Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Today's new Sparks was one of them that I was there for! Probably the next Sparks they release I'll also have been there for.

Annie Savage, Craig Cackowski, and Dave (Gruber) Allen also sang backup with Mark Gagliardi during the theme song. The others danced in the background while Mark, as Croach, was confused as to the human's dancing, until the final verse, when he also joined in the dancing. So that's why there's a laugh/applause break near the end.

At the very end, while Croach is going "IS it? Is it Sparks Nevada?" Mark was poking Marc in the stomach and they were both smiling like they were close to breaking.

In between the episodes the special musical guest played a song, maybe that will be on the second episode's podcast though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Last weeks live show featured Sparks, Phillop Fathom, and Colonel TIck-Tock. No Beyond Belief, and no Paul F Tompkins

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Now that we're back, can we talk about how amazing the new Moonshine Holler episode was? Hobo fairytale in iambic pentameter... just when I thought I couldn't love the show anymore they went and did this.

I know they did the episode at Largo a month or two ago and also in NY last October, I'm only disappointed we didn't get those variants.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Annakie posted:

Now that we're back, can we talk about how amazing the new Moonshine Holler episode was? Hobo fairytale in iambic pentameter... just when I thought I couldn't love the show anymore they went and did this.

I know they did the episode at Largo a month or two ago and also in NY last October, I'm only disappointed we didn't get those variants.

I have no idea how they could ever top that Moonshine Holler. Wow.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

No love for Sparks and Croach trying to tell a joke, or Croach doing shtickperforming the Vamping Ritual?

"You. Audience human. From...where do you originate? I am unsurprised. You exhibit the general traits and behaviors associated, negatively, with this region."

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
"Where are you from, Audience Member?>"

"Earth!"

"Obviously."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This new Beyond Belief is so, so great. Hogdman and Scott Aukerman are the best Vampire Twins.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So, who do you think the succubi was in love with?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

So, who do you think the succubi was in love with?
Yes.

Man, there were more flubs this episode than I think I've ever heard, but they dealt with them perfectly.

"Keep going while I switch glasses."

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
The flubs were even more hilarious in person. Paul in particular had some priceless facial expressions. I strongly urge all you guys to go see a recording if you ever get the chance—the podcast is wonderful on its own, but seeing the performance adds something awesome.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yes.

Man, there were more flubs this episode than I think I've ever heard, but they dealt with them perfectly.

I think I read somewhere that Acker was doing the sound effects, which is why they kept missing.

I loved that episode a whole lot. A nearly hour-long Beyond Belief as one entire story is something I could get used to.

Also reminder that Drunk History returns tomorrow. Craig is in the regular acting-out-the-stories cast, while Mark and Paget will both be getting drunk and telling stories again this season.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Illinois Smith posted:

This new Beyond Belief is so, so great. Hogdman and Scott Aukerman are the best Vampire Twins.

Ooooh! I was at this one. I can't wait to hear how much of the mistakes they kept.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There are still tickets available for the Xmas show.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hal Lublin did a guest spot on Night Vale's 2nd anniversary show, and did impressions of all the other cast members (before flying into a Fathom-esque rage).

It was incredible.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

News & Stuff...

* Parts of The SDCC Schedule is out, if you're lucky enough to be there. There's supposed to be more stuff announced soon. Even if you're not going, you can get the WTNV/TAH crossover shirt at Welovefine.com.
* Paget will be getting drunk on Drunk History next Tuesday. I asked Mark when his episode will be and he said "Soon." Craig's on every week as a history enactor.
* Marc will be on Adventure Time tomorrow night.
* Paul was on @Midnight last night and it was pretty great. He's on quite a bit normally.
* The OGN was nominated for two Harvey awards.
* The new Thunderbolts is out today, Acker & Blacker's second volume. They did an interview about the future of the series.

There's also apparently still a few tickets for the August show left... or there were a few days ago. And I added some more gifs and links to the OP.

Oh and I *think* Hal is going to be at the Denver WTNV show in Denver on Saturday based on some hints he dropped in his twitter.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 17, 2014

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I wasn't aware that there were TAH clips/episodes on the DVD for Castle Season 4! I was very confused to go downstairs and find my parents watching Sparks Nevada, haha.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah I bought my first DVD show set in *years* just for that one disk of those two episodes. Worth it. :)

Also, Colonel Tick-Tock just did a better episode of Doctor Who than Doctor Who's done in years.

Though I do feel bad for Constance, sitting at home while her husband's off flirting with half the dudes in all of time and space.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was there for that episode! They went with Colonel Tick Tock instead of Beyond Belief because Paul wasn't available.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Tickets are on sale for the October 11th New York show! (I'll be there!)

Also the TAH panel at SDDC / The Nerd HQ Sunday at Noon will be telecast on the Youtube channel.

Tala
Jun 17, 2002

Hey, catch me later, I'll buy you a beer.
OK guys now I am torn. I've been saving my pennies for months with the intention of seeing TAH live at Largo (I'm from the UK and I'd be making a holiday out of it too so I'll probably aim for going next March to the 10th anniversary if they do it), but now I am tempted to go to this Bell House show in NY. I can only just about afford one so, SA Adventurekateers, I need your help to decide - which one would you choose and why?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Well, if you were going to go to the NY show, I would have suggested getting passes for NY Comic Con because TAH is going to be there, too, and you'd have gotten to actually spend time seeing everyone with panels and everything, but NYCC passes are all sold out at this point. :(

I'd honestly say go to Largo now because A) you'll get the whole Largo experience and B) the anniversary show is probably going to be really awesome as the anniversary shows usually are. Also the cast always hangs out after the show for a long time at Largo (if there's two shows, get tickets to the second, or both) so you'll get to meet most everyone after the show, but they should be hanging out after the Bell House show as well.

