Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Please add Gand's AHK songs to the OP in memoriam.

Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kazoo posted:

Oh before I forget you can all oggle the prettiest princess in the game:

I disagree. :colbert:

Not Pictured: My actual princess wand.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Carebear Castle spotted

Please don't give out my secret name change. I would've posted my princess shot sooner but I spent like 30 minutes trying to get into Cat Cave but I couldn't make the drat jump.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=3x4weajfqm0&p=n

Please don't forget to listen to the official Living Story song while playing in the tower. Thank you.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

rap music posted:

Welp, guess it's time to buy another character slot.

e:

Looks like ANet is finally getting around to updating Fractals on 11/26.

Fractal level reset to 30. Come the hell on. Seriously? :wtc: at least they'll be account wide(?) so I can finally bother putting infusions in my alts trinkets/rings.

Raziel 0128 posted:

I wish the lack of Dredge and Harpy in the trailer means they're gone forever god they're awful at 48 (they'll still be in and it'll be some silly reason like "We couldn't include them in the trailer for reasons"). Hell, the chance of me getting dredge third now is 100% if a 'hard'(bullshit) fractal like dredge is now weighted third it's going to suck. Colossus is mostly fine I like that one.

I have two level 49s so the reset is unnecessary but at least levels are now account-wide. There was no mention of fractal weapons using an exchange or ticket system either. It's been a year I still have everything but the fractal daggers. A year of fractals. :argh:

I may be damaged but I'm starting to prefer dredge to colossus. There's a neat loot wagon that just shits out gold, once you sacrifice two or more of your party members to open a door and pray you don't get bomb and get past all that pain. Magic find food that poo poo and drown in shards and bags. I seem to get about 45-50 bags alone from that. Not to mention the blues/greens/rares.

As for Fractal weapons; ask me about my less than 200 runs of weapon granting levels and my bank tab of Fractal weapons. Some are really really gorgeous (sword :swoon:) others are ugly as sin (staff, trident, warhorn). So lucky.

Another exchange I could go for is rings. At least let me mystic toilet the fuckers and save some bank space and hope for a good stat combo.

I have a problem.

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 19, 2013

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Call of Cholula posted:

That's a really cool trailer. I want whoever did that to redo the end of the Tower of Nightmares. Also, retcon Scarlet into Riot Alice. Riot Alice is a cool name and she deserves a bigger part.

I actually like Fractals, but I think its mostly because I'm only Fractal level 8 or something. I feel like I did a lot of them, but mostly at a low level because I was never high enough to play with the big boys before the change. Is the Harpy one really that bad at higher levels? I loved it.

Above 10 the harpies start to knock back and you really, really want multiple sources of reflection, stability, or projectile absorption. These are skills you want period above level 10 (20+ really is where poo poo starts getting serious). So many devastating attacks can be nullified with these skills which is why guardians and mesmers are drat near a requirement past 20. You can't go wrong with one of The LORD'S Chosen classes. Other classes will struggle for lack of stability, or reflection, or survivability. Ascalonian warriors pound my warrior for 17k damage at fotm40. The mages have insane aoe with little to no tell. Swapping from berzerkers to soldiers gear has no effect, if you mess up you still die a terrible terrible death.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Good job playtesting the forced story mode of the thaumanova fractal anet :downs:

You died? Return to waypoin- wait. There isn't one.

edit: Maybe they should stop with the living story, it's been pretty awful for at least the past 2-3 iterations.

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Nov 26, 2013

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

dromer posted:

Short guide for the story fractal as I understand it, other goons feel free to correct me:

Wait for the side of the wall to explode, go upstairs and marvel at the portals that pop out of nowhere and kill you. Kill the mobs and go where the markers say until they talk about shutting down the core. At that point you have to complete the chambers:

Slime Chamber: The slime boss is pretty bog standard, with the exception that hitting it while it's blocking will cause a massive AoE attack. In addition, it'll spawn little slimes that walk towards the boss. Kill those because they heal it.

Heat Chamber: You need a cooling rod or something from Spark Gun chamber to get to the core without dying (I think? NapoleonAtWaterloo did it somehow and I'm not sure how).

Spark Gun Chamber: On the left and right side of the maze there is a console. You need one person to activate each of those consoles at the same time to put down the shield to the panel in the center (where the gear icon is). Two people need to be at the shield when it goes down (it's down for like three seconds after both sides activate their panel. Those two people activate the panels on each side of the big circle thingy (which will immobilize you). Then, use the center panel to teleport back.

