Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ravane posted:

Touching yourself doesn't count Rarity. :cheeky:

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To be honest, I'm just glad someone remembers I'm a girl.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh sweet, Charlie Cox has been great ever since Stardust. Good casting choice.

Mu Zeta posted:

Reminder that Galavant is a show that will exist and air on national television

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPNVhGbw_Sg

How does something like this even happen? :stare:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Community was a pretty bad show for the majority of its run

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's been too long since we had a good slapfight :munch:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

Best part of the episode was when Arya Stark learns that her aunt died three days before she reached her castle and just breaks out into laughter. Because of course that happened. Every single person Arya has loved or is related to or could help her has died when they were within arm's reach of her. This was to be expected.

Yeah, that moment was absolutely amazing. It really is the most perfect reaction.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sober posted:

I dunno if it was lazy/staged. I'm sure the way the (TV) season structure was structured might differ from the books (this might just be like some middle chapters instead) probably warped our perception of "here's a new secondary character, they sure must be pivotal to someone's arc this season" like you would typically find in other scripted shows; when in case it probably wasn't in the way it would've been in a typical novel and he might've been someone that was just a drop-in character for a small period.

No it's pretty much the same vibe in the book.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The problem with Dany is that nothing of worth is happening. The Missandei/Grey Worm subplot is some of the most blatant filler the show's ever done.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

It's way worse in the books, for instance in book two literally a third of the novel is watching dany-as-Moses and her little tribe wander around the desert as nothing ever happens

That was literally one chapter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

No it's not, they find te haunted place and start starving from dehydration then send the two riders ahead and one returns without a head and whatever

Yeah and it all happens in one chapter.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Aphrodite posted:

The stuff that made the character popular mostly came from the actor and the TV writers apparently, not Martin.

Not really, Oberyn's always been a fan favourite with book readers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

Well??????

They explained it but then they did the obnoxious "...OR WAS IT?" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I asked if this was likely to happen a month ago and everyone told me I was an idiot.

:smug:

• Locked thread