Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Is there a final Captain Laserbeam? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The most recent beyond belief felt very much like a final episode to me. I assume there's one more though.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Oh man, that Sparks finale.
Is this the end of Sparks Nevada?

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
That was pretty great. The best sort of ending I'd want for Sparks & co., really.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

effervescible posted:

That was pretty great. The best sort of ending I'd want for Sparks & co., really.

Yeah, all of the finales so far have been great. I'm gonna miss these on a weekly basis. :smith:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

That was a great finale, a lot of laughs, a lot of heart. I don't remember Pemily's deputy though (Dolores County or something?) What episode was she in?

I totally missed the (joke?) twist until Acker & Blacker explained it in the post show, and now my mind is blown.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Roach Warehouse posted:

That was a great finale, a lot of laughs, a lot of heart. I don't remember Pemily's deputy though (Dolores County or something?) What episode was she in?

She was a prominent part of the Night Vale crossover, and I think she's been in at least one other episode since.

Anyway, yeah, fantastic finale. I found Marc Evan Jackson's performance to be especially moving, mostly because he was clearly so moved by it himself.

Now to obsessively listen to each podcast episode again and again forever.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

I have been slowly catching up but I'm still a few episodes away from the end.

All I know is that on one of the panels, they mention a bit where Paget reads out a list of dog breeds as Sadie and it's just magic. (I think it's the same panel where they say everyone has a Sparks impression and all the women try to do Sadie.)

Not sure I can take the end of Sparks. The K of the Cosmos / Amelia Erhart / Colonel Tick-Tock / Philip Fathom crossover was almost too much.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Oh, I just found the thread after the show is over, kind of like how I found the TAH in March and got to the end only to find it was ending. :sadwave:

Anyone laugh their asses off at Ginny West's last line?

Also, I sort of feel like they're ending the show just as they're reaching the highest popularity, which has got to be bittersweet for everyone involved.

OneTwentySix fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Aug 20, 2015

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I know they're working on spinoff projects beyond the comic book but I don't think any of us knows precise details.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Jet Jaguar posted:

I have been slowly catching up but I'm still a few episodes away from the end.

All I know is that on one of the panels, they mention a bit where Paget reads out a list of dog breeds as Sadie and it's just magic. (I think it's the same panel where they say everyone has a Sparks impression and all the women try to do Sadie.)

Not sure I can take the end of Sparks. The K of the Cosmos / Amelia Erhart / Colonel Tick-Tock / Philip Fathom crossover was almost too much.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m8tOiqrIAOQ

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
The videos from the April Fool's Day shows are awesome. http://thrillingadventurehour.com/media/video/

G3nd0
May 9, 2009
Those videos warm my heart so much. I'm just sad there's so little footage of Workjuice doing their thing (at least the concert film turned out GREAT).

Unrelatedly, anyone here interested in a spare ticket to "Clink!" the Beyond Belief show at the Bellhouse in NYC on October 10th? It would be for the late show at 10pm. It looks like I won't be able to make it due to an unfortunate case of being in Philadelphia at the time.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

There's a new episode of Beyond Belief! I haven't been this excited in months!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is wonderful news!

Edit: It's not showing up for me, where do you see the new episode?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Mar 14, 2016

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I got it in my TAH podcast feed this morning when I woke up!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Anyone else at the show tonight at the UA?:w00t:

e: holy poo poo, this theater is gorgeous. Very glad they restored it.

e2: really nice show. No special guests, but it was a very warm, sweet show. Definitely going to miss it.:unsmith:

Majorian fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Dec 18, 2016

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Aw, I kept on hoping Nathan Fillion would come back for one more round as Cactoid Jim / Jefferson Reid.

Like even for five seconds at the end of a show. "Hey, what'd I miss?"

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Aw, I kept on hoping Nathan Fillion would come back for one more round as Cactoid Jim / Jefferson Reid.

Like even for five seconds at the end of a show. "Hey, what'd I miss?"

I hate to type this, but I'm glad they wrote the character out when they had the chance. I love Fillion, but they knew he was barely available for the show and it's wonderful to have a proper ending to the character with him actually in it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Majorian posted:

Anyone else at the show tonight at the UA?:w00t:

e: holy poo poo, this theater is gorgeous. Very glad they restored it.

e2: really nice show. No special guests, but it was a very warm, sweet show. Definitely going to miss it.:unsmith:

drat it. Why don't you post this before!? I'm actually in town and could have gone but didn't know there was going to be a show.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Looks like the recording of the December 17th Last Show Ever For A Very Long Time just hit the podcast feed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

docbeard posted:

Looks like the recording of the December 17th Last Show Ever For A Very Long Time just hit the podcast feed.

I have it on my phone, and I don't want to to rush into it since it will be the last one for a while.

• Locked thread