Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think it's partly that the prosecutor role is written better in DD. You don't really have the 'wait why is my client still on trial' moments anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I didn't see it posted here so the AA6 Prologue movie.

Nothing too interesting, but a nice feel for the English VAs and I really, really want to see what kind of absurd case Phoenix was working on at the beginning of the movie.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think it's partly that the prosecutor role is written better in DD. You don't really have the 'wait why is my client still on trial' moments anymore.

Aside from Machi, Galactica might be the worst for this since literally all von Karma had was a contract that barely meant anything and was probably going to be signed anyway (if it wasn't already I don't remember) and a couple of witnesses that saw a top hat and a cape. This is not something to build a case on Franziska

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

But he flew! And nobody else wears a top hat and a cape ever!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Is it just me or is the music in the demo oddly quiet relative to the rest of the sound effects?

Also, hyped as fuuuuuuuuuck.

Also,

Maya's poor robe finally fails to contain Mia's abundance.

Wasn't the last game M though? I guess they toned down on the blood a little bit?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I think the M rating was more because of a few... highly memorable screens from the last case than anything else.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
SoJ probably dorsn't have 5-5 stuff like a child putting her mother in an assembly machine and see her guts get moved all over.

legoman727 posted:

Nothing too interesting, but a nice feel for the English VAs and I really, really want to see what kind of absurd case Phoenix was working on at the beginning of the movie.

Someone who played the jp version please post if the prologue case gets a follow-up of sorts

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
^Played it and the whole video is never really mentioned beyond the fact that Phoenix is in Khurain v2. Completely optional supplementary content I guess you'd call it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Is it just me or is the music in the demo oddly quiet relative to the rest of the sound effects?

Also, hyped as fuuuuuuuuuck.

Also,

Maya's poor robe finally fails to contain Mia's abundance.

Wasn't the last game M though? I guess they toned down on the blood a little bit?

I think the only reason AA5 was M rated was because of that ridiculous animated video of Athena covered and surrounded in blood and gore at the start of the game and that bit at the end. SoJ gets a fair bit violent in its own right but nothing to Akira/Evangelion levels like that

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 28, 2016

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

legoman727 posted:

Between this and vague spoilers about one of the cases apparently revolving around Japanese literature, I'm seriously wondering if they're just actively loving with the localization team at this point.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Regalingualius posted:

Between this and vague spoilers about one of the cases apparently revolving around Japanese literature, I'm seriously wondering if they're just actively loving with the localization team at this point.

Not literature, antiquated Japanese comedy theatre and soba noodles. It is quite possibly the most condensed amount of pure Japanese I've ever seen distilled into 3-4 hours in a video game story and it's probably going to be both unrecognizable and maybe even downright illegible in the localization

There is more Japanese in that one case than in the entirety of DGS

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What kind of chump hasn't eaten soba before.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Strange Quark posted:

What kind of chump hasn't eaten soba before.

I never said anything about eating the noodles

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Perfect Potato posted:

I never said anything about eating the noodles

:crossarms:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm getting hyped for AA6 again. Ignoring the demo myself so I can play the game mostly fresh.

I tried AAI2 again, but for some reason I've never been able to even finish the first case. It always loses me after like half an hour. Not sure why exactly, since I was able to finish AAI1 so its not like I'm not used to the different playstyle or anything.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
AAI2 is very good, please try it again.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're missing out on one of the best games in the series.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Guys why isn't Spirit of Justice out right now?

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Man, I really wish these games didn't have any animated segments. They look really, really ugly and also lack any of the personality prevalent in the world during actual gameplay.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Raxivace posted:

I'm getting hyped for AA6 again. Ignoring the demo myself so I can play the game mostly fresh.

I tried AAI2 again, but for some reason I've never been able to even finish the first case. It always loses me after like half an hour. Not sure why exactly, since I was able to finish AAI1 so its not like I'm not used to the different playstyle or anything.

Definitely go finish it. I put it down for several months after getting burned out on the series. Basically played all of them back to back over the course of a few months, had to take a break.

I went back and finally finished AAI2 and hoooooooooly poo poo is it amazing. People do not exaggerate when they say it's the best game in the series.

Also, weighing in, Blackquil is my favorite prosecutor other than Edgeworth. I never particularly liked Godot.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
AAI2 is good. Very good. AA1/AA3 levels of good.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Calico Heart posted:

Man, I really wish these games didn't have any animated segments. They look really, really ugly and also lack any of the personality prevalent in the world during actual gameplay.

i liked the pirate song

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

AAI2 is good. Very good. AA1/AA3 levels of good.

this

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Davincie posted:

i liked the pirate song

Which one.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Playing the demo was a bad idea. Now I'll be jonesing for a week and a half.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Both

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Finally finished Layton vs. Wright last night. That ending sure was ... something. I was prepared for stupid, and I was not disappointed!

I've now finished every single Ace Attorney game! (Barring the Sherlock Holmes one, of course.) I am ready for the new one, baby!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Every time someone says they don't like Godot my counterpoint is:

https://youtu.be/9ZxLlirprF0

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is it possible to explain what the extremely japanese, how-are-they-going-to-translate-this thing in SoJ is without spoiling the game?

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

voltcatfish posted:

Is it possible to explain what the extremely japanese, how-are-they-going-to-translate-this thing in SoJ is without spoiling the game?

Haven't played it yet myself, but I've heard there's a case involving rakugo. I doubt there's anything in the wikipedia article that would spoil the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakugo

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Mountaineer posted:

Haven't played it yet myself, but I've heard there's a case involving rakugo. I doubt there's anything in the wikipedia article that would spoil the game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakugo

It's the new stand-up comedy craze sweeping the nation: sit-down comedy!

Hire me Capcom

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blackquill starts going all-in with bringing his weeb poo poo to court.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

As near as I can tell the answer to how they localized that case is "hope you like Japanese poo poo, son, because we loving hate the localization team."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Carlosologist posted:

Every time someone says they don't like Godot my counterpoint is:

https://youtu.be/9ZxLlirprF0

my ringtone irl

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aa fans are all weebs, anyway

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Funky Valentine posted:

Blackquill starts going all-in with bringing his weeb poo poo to court.

Straight up, this is how I would handle it. "There's this new japanese craze all over Cali! Prosecutor Blackquill pulled some strings to get an event started and it caught on" and then Apollo looks skeptic and annoyed that people are so willing to put up with that or something. Or if there's something extremely Japanese in the office just say it was a gift from Blackquill.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

my ringtone irl

My ringtone is Phoenix's Steel Samurai chiptune one.

It's the perfect ring tone and I will never change it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blackquill being a canon weeb is probably the best decision the localization team ever made in regards to future issues.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Silver Falcon posted:

My ringtone is Phoenix's Steel Samurai chiptune one.

It's the perfect ring tone and I will never change it.

Mine used to be that, but I changed it to the NMH ringtone Travis Touchdown had in NMH

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

My ringtone is from DD's Pressing Pursuit and it makes me happy hearing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Someone go warn Mia before it's too late.

• Locked thread