Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

zoux posted:

Breaking Bad's "finale" wasn't a finale. It bucked the trend of back loading the final episode with everything and instead put the series climax at the second to last episode, with the final two episodes serving as the resolution. So comparing the final episode of Breaking Bad with other finales is dumb and specious.
Personally, the penultimate episode of a season/series always seems to have all the heavy hitting stuff in it, while the finale is just wrapping up the events of the previous episode or establishing next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I have no idea what NBC can do at this point. Even if you put on a critically successful show, it seems like most audiences are entrenched on other networks to wrestle anyone away.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

CPFortest posted:

I enjoy the League (and still do, despite how weak this season is), but there was a time during Seasons 2 and 3 when people were saying that it was better than It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia which was just straight up crazy talk.
I don't think it's so outlandish of a claim, Season 8 of Sunny was one of the weakest in my opinion.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Have we reached over saturation of Superhero media yet? If not, it's approaching ever faster.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

hcreight posted:

How the hell does that even work? One Fox subsidiary sold syndication rights to another? I mean I'm sure Groening/Simon/Brooks/the other production companies get a cut but it sounds like the overall conglomerate is gambling on FXX paying off rather than selling the rights elsewhere and making a big payday.
Yeah, this is kind of a head scratchier. The parent company is paying its subsidiary for rights of something it already owns? I know some people probably get a cut of it like Groening and such, but where else is that money going?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Y'all want some good news, I got some good news. MST3k Turkey Day is going to happen this year.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/11/18/mst3k-turkey-day-2013/

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm not a big Joel fan either, but Turkey Day coming back is great under any circumstances. Stream that stuff to your TV with a Chromecast.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mallon owns the rights exclusively, iirc when Joel split.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Penny Dreadful is pretty awesome and Hartnett starts off with a mustache disguising his mustache. The rest of the cast is great, Eva Greene and Timothy Dalton.
Following Showtime logic - a great first season, and then just a dip in quality until it becomes unwatchable

• Locked thread