Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh, this LP should be fun. This is one of my favorite Vita purchases, since it's perfect for just a few minutes of play at a time.

I guess Psych, the question I'm wondering is Damsel, Mansel, or Pug?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ahh, dark levels....screw dark levels. Great job with this video Psych.

And as was brought up in the last page of conversation, it seems in the remake that Boulder traps are very likely to be placed above shop keepers. Makes going for them less than inviting.

Could someone answer me a question. I was aware of the ghosts effects on gems, but does it do the same thing to idols?

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
The best part of this game has to be the random factor though. Sometimes, you'll die 15 times in the mines. Sometimes, you'll load up a run, and suddenly get further than you've ever gotten.

Yes. I did just have a first in getting to one of the areas that I'm sure will be covered later. Feels great. I really like this game.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Blackray Jack posted:

The damsel yells for help, the pug howls mournfully, and the mansel...quacks? At least that's always how I heard it.

He yells "Hey" at you.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I don't think they explode in classic or HD.

Maybe the trap spiked an exploding enemy and you didn't notice.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ahh the Worm. It's certainly a different sort of level. I personally feel those blocks that vanish when you damage them and then respawn are sort of a trap. It's so easy to have them spawn on you and instantly die.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
I really like the "my skin is crawling" level condition added in this version. It can either be a really challenging experience, or really easy depending on what combat options you have. Less annoying than darkness and fairly rewarding if you can kill all the giant spiders.

Enemy blood will also set off explosive crates.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Nov 10, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Let's see the secret boss, and of course, see the ending of that. I certainly haven't managed it yet.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Actually, that might be fun. Beat the game with Kali's second punishment.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

EightFlyingCars posted:

There are a couple of ways. If you have a lot of ropes or (preferably) the climbing gloves, you can drop almost all the way to the bottom of an ice level and let it dangle in the bottomless pit, which removes it from the game. You can also crush it under a block or drop it in lava.

Huh, didn't think about removing it with dangling it outside the level in the caves. I usually use the lava method if I survive that long.

This last video gave me a laugh when the first level of the temple had lava behind a shopkeeper's wall. This game, always taunting you.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ha ha. Didn't a person in this thread mention that death by moving shotgun while continuously bouncing on a spring. Well done Psych, well done.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Nice job Psych. I've only gotten to Hell a couple of times. As for the spinner spiders. They really are the easiest enemy in the game, but their inclusion at least provides some variety to "my skin is crawling" level condition.

Watching you play is interesting, since you move so much faster than me. Really impressive.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

FrickenMoron posted:

The AI likes to pick up everything it can and use it as a weapon. Of course that includes bombs. They also know they explode so they'll throw them away just in time!

I think this is pretty much it. The AI is very likely to pick up things if it doesn't have anything in it's hands. It doesn't realize it's a bomb until it picks it up. It knows to throw bombs before they blow up, but it doesn't care which way it throws it.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Steelpudding posted:

Psych, you treat damsels way too roughly. As in "DON'T THROW THE loving THING IN AN ICE CAVE!" roughly.

He'll start treating them gently when they stop being such effective projectile weapons.

Seriously, while you lose a few by throwing them around, being able to clear out annoying enemies with them is worth the trade off.

Edit: You can't believe the number of times I'll be careful with my damsel, only to get hit by a bat/spider/snake that got close because I didn't want to throw them. Frustrating.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 11, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Wind God Sety posted:

I believe damsels and the like have four health.

To be completely accurate they have three health. I have that ingrained in my mind since once I have the Kapala, I always bleed them.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Frocobo posted:

If that shopkeeper wanted to install a home defense system that didn't discriminate between baddies and actual customers, he DESERVES to have it turn on himself.

He may deserve it, but that still doesn't stop him from blaming you for his comeuppance. The most annoying random generations for me are when a shop spawns with a spitting cobra on the same level.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Damnit Psych, you aren't suppose to make the fight with King Yama look easy.

Well done, I have yet to ever beat Hell, so this was....well frankly I'm disappointed I couldn't beat it before you posted this video. But oh well, good job.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Mentioned before but, I love Gold!

Take the alien blaster to the City of Gold. Clean it out, even if you have to dodge the ghost for awhile to destroy the whole level.

Then beat Omek.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

frozentreasure posted:

Which isn't much of a ball and chain run at that point.

I should think doing Hell and Yama with the ball and chain would be enough of a challenge to qualify as a ball and chain run. Yama's fight requires a bit more movement in order to avoid death.
I suppose it would be doable if you had a ton of bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Wow. That some impressive play with Frozlunky there. To be honest with you, it doesn't look that enjoyable. Then again, I've only beaten the game normally a few times, so this is so beyond me.

Great LP Psych. Thanks for showing off the game in such detail.

• Locked thread