Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
Add this to the server list!

The Furry Pound #4: 208.115.128.10:27015
Vanilla settings across the board, default respawn time, crits, no alltalk etc. Literally always full, literally. Pretty good player base skill-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010

Reiley posted:

I made a new wildstyle spray

I might end up making a bunch and just start rotating them around, they're so much fun to play with.

Reiley can you make a spray for me?

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
The new Soldier's Stash makes for some pretty bad hat combos.

edit: it looks good on The Cloud Crasher and the Stahlhelm

Northern_most fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Apr 3, 2014

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
Just gonna drop this here, quick little video of me playing medic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyeoHGNJTYg

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
I need another item slot for a hat :(

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010

Reiley posted:

Rocketjumping is probably the single most unintuitive thing in this entire game and the nuances of it are never officially explained anywhere. It's all about understanding the physics of blast damage and how to position the epicenter of an explosion in the correct location- whether it's on the ground or on a wall behind you but not too far behind you- to throw yourself in the desired direction; be it up, forward or some combination of the two. That alone is incredibly unintuitive but then you get into the effects of holding crouch in the air to achieve more distance and how to strafe in the air to increase your velocity and control your arcs in impossible directions and even how to skip off walls and rocks as you fly to go even faster and the whole thing becomes the most daunting, complicated mess you have ever seen or ever will see in a FPS.

It's easy to be put off by it and by the work and the hours it demands of you to master and it's easy to just write off Soldier and play another class, but if you commit to it and come out the other side then nothing seems simpler than shooting your gun to launch yourself in an arc, its a reflex. But from the onset it will always be an impenetrable mess, probably the most unclear and abstract yet utterly-vital feature of this entire game.

Couple days late, but this is a great post and makes me glad I've been nerding on FPS games and rocketjumping since Quake to TF and TFC. Mastering your Rocket Launcher is a journey.

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
Anyone else been getting high latency/ping to Valve dedicated servers the last couple days?

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
My Shotty and Rocket Launcher, fun switching between them when I've got a killstreak rolling.

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So when are you gonna make a "Shut Up, Dude?"

Picked up a Strange Escape Plan yesterday :D

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
Man in Slacks has taken the place of my Teufort Tooth Kicker

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010
Check out my medic :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Northern_most
Mar 29, 2010

The Kins posted:

These promotional images/videos for prospective halloween items are starting to get more and more obscure (and creepy, of course) with their references:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqb8PsGIr9A

Thats great, that video always freaked me out and now it will be part of my TF2!?

• Locked thread