Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Relinking this from the last thread, it's seriously way too amazing to forget so fast :allears: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=187931667&searchtext=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some day I will get my hands on a Last Breath :sigh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My item server connection is completely broken :saddowns:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I AM A FREAKING WIZARD should be spammable at all times :allears:

E: SON OF A CUSSING CUSS-WORD

Tollymain fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 30, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Soldier has some special lines to go along with his Larval Lid as well. They're pretty great.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It should be a private server, some of these pubs are loving annoying as poo poo.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qnqnx posted:

No need to get angry and stomp out the server because your gimmick didn't work out.

Ahahaha that had nothing to do with that joke gimmick, you loving moron :3:

Nah, there are just a lot of obnoxious idiots coming in. I didn't want to be on the same team as an idiot fucker who thinks rape jokes are okay.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think it happened three times actually. I've never seen that happen before :stare:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how the Hottie's Hoodie and the Hard-Headed Hardware look together :kimchi:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't bother aiming with the Huntsman. I just point it in the general direction of the enemy and spam arrows.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Lordly Lapels are bloody brilliant. I love my demo costume.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't give a poo poo. It's not like you owe them anything.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It does bug me when someone team switches because it just makes the losing team lose harder. I'm sure you're a competent player and the team probably could've used you. The server I play on is getting so ridiculous with team stacking it is making a balanced, fun match a rare occurrence. The second the match starts everyone jumps to one team then a bunch of people sit in spectator waiting for Pubs to join the other team who don't know any better. Eventually all the regulars are on one team and the Pubs are on the other. A few Pubs wise up and join the winning team.
Scramble never works because they just join spectator and wait for an autobalance and then join back on the winning team again.

Your server sucks poo poo, find a new one.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No Heroes is similarly obnoxious, but no Pinion. Firepowered plays the same maps over and over, but no Pinion.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TF2 is trying to update and apparently has broken for me :(

Deleting and redownloading didn't change anything.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just did that, no dice :sigh:

I hope valve unfucks this before Funhavers tonight.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That medic is screaming inside for somebody to put him out of his misery.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gunslinger+Widowmaker :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xanthan posted:

Well I remember why I don't play on Rutas anymore, just getting stomped the entire time isn't fun.

High five! Wait we're both dead, let's hope Pyro will come along and do it for us with our severed limbs :(

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Somebody hook me up for the Goon MvM group pretty please :sparkles:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tollymain/

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CoolCab posted:

My friend who hasn't played the game in awhile got back into it because of watching Star_ videos, and he made an observation that I thought was a protip: Star_ is always running for a healthpack, mindful of where the healthpack is and basing his movement and extension from a source of a healthpack (unless he has a med, where he does the same but around the Medic's health). If I'm at 124 as a Scout or whatever, I'm thinking at all times ''I can deny someone else this healthpack, I can fall back here, I can safely assume enemies will tunnel vision this healthpack''. Playing around healthsources is another one of those nontwitch skills that separates new and old players.

This explains why I'm so much better on Harvest than other servers! I play on Harvest too much and I can never remember where the health kits are on other maps :saddowns:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got a gunslinger killstreakifier :haw:

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to save up for a strange gunslinger or not.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Well I meant more in the lines of, let's say the BLU Spy is taunting the RED Heavy he just kills. BLU Heavy is nearby and is like "Ummm that is me you're talking about!!"

What are you talking about their hats are different of course they're not the same people :haw:

Joking aside, have they ever given an explanation in-universe why red and blu team have (often multiple) identical copies running around shooting each other?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CoolCab posted:

The Engineer cackles manically as his guns punch holes in human beings

Let's be honest with ourselves here, this is a totally normal human reaction.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I enjoy them, but I also play roguelikes and Dark Souls and such so I may just be crazy.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reiley posted:

Do people play Scout strictly to mark things and pick up money? I played in a group where I started Scout with a FaN/Milk/Whatever bat so I could kill things while I got money and another person joined and really insisted on being the Scout, since that was all they could play. I had to switch to Demoman to accomodate them and they were completely terrible, and at the time I couldn't understand it but I guess in hindsight I could see the mindset of "all I have to do is pick up money and that's all I have to do, that will be my specialty."

I play scout in mvm to pick up cash, mark/milk stuff, and take out snipers/spies when I see them. Later on you might have the money to make your scattergun a robot-killing machine but for the most part I would rather the scout try to pick up every cent instead of shooting robots.

Also I use the Shortstop for MvM because the healing boost is really nice.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point heavies fall lower than scouts on my heal priority list :mmmhmm:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well, I try to keep everybody in my vicinity (except fatties) at decent health, I meant more like pocket priority. I will merrily pocket a scout with a QF and buzz past a heavy waddling back to spawn without a second thought :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ironic creepiness is a lot like ironic bigotry. It's still creepy/being a bigot.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pans are funny, and make funny noises when you hit your enemies/surroundings/allies.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
48 players sounds like the most enormous clusterfuck :gonk:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also was very similar to the Engie (and every other class really), in that he was pretty loving bonkers.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, imagine spraying the ground on the corner which the engineer built their sentry around :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to make so many people angry with my strange killstreak gunslinger :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of my strange weapons has helped me get much better at ambushing.

It's a Strange Bottle :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lori posted:

Man, minisentries were stupid and annoying, but now that they can get protected from projectiles on top of preventing most classes from getting close enough to dish out enough hitscan damage to kill it. Thank god you gave the engineer that neat little tool, Valve - we needed more stupid bullshit to make the wrangler seem balanced. I am as done as a person can get with the poo poo the developers do without thinking at all.

Ooooooon the other hand, it's a minisentry. Any other thing the engineer could be doing is more productive and helpful to their team than babysitting with the short circuit.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No, the Short Circuit was unusable poo poo before. Nobody used it because it sucked. Even if the wrangler didn't exist, the pistol was far better than the SC.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

Seems like the new "trolling" thing is for pro players join pubs, go gunslinger + short circuit and make everyone's life as miserable as possible. Seriously, Valve has had weeks to fix this "balance change" -- they aren't going to.

It's not been weeks, it's been week.

You're week.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why doesn't the sniper have a boomerang?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notZaar posted:

Pyro already has the flamethrower for close quarters, no melee weapon is gonna be better than that now that the axetinguisher has been nerfed.

i haven't played in forever. they nerfed the axetinguisher?

• Locked thread