Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«125 »
um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Some quick research indicates that Connecticut is (likely) the only state that allows suppressors and also has an assault weapons statute that forbids pistols from having threaded barrels. Every other state that has those type of assault weapons laws (e.g. California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, etc.) already ban suppressors.

Nailed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonious
Jul 15, 2005

Guardian. Bobtail Commander in .38 Super. Because 9mm or .45 would have been far too practical.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Thelonious posted:

Guardian. Bobtail Commander in .38 Super. Because 9mm or .45 would have been far too practical.

On the plus side, if you ever send someone out with a shopping list that includes ammo, there's a 69% chance that you'll get 38 special. Nice.

A Real Hologram
Jun 22, 2018

Moo!

Just received some McCormick 10 round power mags and Iím really impressed with them so far. Iíve been a big fan of the Wilson 8 rounders for over 15 years ó it will take me a lot to completely convert over in terms of nightstand duty but range testing and reliability are perfect so far.

a reliable 10+1 1911 package is compelling. Bonus: Mag reloads are easier because the base plate is easier to seat. Spring feels really strong. Time will tell....

$35 shipped off EBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/182123699547

DeesGrandpa
Oct 21, 2009

Thelonious posted:

Neato. I dig 38 super and I really think DW is just about the best value in 1911s.

Thelonious
Jul 15, 2005

AHHHH. My FFL failed to tell me he was leaving for two weeks of National Guard training this Saturday. The aforementioned Dan Wesson shipped today.

Barring a fedex miracle, I'm relatively certain my new gun is gonna be in gun jail for a couple weeks.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Finally got some pics of my CMP 1911. Ithaca slide on a Colt frame from a 1918 Army contract. Ogden re-arsenal, no date on that. The slide is pretty blasted from being re-parked, but the frame isn't too bad aside from handling scratches. Whoever did the re-arsenal and maintenance knew their business, no rattle whatsoever.

It hits a bit high with bulk pack at 15 yds, but I'm starting to understand why people Stan these guns. Very easy to shoot well.

I didn't want to risk cracking the bakelite grips, so off to ebay we go.

I have a Colt hard slide and NM barrel in my parts box, I'm thinking about having a smith put them together with whatever parked small parts I can find so as to avoid wear on the original slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Hah neat! That's almost identical to the random M1911 I found at a store last year, except mine has a RemRand slide. Glad it shoots well for you!

«125 »