Walk back, marvel at Scarlet, then use the panel to go to the boss.

The boss' gimmick is that he removes the hexes of the grid that you're standing on so that you fall. Falling is bad. Don't box yourself in because one of his attacks will tag you so that the hexes you walk on disappear. Just keep running in a circle around him and you should be relatively fine. Meleeing him is generally a bad idea

When I did it with Gand and Maths we somehow didn't even do the heat chamber. I put one rod in, then we did sparkroom and apparently that's good enough. Although you get a second rod from sparkroom. :shrug:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

The only thing that will float above my head is a Gnashblade token, as you fucks voting for Kiel destroyed Lion's Arch and doomed us all.

Says the Kiel voter :colbert:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The Gem Suicide Pact members become destitute and receive 9 scraps and 10,000 swim boosters for their efforts.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Gourd of Taste posted:

The other day I tried to get back to screaming wall, but without wutta I couldn't get out of the pvp lake

Several pages late but if hobb is around I'm pretty sure he knows how to reach the various screaming areas. I can kinda do it but it takes a bit.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Remake as minimum height max weight norn. You're welcome.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Maybe you should update the OP so gand can know the best ways to minmax!!!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

klockwerk posted:

Sorry folks, nothing can possibly top this.

Hipsters have come to Tyria.

:c00lbert:

I'm still waiting for metal hotpants or at the very least pants that don't suck.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

All this HoM talk makes me want to get my last 2 HOM points to 30, but I've exhausted most of the easy things.

I just wanted my Black Widow Spider back :smith:

fakedit: Oh hey, 7th birthday presents on my GW1 characters. :unsmith:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Basically the only thing that doesn't really work in PVE are conditions because they will be overwritten constantly. Berserker tends to be fastest because of how the game works but it's not the only thing that works. You could beat dungeons in whites if you know how to play.

SFD npc armor dungeon night?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

tirinal posted:

I agree. Nobody should force their playstyle onto other people.

I was in a fractal 49 yesterday with an ele in clerics and a ranger in pvt before we finally figured it out on fractal 3 and kicked them. I had enough time for 3 timewarps on Mossman and the whole thing took almost 3 hours. I didn't quit because it was still faster than finding a new group and starting over. Kes and I were in a fractal 50 the day before that with an unload thief and some other retardation I forget, which made us wipe to fire shaman about 4 times.

If you exclusively run SFD groups, or if you announce your gear and tell every group how you will force your playstyle onto them and they say "sure", I assure you I don't care in the least how you enjoy your game. But you feeling persecuted because other people have preferences in group-based content is ridiculous.

Your proselytizing is tiring however, since people on a message board don't need your help knowing what's personally fun for them but are presumably here to actually learn about the game.

maybe you should go play wow so you can stare at dps meters and pop a blood vessel over 2% less dps causing you to take 60 seconds longer on a trash group

edit: maybe if you had friends you wouldn't have to pug your elite level fractals

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jun 10, 2014

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

This, except you forgot to add I'm in love with a bird now.

Picture related

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dreggon posted:

Fellow naked norn buddy!

I like the pink quaggan hat and the backpack, but the shoulders aren't tacky enough. For boots try Grasping Dead Greaves, they're the Arah ones and they show off the entire back of your calf. With straps.

I know you can't wait to look like this:

Both of you need to get on my level. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I wish this CLAM DOWN character would bother to keep the OP updated!!!

tvayisnihyaami posted:

I just came back from a year break. Can someone explain me how mega server works? I heard that all servers were merged or something like that. I logged in yesterday and even low level zones were highly populated.

Basically every zone is like an overflow in that people from multiple servers are funneled into it. The servers still exist and matter for things like WvW and guilds. The wiki probably describes it better than I can:

quote:

When players enter a zone, they are placed into the same instance as everyone else, until the game determines that the map is getting full, at which point it creates a new instance. When there are multiple versions of the map, the game attempts to put you in the same map alongside your friends, guildies, and members of the same world; in the EU, priority is also given to those using the same supported language, i.e. English, French, German, or Spanish.

If you find yourself on a different version of the map from the members of your party, you can right-click their name or portrait in the party UI and choose Join In [zone name]. If the map is full, you can keep trying until you succeed, as there are always people entering and leaving each instance.

• Locked thread