Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Reposting links from the old thread: If you want to try some of gimmick game modes, http://www.saxtonhell.com/ runs a bunch and isn't annoying. http://tf2randomizer.com/ is also good place for randomizer (random class/random loadout).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Dr. Dos posted:

The Randomizer Server I sometimes play on (216.245.203.66:27015) has a new plugin where if you kill somebody with a crit, they get presented with 3 weapons for the same slot and can force you to spawn with one of them next life or do nothing.

It is cruel headshotting somebody and then being told you're getting a rocket jumper next round.

It is a nice feature he added, altho I find myself often skipping it because my choices end up being stuff like `Give them Rocket Launcher or a Minigun!` and I'd rather just not.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Awe, you saved my death for posterity.
I really liked that map, but then again I really like playing with nothing but knockback weaqpons which is why Doublecross with a Degreaser+Scorch Shot is my goto when I want to relax.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Otacon posted:

Fixed players standing on conduits in flag rooms

There goes yet another way to make 2fort fun.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Roger Explosion posted:

The Wrap Assassin isn't so bad. Scouts shouldn't be using their melee weapon as an actual melee weapon (unless you feel like suiciding into someone for a chance at that sweet, sweet Fish Kill) anyways, so it's nice to have something else ranged to hit with when your pistol is out of ammo.

Melee weapons are for taunt killing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7qHsXkq1Vk

Collateral Damage posted:

You can't call yourself a good anything until you get a domination using only taunt kills. :colbert: :colbert:

I've found pubbies don't like that.

duz fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 28, 2014

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Slime posted:

So it turns out strange scorch shots don't count kills by knocking people into things/pits. Valve, I ask you this question. How the gently caress else am I meant to get scorch shot kills? Damage? Have you tried killing people with that thing via regular old damage?

I put a killstreak part on mine and use it on double cross to hassle people from the roof of the sniper perch. Adding environmental kills to its counter would only improve that.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Air Strike: Rec + Beggars + Gunboats
Tide Turner: Rec + Targe + Booties
BASE Jumper: Rec + Buff + Sticky Jumper
Classic: Rec + Huntsman + Bazaar
Breadbox: 3xHeadgear

duz
Jul 11, 2005

oh man, conga is the best, everyone can join in and follow.

duz fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 19, 2014

duz
Jul 11, 2005

SkySteak posted:

Is scrap TF a good place to get low level junk items needed to make the new weps?

Yes, but not right now since everyone is.

duz fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 19, 2014

duz
Jul 11, 2005

awesmoe posted:

How are people getting the taunts? the store is closed how do I get the taunts?

Use the ingame store, not http://store.teamfortress.com/
Unless you are using that, then try again later, it's working fine here.

The new rocket launcher is kind of neat, encourages you to rocket jump before firing so you can get them out quicker.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Solumin posted:

A Tide Turner dropped for me :allears: It's like Christmas morning.
Good thing I didn't try to craft one!

Are new weapons more likely to drop?

Yeah, the working theory is that the less of something there is, the ever so slightly more likely it is to drop. So when something new gets added and there's zero so it drops quite a bit for a short period.

So nine ref gets you a bread box that currently sells for about a key and keys have hit 8.66, guess they'll level at nine.

duz fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jun 19, 2014

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Hey, my sandvich from the valve store arrived today, now I can throw it on the ground so others can gain health, or trip on it and fall.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

TheRamblingSoul posted:

What are some other current notable funhaver-type servers like Teufort Teuquick with good funhaving players and active during the day and night?

I'd rather not trawl through the server list only to end up on Furry Pony Pound Palace Server #36 with people blaring low-bitrate music through the mic.

[e]: Ideally embraces gimmicky gameplay like all Huntsman Snipers, all fists Heavies, etc.

http://tf2randomizer.com/ are fun and will have gimmick rounds on arena mode, but it's randomizer and not normal play.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

So enabling the full moon for a week alongside adding the Alien items must mean the scout set is holiday restricted, right? Not a big surprise there.

Yep, they're holiday restricted:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Fishbus posted:

I'm wondering when I can put hats on my sentry and dispensers. C'mon valve. Also sell extra cosmetic slots. Peace

A bunch of custom servers I play on added this mod recently and everyone loves it, Valve needs to make it official.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mr. Mojangles posted:

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SneLs34d6z4

TF2 is not a nice game for the vertically challenged.

People never look up, it's glorious.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

White Dog Eggs posted:

gently caress, I'd forgotten about that. A payload type map with the breadmonster chasing you would be pretty cool.

You heard it here first, plr_dogbread_event this year.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Well some people do have that patience (and spend the whole game C&D'd in some useless room)

Look, if valve didn't want me to C&D on top of an enemy dispenser and spam voice commands...

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Jippa posted:

But why would only that setting be overwritten? All the other ones stay the same.

That'd be the steam cloud overwritting your cfg.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

MrMoo posted:

Ooh, Yosemite has a new shortcut for Spotlight? In TF2 Ctrl + Space is for large jumps, if you tap Ctrl + Space you get the jump, but if you hold down Ctrl and then tap Space then Spotlight Search will popup. Argh.

Wait, people don't rebind space to always be crouch+jump?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Laputanmachine posted:

Shouldn't be too hard. Try going full demoknight and try to get a feel when the boss is about to die. Charge in and slash him. Tide Turner should make it easier. It might take a few tries to get the timing down. Remember, you don't have to be the very last guy hitting him with melee, just among the last ones.

I think it's the last five, but you also can't die which can make it tricky depending on how you do it.
Of course since it's tied to an achievement, you can just SAM it and get it that way.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Laputanmachine posted:

The presents drop in "first come, first serve" basis on 2011 so be warned.

They changed this retroactively, all presents are now just for you when it's your turn.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

When does the Halloween rubbish end? I can barely find any servers that run my favourite maps, because it's all this Halloween event map nonsense with dumb gimmicks. I just want to shoot the mans.

I think someone earlier in the thread said everything was tagged to expire Nov. 8th, so the day after.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Cool!

So, I thought it was just my mouse juttering at first but after giving Pyro and Loose Cannon a shot I'm pretty convinced that the Huntsman is messed up now. Which is a real shame because that's one of the easier ways to fight Merasmus. Anyone else having problems with the Huntsman?

If you hold it too long, the sniper's hand starts wobbling which means the arrow isn't going to go near where you're pointing it and you have to right click to reset it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

gnome7 posted:

Scouts just die the moment they come near it

Bad scouts maybe.

• Locked thread