Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is Jarvis going to be played by Paul Bettany?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Klungar posted:

Is Jarvis going to be played by Paul Bettany?

No, but he's playing Vision in Age of Ultron.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The_Doctor posted:

Oh please, a villain announced like this means the real big bad will emerge about half way through the season.

It'll be a leftover Ultron, except instead of James Spader his voice will be Michael Shanks. :v:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I actually do wonder if the Iron Legion will start appearing halfway through the season or so, given what we've been told about Age of Ultron.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Metal Loaf posted:

It'll be a leftover Ultron, except instead of James Spader his voice will be Michael Shanks. :v:

This would be amazing. It would also require the leftover Ultron to die and come back repeatedly.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Agents are becoming part of the regular Marvel universe: http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/27/22976/sdcc_2014_shield.

Fitz gets his monkey at last!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I wonder if Ward is still going to be a traitor, and if they're also going to make a 616 Garrett.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The best quote there is when he says that there's more room in an on going comic series to really explore the team in-depth compared to a TV show.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the average comic would barely cover 30 minutes of run time and they are released monthly, so basically that's a load of horse poo poo to excuse the shows shoddy character development.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

PriorMarcus posted:

The best quote there is when he says that there's more room in an on going comic series to really explore the team in-depth compared to a TV show.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the average comic would barely cover 30 minutes of run time and they are released monthly, so basically that's a load of horse poo poo to excuse the shows shoddy character development.

I think it was less about covering for the show than pumping up their own book, but the amount of content per month point is well made.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

PunkBoy posted:

I wonder if Ward is still going to be a traitor, and if they're also going to make a 616 Garrett.

There's already a 616 John Garret.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

PriorMarcus posted:

And ongoing comic is not limited by episode orders like a TV show, and characters who appear in ongoing books will often appear in other books, and sometimes get spun off into one shots and mini-series, assuming things are going well. So in some ways there is more potential than what a primetime TV show could give. You can have a whole story arc devoted to flash backs if you wanted, among other things.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, uh, forums poster Dan Didio?

Is S.H.I.E.L.D. gone or what? I can't tell.

It's gone, dude.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

It's gone, dude.

but is it really

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

It's really gone and I can't believe it.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Finally seen The Winter Soldier. Fury really left the scene looking like the bum he looked like in the series. The movie however suggested he called it quits, the series not so much.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Combat Pretzel posted:

Finally seen The Winter Soldier. Fury really left the scene looking like the bum he looked like in the series. The movie however suggested he called it quits, the series not so much.

I thought the movie said he was going to disappear and do secret spy stuff and help clean up the mess. He was giving up his role and life at SHIELD, but not his work in general.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Combat Pretzel posted:

The movie explicitly suggests the opposite, where he says he's going off the grid in Europe to fight Hydra.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

mikeraskol posted:

The movie explicitly suggests the opposite, where he says he's going off the grid in Europe to fight Hydra.

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was Fury that said that or Cap/Falcon or both so I left that part out.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
So Guardians is p good guys. you should see it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

I am Groot.

What's that? S.H.I.E.L.D. is in the well?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

hosed up to find out that S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone thanks to the incredibly talented writers, producers, cast and caterers of the hit ABC television show 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which is gone, wow, rip)'.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dan Didio posted:

hosed up to find out that S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone thanks to the incredibly talented writers, producers, cast and caterers of the hit ABC television show 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (which is gone, wow, rip)'.

So... you're Groot. Okay. You are Groot.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

What's that? S.H.I.E.L.D. is in the well?

There is a Shield in the Well? Why would someone put a Shield in the Well, they don't belong there.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Dexo posted:

There is a Shield in the Well? Why would someone put a Shield in the Well, they don't belong there.

probably a misguided attempt to help Ward's younger brother.

Lipset and Rock On
Jan 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

So Guardians is p good guys. you should see it.

I saw Guardians tonight as well and I endorse this message.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I wonder if we get a Guardian's "tie-in" episode.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

e X posted:

I wonder if we get a Guardian's "tie-in" episode.

We sort of already have, in the only way that would really be possible.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, pretty sure that was a Kree in that one episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Though Guardians has traditional blue Kree and then just Djimon Hounsou without make-up for some reason.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

Though Guardians has traditional blue Kree and then just Djimon Hounsou without make-up for some reason.

He's a robot man of some kind. He's not a Kree.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

He's a robot man of some kind. He's not a Kree.

The thing is that Korath IS a Kree in the comics, and nothing in the movie suggests that's changed beyond the lack of blue skin. It is rather weird.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The thing is also that many Kree in the comics don't have blue skin, so if the only thing about him that's changed in the film is that he doesn't have blue skin, that doesn't indicate him not being a Kree.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

The thing is also that many Kree in the comics don't have blue skin, so if the only thing about him that's changed in the film is that he doesn't have blue skin, that doesn't indicate him not being a Kree.

Really? Didn't know that, who are some of the non-blue Kree?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

BreakAtmo posted:

Really? Didn't know that, who are some of the non-blue Kree?

Captain Marvel, for one

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.
Mar-Vell, for one.

quote:

More specifically, he was one of the so-called "White Kree," a Kree race with the same color skin as Caucasian Earth humans(...)

edit: beaten and nailed like Ward's foot.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Do we know anything about the home media release of AoS yet? Bonus features, limited editions, anything?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

When it comes to Kree skin colors, I thought it was that Blue Kree had lineage going back to ancient Kree, and then something happened at some point and some Kree ended up different colors, with blue people having a higher stature in society.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yeah, pretty sure that was a Kree in that one episode.

To be fair, there was a Gnobian in the prison who wanted to cover Star-Lord in his jelly...

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, but I mean, now they could give us a living Kree. Maybe some Kree show up who are pissed that their buddy got turned into a chilled regenerative juice dispenser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

e X posted:

Yeah, but I mean, now they could give us a living Kree. Maybe some Kree show up who are pissed that their buddy got turned into a chilled regenerative juice dispenser.

Alien invasions are the sort of thing you call the Avengers in for, unless you have something like SWORD. It will be very small scale if it happens. My money is on Inhuman shadow society stuff cumulating in the next Guardians movie, myself.

Does/did Korath have head cybernetics in the comics? I didn't really start reading the Cosmic line till the first half of Annihilation in a Borders one day, and more recently with Bendis' Guardians of the Galaxy.

From what I understand, Blue Kree are "pure" Kree that haven't interbred with other alien species. That's why Ronan was blue in the movie I guess, he's some kind of Space Nazi.

• Locked thread