Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

My girlfriend has watched entire seasons of TV shows on the Netflix app on her iPhone while in bed. Over a while, not all at once, but still. This was back when she had a 4, before she got her new 5C.

That just seems incredibly uncomfortable to me :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SALT CURES HAM posted:

No show's ending will ever match up to Breaking Bad's ending, so arguing about which lesser endings are the worst out of all the lesser endings out there is super dumb. :colbert:
Futurama's first series finale (The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings) was really great. An almost perfect end to the series. Then the show got brought back and was kind of hit or miss for a while. But the second series finale was pretty good too. Not as good as The Devil's Hands, but it felt like a fitting and heartwarming way to end the series.

Still, I don't know if I'd say either of them were as good and satisfying as Breaking Bad's ending.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Shageletic posted:

Finally an Irish Joe opinion that rises my ire.

Red's the poo poo. gently caress all y'all haters.

Redd's is alright but Woodchuck is better :cheers:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, after the batshit insane twist on Sunday night's episode of Homeland, I'm almost glad it's getting renewed now. If you'd asked me last week, I'd have said "gently caress that, I hope it gets canned." But they really pulled a whacky trick out of their hat, so I'm gonna stick around and see where it goes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Thwomp posted:

poo poo, I better get on catching up on Homeland then.

I swear, no TV show went from "Must Watch" Premier in Season 2 to "I couldn't quite care enough to get it off my DVR" in Season 3.

It wasn't even that the end of Season 2 was that bad. It just didn't grab me and make me want more like Season 1 did.
Yeah, the first 3 episodes of this season are like that. They bored me to death for the most part, whereas I loved both Season 1 and Season 2. But they set up the twist that is arguably crazier than anything 24 ever did.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

smg77 posted:

Regardless of how anybody feels about Homeland everybody should be watching Masters of Sex.
Really? AMC Theaters aired promos for it that I'd see every time I went to the movies for a while, but it didn't look like it would be terribly above average.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Wait, @Midnight is a daily show? I just saw a commercial for the new episode tonight.

It's kinda funny, but it seems like something I'd rather see once a week than every night.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's a show about the internet that actually gets the internet. I have no problems with Hardwick and some of the guests for this week look great:

I'm in.
Yeah but I don't know how they're gonna be able to keep up the quality of the guests if they do it every night. Late night talkshows are able to do it for the most part, but they have a lot more types of guests to choose from than it seems like a show like this would.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've actually never seen the show myself, but NTSF:SD:SUV:: has the best name of any show and I laugh every time I see I preview for it and hear that name being spoken.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Azure_Horizon posted:

It's definitely as funny as the name is, but it takes a bit into the first season to hit a groove that hasn't stopped yet.
I should probably check it out one of these days, considering I listen to every episode of Paul Scheer & June Diane Raphael's How Did This Get Made podcast.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ufarn posted:

Someone made a show that's better than Homeland:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1zL106SGZ8
"You're the smartest and the dumbest fuckin' puppet I've ever known."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was about to say, there's no loving way that would work in the present day :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just saw the best commercial I'm ever going to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdNEjLTZtc8

Except this one said NewOrleansJobsList.com . Apparently they've done this same commercial for multiple cities.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I confused this with Key & Peele and was quite befuddled.
I have no idea what Locke & Key is and I did the same thing when I first read it. A Key & Peele movie series would probably be worth watching, at least at first.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

raditts posted:

Doug Benson : weed :: Chris Hardwick : nerd poo poo.
Aren't they like best buds too :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I don't watch many late night talkshows anymore, but the creator of Minecraft was on Craig Ferguson last night and good lord is it a testament to the Ferguson's ability that he didn't just implode when confronted by computer nerd awkwardness compounded by Notch being ESL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xIAZDg6yww
The ESL thing doesn't seem to be as much of a problem as this guy just seeming boring as all gently caress to be around.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Also, both the threads made for it have been poo poo but the continental breakfast sketch from Key & Peele is downright transcendent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st21dIMaGMs
:roflolmao:

I haven't been following the new season of Key & Peele at all but I probably should be if this is indicative of the quality of the whole thing. This was loving great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DivisionPost posted:

Okay there is no loving way this episode of Bar Rescue (with the Sand Dollar) is real.
Every episode of Bar Rescue seems fake as gently caress to me, or at least heavily edited to the point where it does. Still, it can be entertaining.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't recall a single episode of Moral Orel that didn't make me laugh my rear end off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Take it easy Deadpool :sympathy:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Question: I've been watching Big Freedia's reality show on Fuse, and it's not as expositional as I'd hoped it would be, but it's still an entertaining enough behind the scenes look at NOLA Bounce music and its heavy hitters. Anyway, the first season's finale was tonight and it played out like a series finale. There were "where are they now" segments for every person involved in the season, and it felt like it was coming to a close forever. Does anyone know if it got renewed for a second season? I couldn't find a thread on it here and I have no idea how many people have been watching it this season. It may have gotten terrible ratings and didn't get picked up for another season, but I don't know.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Did he actually air the uncensored version on Ellen? I didn't see the episode but I've seen the Bound 2 video, and if that's true, holy gently caress.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Machete Kills was a hilariously fun time at the movies and it makes me sad that since it didn't even make its budget back, we probably won't be getting Machete Kills....IN SPACE! :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