I'm actually going to the 10th anniversary show as well. I'm trying to go once every six months at this point, though part of it for me now is just hanging out with my Adventurekateer friends.

Also the weather will probably be better in LA in the spring than New York in the fall but, whatever. Maybe just decide on which city you'd rather visit more. :)

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I recommend the Largo experience because where else can you touch strangers arms and legs without it being weird.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Should we have a goon meet-up for the anniversary show?

Tala
Jun 17, 2002

Hey, catch me later, I'll buy you a beer.
Thanks for the advice, folks. Although I haven't been to NYC and would like to go eventually, and poor weather doesn't bother me (I'm British!) I still think I'll stick with my original plan of going to Largo. Who knows, maybe they'll do a Bell House show next year!

And hey, if a bunch of non-weird goons wants to meet up and say hi, I'd be down for that too. Then the weird ones can go and touch arms and legs I guess?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

largo has very cramped seating

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

I would almost definitely be up for a goon meet around the anniversary show. I should have a rental car and thus have transportation when I'm in LA that week but my plans also are going to revolve around 6 - 12 other people. It probably will be doable, though. :)

Also..
* The NerdHQ panel should be streaming live at noon pacific on the NerdHQ channel. It's likely that it's also going to be available on the youtube channel later and probably on the podcast too, so, no big deal if you miss it.
* TAH made Entertainment Weekly! That's pretty awesome.
* There's just been a whole slew of awesome pictures coming out of comic-con. Here's a bunch of them from Friday. A friend of mine also did an awesome ghost from the BB segment of the OGN cosplay.
* And by all reports the crossover last night was amazing. Hopefully there'll be more pictures and stuff coming over the next few days. Here's some kinda decent pics, though

Annakie fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jul 27, 2014

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Hal Lublin is going to be on The Wil Wheaton Project on Syfy tonight!

Speaking of Hal, how great was yesterday's Philip Fathom episode?

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Annakie posted:

Hal Lublin is going to be on The Wil Wheaton Project on Syfy tonight!

The most recent Dead Authors Podcast had Craig Cackowski as Edgar Allan Poe and Marc Evan Jackson as J.D. Salinger and was quite funny.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Tavarin posted:

The most recent Dead Authors Podcast had Craig Cackowski as Edgar Allan Poe and Marc Evan Jackson as J.D. Salinger and was quite funny.

Marc Evan Jackson's Salinger was so perfect. It's funny because 99% of people are way better at modulating/changing their voices to play characters than he is, but he nails personalities so well, especially with the dismissive rear end in a top hat vibe like he did for Salinger and Gore Vidal.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Marc Evan Jackson's voice OOZES smarmy rear end in a top hat, even in his what I'm assuming is OOC voice, but it fits the archetypes he plays to a tee.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Annakie posted:

A Philip Fathom solo adventure?
With Clancy Brown as Shape Ape?

SOLD

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

JohnnyCanuck posted:

A Philip Fathom solo adventure?
With Clancy Brown as Shape Ape?

SOLD

I was dragging my feet on watching this episode but SOLD

I can pretend Batman's fighting Lex Luthor/Gorilla Grodd again!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Annakie posted:

The cylinder, the most SINISTER of shapes!

That was so, so good.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Speaking of good, a reference to some older continuity in Sparks Nevada this week. Will Mercury the horse ever get to talk again?

Croach and Sparks talking about who they would fight in the trial of the Carpagian Mists was great.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

Speaking of good, a reference to some older continuity in Sparks Nevada this week. Will Mercury the horse ever get to talk again?

Croach and Sparks talking about who they would fight in the trial of the Carpagian Mists was great.

Every time Mercury says "Whinny!" it's an actual recording of Andy Daly so.... he has sorta? haha. I'd love it if he could, though. Andy Daly is great and I wish he'd guest star on the show again.

So if you're in New York or will be for NYCC / the show around October 6th..

* PFT's Dead Authors Podcast will have a show on Wednesday, the 6th.

* There's a Nerdist Writer's Panel (Hosted by Blacker) on Thursday night

* Friday is the TAH Improv show, which will be different than the regular show on Saturday night.

Tickets for all of them are still on sale. I'll be at the regular TAH show, Dead Authors, the Improv show, and around at NYCC a lot.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Just got through #121 and Marc Evan Jackson cracking up trying to sing the theme was hilarious.

Also I managed to see some preview images from the graphic novel and man, was Lars DeSouza a horrible and offputting choice of artist. Also the Sparks art was just weiiiiiiird. The people who did the Beyond Belief and Moonshine Holler (bar Gummy's inexplicably not-ugly features) stuff are both pretty good though!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Can anyone recommend a good Sadie-heavy episode of Beyond Belief to get a Paget Brewster fan interested in the show? They're all so good, I'm having a hard time picking the best introduction.

Buggalo
Mar 31, 2010

Nemo posted:

Can anyone recommend a good Sadie-heavy episode of Beyond Belief to get a Paget Brewster fan interested in the show? They're all so good, I'm having a hard time picking the best introduction.

I would recommend Rosemary's Baby Shower, mostly because of Carlyle Ravencastle, Huthband to the Midnight.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Any of the Nightmares ones, I hesitate to recommend the Paget only ones that I've heard cause they mainly fell flat for me (e: except Rosemary's Baby Shower, I forgot that one! definitely do that one) but if you liked them feel free.

Failing that, the Valentine's Day special, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

We recommend Love, Love me Doom on the wiki because it's an early episode that has a lot of fun flirting and innuendo and a pretty fun plot with the succubus/incubus.

• Locked thread