Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1
Odds 807.1:1 ($1)
I really enjoy your LP style, so I'm looking forward to watching more videos.

I'm also looking forward to the inevitable death where you conk yourself on the head with the idol. I wish I could say I've only done that once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1

RBA Starblade posted:

Is it coincidence or is Spelunky actually based on the old NES game Spelunker? I never heard either way for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtIZJMTYIs

I don't know for sure but I'm fairly certain it's just coincidence. You don't see Spelunky guy dying from 1-inch falls, thankfully. He dies in much more manly ways, like being riddled with arrows and fighting off killer bees.

Smash Daisaku
Jul 12, 2008

Last Bet $15 on Player 1

The Protagonist posted:

I want to stop for a minute and point out just how many times Pysch just barely completely and utterly cheated death in the icecaves in this last video. Seriously. I should find the timestamps because you outta've died boy :clint:

e: yeah okay first ridiculousness is at 13:30 then again not even a minute later at 14:13 and then again at 15:40 you're just abysswalking through the chaos :what:

Cheating death to win is the name of the game in Spelunky. Really, anytime you anger the shopkeepers you're dancing with death anyways considering how erratic they are.

• Locked thread