Seasons 2 and 3 of Heroes were terrible, but season 4 really did return to "legitimately watchable genre TV" standards and I liked it well enough.
Really? I abandoned Heroes during...I think Season 3 because it just got so painfully boring that I couldn't stand it anymore. But I legitimately loved Season 1.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I loved Murder House, then Asylum came along and I loved that one even more. So naturally I was excited for Coven to come out. Then it did and I was never really able to get all that interested in it. It's gotten better in the past episode or two, but I still don't think the show is nearly as good as Asylum was. This one has flashes of brilliance whereas Asylum was a whole entire season of nothing but brilliance.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I watched the first episode of Coven and haven't felt compelled to continue yet. I do have less time to watch stuff since I can't watch at work anymore. First world problems. :(
If you didn't feel a connection after the first episode, it's not even worth it to watch the rest of the season. It would just be a waste of time. I'm only watching the whole thing because it's currently airing and it's something for me to watch, but I don't think I'll ever feel compelled to rewatch any of it after it ends.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CobiWann posted:

Wow. I'm actually enjoying Coven a lot more than Asylum. Flaws, sure, but I think I prefer the wide-open setting of New Orleans than the claustrophobic Briarcliffe.
I'm from New Orleans and have lived here all my life and I'll watch just about anything shot/set here but even I don't really care for the setting of this season as much as Asylum's.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

Whoa check out this huge holiday release for Netflix:
http://i.imgur.com/VRS6fIn.jpg
But is it available in Super HD?!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

Le mot juste...

I can't believe I'm typing these words but, ahem "Family Guy Spoilers":

So how did they bring him back?
Stewie comes across this other Stewie that he sent into the future to buy a toy at Christmas time, and alternate Stewie has a time machine return pad in his backpack, so regular Stewie gets the new dog (Vinnie) to distract alternate Stewie and steals the pad out of alternate Stewie's backpack. Then he goes back to the moment before Brian got hit by the car and pushes Brian out of the way so Brian lives.

Jesus, that was a lot of words about Family Guy. I'm so ashamed :cripes:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Djeser posted:

I've been watching American Horror Story on Netflix and it seems like total crap.

Am I alone in this opinion? I saw it won awards but I can't tell why it would. The first season was dumb and cliche and the second season was dumb and uncomfortable and cliche.
Yeah I'd say that yours is the unpopular opinion. The consensus seems to be that people enjoyed season 1 but felt that season 2 was muuuuuch better, and I'm of that opinion too. Some people didn't like season 1 that much but loved season 2. I don't know that I've ever seen anyone say they flat out disliked both seasons.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bobkatt013 posted:

I seem to remember a huge Holy gently caress moment when
DING
DING
DING
DING
DING
BOOM
*walks out of wreckage with half a face intact*
*straightens tie*
*falls to the floor and dies*

I was watching the marathon on AMC the past few days. This was my 4th time marathonning the series over the years but the 1st since the series finale so I got to see it from the start to the very end. The finale is still so goddamn satisfying.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If I Had A Heart was in Breaking Bad too, when Jesse go-karts alone and then goes back to his house where this raging meth party is happening but he just observes it all looking dead inside.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just ignored all the praise OitNB got and didn't watch it because Weeds made me never want to watch anything created by Jenji Kohan again.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How come there's no thread for Kroll Show? The new season premiered tonight and I didn't get to watch it live but I DVRed it so I'm watching it now and it's hilarious. So many great comedians are making guest appearances this season too!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aphrodite posted:

I hope that now it's back those terrible ads will stop.
Well probably not since there's going to be a new episode every week, and those ads are funny dammit :colbert:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Aw man, no thread for the new season of Workaholics? :(

I'm on my phone but I'd make one if I wasn't. Hell, if no one makes one by the time I get home, I'll make one even though it'll be after the premiere has aired.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

UPN was still a far more interesting network than The CW has ever been. I remember watching Lars Von Trier's Dancer in the Dark on UPN back in the day. The CW has never shown anything nearly that interesting.

The one good thing The CW has done is air new episodes of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Marvin_Gardens posted:

Hey are you guys on that "Broad City"? I think it's really good, but there's no thread about it.

I'm going back to the Games, ok later you all.
There's a thread for it! :) The CC Power Hour thread which covers both that and Workaholics. I don't think the show's all that funny myself, but a bunch of other goons seem to be digging it so far.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeleton is the only Winter Olympic sport worth watching.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well now I won't be! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The longer 24 thing just aired during the Super Bowl. Chloe's looking kinda goth now and Jack literally does Big Boss' scream when he fires his gun, so I guess he's fully assumed that character.

• Locked thread