal and signet of agility over assassin's signet though.

As far as surviving goes, you really just have to dodge. I usually only die if I get one-shot, so valkyrie only helps if I can get my HP over that point. Taking only a few valkyrie pieces also doesn't make much sense because you lose so much damage with HK over executioner. With all berserker you can easily hit 90-100% crit, so hedging your bets and trying to do both doesn't really work.

I don't agree with SoM -- outside of daggerstorming I find it the least versatile of the heals. SoA though, absolutely. I actually swap out AS for SoA, Shadowstep or BP depending on the situation. If you're on your toes with dodging and movement you can definitely go full zerk, but I spend a lot of time in dungeons (a) drunk and/or (b) reviving downed goons, so I personally prefer the HP buffer.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

malhavok posted:

SoM is great if you are going for a signet build. You can lower the cooldown and use it for might stacks, etc.

Gotcha! I've never traited signets since SoS and AS are just for their passives, so that never occurred to me. Thanks! :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I loved pretty much all of the GW1 lore including Shiro. :colbert: Though that's mostly just because his ~*scream*~ created the two best zones in Factions and something something Tengu.

I'm sure a lot of it is rose-tinted glasses but if/when they bring up the Dragon Emperor, Palawa Joko, the Mursaat, anything like that in GW2 I am loving sold. I'm still bitter that the Abaddon fractal didn't happen.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

I'm thinking about switching over to this after playing WoW and getting supremely bored with it but I have a question: what's the thing about not having any threat/aggro mechanic? From what I googled, this means MOST enemies just attack whoever is closest to them-- is that accurate?

It's some arcane combination of proximity, damage dealt, and toughness level that determines who a mob sticks to. Anet's really coy about explaining exact threat mechanics anything.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please shut the gently caress up. That video was directly related to your complaints about being kicked from GS for being creepy and horrible, and your very careful wording doesn't change the fact that you uploaded it the day after you were kicked and I foolishly spent some time in mumble with you trying to politely explain how you had been alienating people.

You spent a full hour telling me that Goon Squad was going down a slippery slope because if we all banded together to kick somebody we've set a precedent where anybody can be kicked by group consensus. Not once did you pause to consider you were kicked because you're a horrible creepy attenion-whoring douchebag and everybody is uncomfortable around you.

I might be probated for this but it's worth it UGH.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

In before I eat my probation, Louis you are a real American hero

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Sprite141 posted:

Thieves are getting a bit of rework, which is cool as it'll get more people out of stealth and into kickass combat I enjoy on my thief.

Yeah, I quite like the Thief changes -- but I'm likely in the minority since I don't WvW (unless Jerkjerk is whining at me to command :argh: ) and now that I have Champion Shadow I'll never sPvP on my Thief again.

pve fo lyf

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Delacroix posted:

I would like to remind people that permanent charged potions will run you 86c. If you don't have a kite and a charged potion in goon squad, then shame on you. :colbert:

If you're a Goon Squad officer and don't have a permanent Plush Griffon tonic, shame on you. It's even in our GMotD.

Forgall posted:

How do you figure? I pretty much pve only as well, and that Opportunist nerf seems pretty big to me.

I'm assuming that the passive regen buff balances it out. Since I play Backstab, one of the bigger changes here (gaining 2 initiative on stealthing, not when stealth is gained) won't affect me in PvE. These changes, at a glance, seem to straight-up suck for literally every other version of Thief but gently caress you got mine!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

daspope posted:

You are assuming wrong. That Opportunist nerf is huge.

And again. If they balance out, what in the gently caress was the point of changing them in the first place?

Because they don't want people to specifically have to trait for initiative and also because ArenaNet.

I'm not a very math-y person, I'm sure you're right that it's a nerf. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

^ Both 2 and 3 have an underwater final boss, I have a feeling after you try those paths you'll be sticking with path 1. :D ^

Forgall posted:

I like to wade into a bunch of enemies and spam pistol whip, and in this situation Opportunist might as well be one initiative per second flat, so that's pretty much 80% nerf to it.

