Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Otacon posted:

Once you've figured out which items or weapons or hats you'll be wanting, check out https://www.scrap.tf - their bots will give you 2 weapons for each scrap metal you give them, the same as crafting your own scraps!

I had no idea it had reverse functionality. That's so cool! Time to obtain one of every weapon then! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dabir posted:

Let's get some loadout pics in the new thread! I like to put different cosmetic setups in each slot, so it's easier to tell what I'm using at any given time.

Still my favorite Pyro.

STILL MY FAVORITE HEAVY, BROTHERRR! IT'S IN OUR GEEEENES. (I've posted this one a time or two before but I absolutely refuse to get rid of it)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Furry Pound does have a decent community and the servers run well if you turn off sprays while you're there (or, y'know, have some self restraint and just don't look at the animal genitalia). The name is a bit of a turn off but there's not much you can do about that because it is what it is. I've got quite a few Furry Pound servers located near me so whenever I bother to do quickplay there's a chance I'll end up there and not even notice. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm sure I certainly could make a fancy cutout and screenshots and stuff for my loadouts but I've only got two classes with loadouts I feel are worth showing and it's much easier to just puush a screenshot of the loadout screen. Maybe someday I'll take a good screenshot of knockoff-Liquid-Ocelot but for now :effort: abounds.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I took a screenshot of Liquid Ocelot Heavy doing what Liquid does best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j__22gj_tzY&t=162s

Unfortunately the players on the server I decided to do this on were playing super srs tf2 so I was unable to actually land a tauntkill with it.

One smug motherfucker.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 25, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There is no more ear-rending sound than dying as Pyro to a Class+Medic (cue dominated sound effect x2), only to not even a second later kill them both with afterburn damage (cue revenge sound effect x2).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't feel bad about it, the Soldier probably thinks Barrister is his new first name too.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

gnome7 posted:

I just had my first random-drop hat in my 2 years of playing TF2 just now.

It was that loving pony hat. I'd make an exaggerated post about how angry I am, but I'm mostly just disappointed.

Sell it for an unbelievably high price while the update is still fresh. Some idiot is gonna buy it because they either love MLP or love being a useless troll.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8REVZE-REw

The stupid My Little Pony hat also has unique voice lines (that are explicitly My Little Pony things). I don't know if this is a good thing or a terrible thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Team Fortress 2 - God is Dead, and the Immaculate Unicorn Hat Killed Him

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr. Fetus posted:

If they introduced over 100 items in the game and stuffed those all into one crate, wouldn't you have a bigger chance of getting an unusual than getting a Halloween item? Assuming it's still a 1 in 100 chance to get one.

Not really liking this update to be honest. It's way to chaotic for my liking, and the focus is just scattered all over the place.

No. The chance to get an unusual is not based on the number of items in the crate, whether it's an unusual or not is chosen first. THEN it chooses what the item and effect will be.

At least, that's how I recall being told it works. I might be misremembering but that at least sounds logical, that way the unusual chance can be static even though the number of items in a crate may vary.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, right, sorry. :doh:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Don't get me wrong, I'm actually pretty awed at the crazy amount of effort Valve has put into this update for the retardedly large amount of miscs/items there are. It's just... come on. Look at that hat and tell me it's not stupid. Look at this update and tell me why there isn't one weapon in it besides "Valve hates balancing weapons and loves money".

And the Pyro's new lines are terribly voiced. :colbert:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

nerdbot posted:

Does anyone else have these two hat problems? Pyro's Bubble Pipe has the "on fire" texture covering the bottom rim at all times, and Demoman's Whiskey Bib has transparent backsides on the cuffs in-game again after they fixed it (though oddly, not in the loadout menu).

Hat problems are obviously the least of the concerns here, but I just wanted to know if this was just an issue only I was having.

Are you playing in DX8 mode? This happens to me too and I play using DX8 (because I like the matte colors), so I was wondering if that might be the issue.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I posted in the economy thread about this but I'll leave it here too in case someone can help and doesn't know that thread exists. I'm liquidating my backpack so I can stop playing this game and make off with some cash and in addition to selling everything in my backpack for metal, I'm also looking for somebody with the knowledge to help me find someone willing to buy it for real-life bux as well as be a mediator between me and whoever I sell all this crap to. If you can help me, please add me so we can talk about the constantly inflating price of keys!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sounds like the Scout ran so fast a bird got caught in the barrel of the gun. I seriously have no idea what could be the problem there!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Jewel posted:

Scout's haunted hat voice lines are finally up somewhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPkyGPAMz6E

:allears:

The Scout continues to be the best character in the game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The Dark One posted:

The patch to fix Helltower has absolutely destroyed my framerate.

