Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

Thanks bewbies. I've been eagerly anticipating this thread

Spoilers: The Texans will draft Johnny Football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

We play Derek Carr this weekend and I am terrified

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I want Jake Matthews on the Chargers so bad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Your team is going to have to go 0-9 to get a shot at Matthews.

Which is really possible

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

hahaha nah you're going to kick our rear end when we play you

I need to make a new Cry me a rivers comic with Rivers jumping on everyone's graves

Eli is going to utterly shred our secondary. It will not be pretty.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Benne posted:

University of Washington chat:

Keith Price has the athleticism and leadership to excite scouts, but i'm not convinced he will make it as an NFL quarterback. Steve Sarkisian stripped down the playbook this season to hide his weaknesses in the passing game, so most of his stats come from screens and designed running plays. As much as I've enjoyed watching him play, he doesn't possess the skills that make me feel like he'll contribute at the next level. A 3rd-4th round projection is way too generous.

Bishop Sankey might surprise people during his pre-draft workouts, but those people only haven't been paying attention. He makes up for his lack of size with elite vision and power. Good luck trying to tackle him in the open field. I think a 2nd round grade is fair for now. Whoever drafts him won't regret it.

Austin Seferian-Jenkins drew some red flags for his offseason DUI and quiet production this year, but I don't think NFL scouts will care about that when it's time to evaluate. Despite the down stats, he still measures up as arguably the best tight end in the country and his blocking seems to have improved this season. Easy first-round pick in my book.

Kasen Williams might end up as an UDFA. He showed flashes but hasn't done enough to live up to the recruiting hype. I'll be surprised if anyone drafts him.

Sean Parker has been one of the best players on the defense this year. He's too small to handle the load at safety in the NFL, but could carve out a niche as a solid nickel back. 6th-7th rounder.

Washington is rightfully mocked for its lack of success, but we still have our fair share of NFL talent. Donald Butler and Mason Foster are defensive leaders on their respective teams, Jake Locker seems to have gotten things together in his third year, and even Jermaine Kearse may have found some hands.

We have good talent, y'all. Too bad they will never see a Rose Bowl.

Donald Butler loving owns and I love him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I just hope the Texans draft Derek Carr

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ouroboros posted:

Regarding that year's draft; I only recently started following the NFL, but how on earth did Alex Smith end up going 1st overall that year? From everything I've seen NFL scouts seem to hugely favour QBs with the prototypical physical skills (big arm, quick release etc) that give them a high ceiling. How did someone like Smith who is regarded as a relatively weak armed game manager go above Aaron Rodgers, who has one of the best arms and best throwing mechanics of anyone in the league? I know Rodgers got to sit for a few years and Smith had a procession of offensive coordinators, but surely Rodgers had to be considered as someone with a higher ceiling?

Jeff Tedford

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Man, three years later and I still loving hate Blaine Gabbert

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Imagine if Megatron had someone other than Reggie Ball throwing to him in college

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LEGO Genetics posted:

Even if we did take Megatron, who the hell was going to throw to him?

Considering he had Reggie Ball in college, it doesn't matter who throws to him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

People also forget that the Chargers gave up like three first rounders to draft Leaf which further sank the franchise into the toilet and it took Marty and Tomlinson to drag them out of it.

Leaf also has worse statistical numbers than Jamarcus who for some reason was bad except when he played at Denver

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also Keenan Allen owns and is basically San Diego's new #1 WR and I'm glad we drafted him

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Drafting 3rd round prospects in the first, however, does not.

First round prospects in the third, however

:getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

If he keeps going at the pace he's at he's got an outside shot to break 1000 yards for the year, which is pretty impressive when you consider he basically didn't get on the field at all for the first 4 games of the season. I'm happy that the knee injury didn't end up holding him back in the pros and that he ended up on a team that I can feel good about rooting for him to succeed on.

Come to think of it, you could field a pretty ridiculous offense with former Cal players currently in the NFL right now.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB1: Marshawn Lynch
RB2: Shane Vereen
WR1: Desean Jackson
WR2: Keenan Allen
WR3: Marvin Jones
TE: Tony Gonzalez

You'd have to cheat a bit for the OL because only Mack, Schwartz, and De La Puente are starters right now, but for skill positions that'd be a pretty dominant unit.

IR: Jahvid Best

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Ugh, don't remind me. Best was one of the most exciting college players I've ever seen, every time he touched the ball there was a chance he'd juke about 8 guys on the way to taking it to the house. It's such a shame what happened to the poor guy.

I'm pretty sure he was on the Cal team that beat Oregon that one year, that was awesome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm still trying to figure out why the entirety of TFF loved Dan THE FEVER Lefevour a few years back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

Legedu Naanee is my go-to if we're talking about poo poo players with awesome names. It's just too much fun to say, so he couldn't be any good, because then you would say it too much and it would ruin the experience.

Seyi Ajirotutu :cool:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Marquise Lee owns really really hard

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Oh please let it be for the Vikings

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gendo posted:

The Vikings probably won't be picking first.

I can hope

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bhsman posted:

I'd rather trade down than spend TRIGGER WARNING, CHIEFS FANS: a top five pick on a right tackle when you can find one later in the draft.

Chargers took a RT at 12 and it owns

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

bhsman posted:

I mean, if the thought of Watt and Clowney/Barr rushing the passer together doesn't give you a literal erect penis with the potential I don't know what to tell you.

Because defense is the problem in Houston

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mariota has a loving canon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The hell are you talking about? Mariota is like a Kaepernik clone. poo poo, in a year Mariota's arm might be stronger than Cutler's.

I want to see a throw-off between Cutler and Jamarcus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A couple of attitude problems don't make Manzeil Ryan loving Leaf

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Rap posted:

I miss al

Me too

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Marquise Lee is going to rule so hard in the NFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Derek Carr is really good though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

San Diego needs to draft nothing but Linemen and corners

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

I want Marquise Lee so bad and it makes me feel dirty because I loving hate the Trojans.

We'll never get in range to draft him though so it's a moot point.

I want Lee and Allen on the same team :allears:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grozz Nuy posted:

I would think you would want some corners worth a drat first, but my fetish for drafting DBs is well documented.

We haven't picked a good corner in the first round in a decade, I have no reason to think that will change any time soon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Why does the team with the weaker SOS get the higher pick?

Because they have a bad record with an easier schedule. They theoretically have lost to worse teams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Texans are #1 because they lost H2H to the Jags

H2H has nothing to do with draft order

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Seriously? :stare:

I wonder why I thought it did

Yeah, draft order is all SOS based for non playoff teams with the same record

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

I only like Cardinals fans and Michigan State fans

:smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Regnevelc posted:

Dude, you have no idea what you're doing. Bears fans are the worst.

I went to Chicago for Bolts/Bears a couple years ago and all the Bears fans were fantastic

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nawid posted:

Raiders fans are the best. Maybe we were terrible at some point but 10+ years of not winning has really mellowed us out.

Nope

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Disillusionist posted:

Not since Carson Palmer, I don't think.

Eli didn't either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chiefs fans talking about thieir 2014 draft like their season is over is infuriating.

Anyways, San Diego needs a little bit of everything. Corner, OLB, and left tackle should be the priority.

• Locked thread