Ahhh yeah. I run Hidden Killer and only have 40% crit baseline, so I haven't noticed the Opportunist gains as clearly. My initiative regen is mainly Infusion of Shadow and the several-second autoattack chain while I wait for Revealed to fall.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BathroomTile posted:

I was going to say exactly this.

Edit: Can't wait until they make a living story that features dubbuttstep.

Buttnectar.

Also if anybody thinks Tile is being ironic in wanting official Guild Wars 2 dubstep I assure you he is not.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Nov 5, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ShadowMar posted:

Hey guys, I fixed the trailer for ANet! I think you'll find it's definitely an improvement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBB8BjlWkA

Just gonna go ahead and give this the 2013 Peoples' Choice Award

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

Oh my god I won't be home until like 6 pacific, wait for me??

You can have any dyes that I win (that Goshawk already knows).

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Free Arus.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Arus I'm sending you a present to celebrate your freedom I hope you like it

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Please, everybody knows you can't smuggle him things inside cakes :/

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:siren: Hello, Goon Squad Goons! :siren:

I'm here to remind you that if you live in a region affected by Daylight Savings Time, tonight's Guild Missions will begin an hour earlier than usual for you!! Future Guild Missions, too! If you show up an hour late to guild missions tonight and ask when they're starting I will scream in real life and Wutta will probably gkick you!!!*

*you will be invited back but not before everybody points and laughs at how you can't read the GMotD!

Happy Saturday everybody!!

this public service announcement brought to you by a literal bird.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Your off-center gang tag drives me irrationally crazy when it's right below mine. :mad:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

If you want to make ascended weapons for stat increases alone it's totally not worth it. If you just want them because you want them though go for it dude. I spent about 200 gold Sunday, got both weaponsmithing and huntsman to 500, and made myself an ascended dagger and ascended shortbow. It's pretty painless.

It'll take several days if you are sensible and craft your time gated materials, but if you buy spiritwood and Deldrimor poo poo it takes like 2 hours and only costs like 25g more per weapon.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Digital_Jesus posted:

Dungeons are fun but nobody ever wants to run them you jerks.

I'd like to take this moment to thank Wutta, Tricks, Nikols and Guilermo for the bitchinest CM run ever last night. It was a beautiful ridiculous trainwreck and the most fun I've had in this game for months. VICTORIA'S UP WHO GIVES A gently caress PULL HER AND THE TRASH

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you want to win at WvW and incite pubbies into a frothing rage by just showing up not actually doing anything, join SFD.

This has to be the only MMO where GOON is considered "good guys."

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

another bird finisher YESSSSS

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

I like this update

I'm embarrassed that I recognized Mono, Kes and Aiyyi instantly from their portraits.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Schpyder posted:

Kes isn't in there. Ghostpilot/Kanigher is, along with... Curtis Jenkins?

I always mix those two up :argh: that's right, Kes is an asura, isn't he?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ghostpilot posted:

Guess you didn't know us as well as you thought, huh, mister? :colbert:

Guess you don't know me as well as you thought, huh, mister? :colbert:

I'm a girl.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So trying to join Goonsquad, as I can't figure out how to actually apply for SFD too, and it tells me to make a new post but being a member I can't make any post. Oh sad day :/

I'm not sure if the second part of your post was about GS or SFD but you've been authed/invited to Goon Squad already. :) You can, of course, be in both!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

UchihaHirou posted:

Edit: Any pictures of the trikey chest mini?

Dulfy has pictures of the actual mini and for size comparison it's as tall as the average Asura. Reaches my human's hip. I'd take a picture but I'm about to leave for class. :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Incinerator? :sun:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

bamhand posted:

Is there a thing I have to do to get an invite to the goon guild?

Post a thread at gw2goons.org and you'll get an invite in no time :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm the prettiest thief princess. :3:

Pictured: in the Goshawk's natural habitat of Lion's Arch.
Not pictured: pair of cool + cute Whispers boots.

• Locked thread