Yeah, this happened to me too. The event version had a godawful framerate for me before but now it's quite literally like I'm playing a Powerpoint slideshow. Then I still crash every like five minutes because the skeleton fix didn't actually fix anything at all. I think I'm about done with TF2 now!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah nah I've actually wanted to quit for a while. After putting a thousand hours into the game I have started to realize that it's really not all that fun for me anymore!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you go through while in tiny mode you come out of the other one. Pretty sure that's all that's in there.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If everyone unanimously decides to give up in either League of Legends or Dota, I don't remember (or care) which, nobody on the losing team incurs the 'ended a match early' penalty.

edit: It's LoL. That's one of the closest things I can think of but I'm sure there are better examples.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The introduction of green and pink paint ruined this game's art style irrevocably. Show me something that looks good in lime and I'll show you a person who's deluding themselves.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 4, 2013

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Not that I care to argue too thoroughly about it because it's really just semantics, but I'd definitely say bright-rear end green in a game where blue and red are the most predominant colors constitutes disrupting the art style. The color palette is part of the art style.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The best way to do that is to stop playing on Pinion servers. I know that's not the advice you asked for but it definitely bears repeating!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just decided to bite the bullet and give the game another bid for my attention and started up for the first time in literal months...

...and then this happened within the first five minutes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I always feel bad when I pull out the Direct Hit because it can kill Heavies before they can get out of the way if they aren't at a super long range, because the rockets move faster than they can strafe in either direction. It feels cheap. :(

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm also just a little bit sick of niche weapons. Sometimes it's very obvious that a weapon was designed to be used in combination with X loadout in mind, but these days we aren't getting many general use ones in favor of gimmicks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Festive and botkiller weapons are stupid and I hate them. The former especially.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Speaking of the Steam Workshop, here's a dumb question because I don't ever use it: Can you actually use stuff uploaded to the Workshop in the game if it's just a reskin, or do I have to download it as a mod from somewhere else? (I told you it was a dumb question but I'm too lazy to find out the answer myself)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I also encourage that you join the map test and have fun playing "the video games" as I hear they are called sometimes.

edit: And then my internet immediately poo poo the bed and TF2 stopped detecting servers. Thanks Valve! :geno:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jun 4, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I might have read over it by accident, but what would it potentially replace if it was an in-game item? Action slot, maybe?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Peanut President posted:

Can't wait for THE BIG BOMB to be a thing. Imagine it for MvM.

It already is in MvM! :downsrim:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Seems like it's being changed to be Dark Souls style, where you hit a button to bring up a quick-menu of the actions you can do, then you pick one and it does the action after the menu goes away.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Magypsy posted:

The filenames are

So yeah, it's russian black bread.

In unrelated news, how is it? It looks delicious and I'd like to try and bake it sometime. :v:

Obviously the russian black bread points toward the Heavy getting a sun tan in the next comic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sudo Echo posted:

This update broke the huntsman again. It doesn't fire when you release mouse1 if you get knocked in the air after already drawing back. You have to release and click again. Very annoying.

The bug is, however, an interesting way to get around the Huntsman's auto-fire if you hold down the mouse too long. As long as you're alright with moving slowly you can just waddle around with an arrow at full power forever until you click again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

pisshead posted:

Or like the spy disguise menu?

Yeah.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

8 Ball posted:

Idle server + lots of free time - spirit of the game = farmed Strange weapons

Which in turn equals 'dumb rear end in a top hat you shouldn't play with'. People who farm their strange weapons just to up their kill count under the mindset of "I MUST HAVE THE HIGHEST NUMBER!!" are idiots who don't understand that the entire point of strange weapons is to track kills you have earned in actual gameplay.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
It basically is. The only crafting that is actually worth your time anymore is crafting weapons into metal, which you can then use to just buy whatever you want instead of wasting MORE time/materials crafting it yourself.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fiend Computer posted:

I think I need to change up my demo game a bit. Also that I need a description for my sword.

Three loving years and I just noticed today that the description is a haiku.

edit: And it's one syllable short! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Solumin posted:

It isn't? "Duel" is 2 syllables, if that's the line that you think is short.

But nobody in their right mind pronounces it with two syllables.

• Locked thread