Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!

Quicksilver6 posted:

Sometimes this can be hilarious - one guy was so infamous he kept getting shuttled around projects for his amazing ability to instantly break a game when everyone else swore up and down it worked perfectly.

I was that guy at one of my QA jobs. I still smile at the thought of one of the project leads sputtering "How- what- you son of a bitch!" when I was able to bring the "Pretty solid by this point" build to its knees inside two minutes. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Quicksilver6 posted:

It's been a few years and I don't have the list, but you've got the general idea: inconsistent and hard to reproduce Class B (gameplay affecting) and a lot more class C (noticeable but cosmetic) stuff that ended up in reviews like Yahtzee's, where the sound cut out suddenly in the middle of a rather important boss fight. Other stuff: subtitles suddenly refusing to disappear, clipping errors, camera errors, inconsistent game impediments, that kind of thing. Nothing to break the game permanently or crash your console - that's class A and you can't release if you can reproduce it consistently. It's just those things that makes reviewers dock points because "no one cared". Obviously that wasn't the case, there was a lot of effort put into this thing on all sides - time just ran out for the dev team with other stuff coming down the pipe.

Ah yes, I've seen most of those issues, some of them even made it into the videos (like the "Watch iiiiiiiit!" subtitle in the third level that always stays on screen until you die), but as stated, they've very rarely been more than a second or two worth of mild distraction. It's incredible how badly reviewers couldn't see the forest for the trees here, but Wikipedia says that at least one professional review criticized the loving voice acting, which goes to show that the mainstream media wouldn't have liked this game even if it reached through the screen and stuffed their orifices with splattermoney.

Quicksilver6 posted:

Also, as some of you have noted, the problem with bugs is that it's really hard to know how to reproduce them sometimes - some testers had ungodly luck with triggering just everything wrong with a game and others would just cruise straight on through, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. No idea why. Sometimes this can be hilarious - one guy was so infamous he kept getting shuttled around projects for his amazing ability to instantly break a game when everyone else swore up and down it worked perfectly.

I was gonna ask if there were any actions I should avoid so as not to provoke any of the more malicious glitches while recording, but it's no surprise that they're so inconsistent. There's only been two I've been able to do on command: doing a charge attack while a cutscene starts to make in play in slow motion, and holding a direction while a 2D section starts to make Rick run toward the camera.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Finally got a chance to catch up on the most recent update. The lovecraft vibe is certainly only escalating. Also, regarding the journal, if you think the bit about a wickerman is a reference to the Nick Cage film about bees then you are a fool. Finally, did anyone else notice the interchange where the mask wasn't really talking to Rick when he was talking about masks and games?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So... guess what came in the post today?

Ta-dah!

It has some useful info in it, stuff like weapon durability, enemy health and so on, along with the long-awaited enemy and boss names and some snippets of concept art/renders. Nothing too spectacular, but it'll make Fiendly's life a hell of a lot easier. I don't have a scanner, sadly, but I'll try and provide some relevant pics when needed. I'll also try and compile an update of some of the stuff we've seen so far. For example, the thing we thought was the Mother Boreworm is sadly just known as the Guardian Worm in the book. No good pics of her either, so I can't confirm whether or not she does indeed have tits.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Fiendly posted:

Ah yes, I've seen most of those issues, some of them even made it into the videos (like the "Watch iiiiiiiit!" subtitle in the third level that always stays on screen until you die), but as stated, they've very rarely been more than a second or two worth of mild distraction. It's incredible how badly reviewers couldn't see the forest for the trees here, but Wikipedia says that at least one professional review criticized the loving voice acting, which goes to show that the mainstream media wouldn't have liked this game even if it reached through the screen and stuffed their orifices with splattermoney.

Really? The voice acting? The bad guy and girlfriend aren't going to set the world on fire in voice acting world but hearing Darkwing Duck ranting about killing things, blood, and disembowelment is pretty great.

The Marquis
Apr 19, 2013
Man, Jim Cummings is definitely channeling his Pegleg Pete voice in some of those lines. It's especially noticeable in some of his laughs.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I always wondered why more ultraviolent video games didn't take advantage of metal bands for better soundtracks. The blast beats hold my attention for a while, but the gameplay certainly isn't...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Just saw this elsewhere and figured people might be interested (possible spoilers):

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?47356-Splatterhouse-Remastered

Some dude is "remastering" the X360 version of the game by fixing a ton of bugs and restoring/implementing a bunch of broken, incomplete and unused content. You'll need a modded console to play it once it's done, but still, neat.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just saw this elsewhere and figured people might be interested (possible spoilers):

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?47356-Splatterhouse-Remastered

Some dude is "remastering" the X360 version of the game by fixing a ton of bugs and restoring/implementing a bunch of broken, incomplete and unused content. You'll need a modded console to play it once it's done, but still, neat.

:gizz:

That sounds FANTASTIC, hope this project is finished.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

GetWellGamers posted:

I was that guy at one of my QA jobs. I still smile at the thought of one of the project leads sputtering "How- what- you son of a bitch!" when I was able to bring the "Pretty solid by this point" build to its knees inside two minutes. :v:

There is, or used to be 12 years ago, a place in Virginia called Wallops Island near the coast. It was a fairly unremarkable place except for the small NASA base and the superstructure of a Ticonderoga-class Cruiser in the middle of marsh. Attached to the superstructure and partly built around half of it was the lab in which they designed and tested the SPY-1 Phased Array Radar and it associated software. I was one of a handful of lucky individuals who got to go to the flagship class for the baselin 7.1 build of the AEGIS Combat System and the brand spanking new Q-70A consoles which sported such improvements as color and real buttons! No seriously the old consoles didn't have buttons they had pseudobuttons in which you jammed your finger into a tiny hole and broke the light beam. Seriously.

Anyway myself and a friend of mine became very familiar with these consoles very quickly. We were told that the baseline 7.1 system was extremely stable and that we were to try and crash it. The first time we tried, after three weeks of incredibly boring classes on the operation and science behind everything, took is fifteen minutes. The QA guys just stood there with their little clipboards and their jaws open. My boss laughed at them and said, "Well sure you made it foolproof, but you didn't make it sailorproof." Crashing the system meant an hour or two of reloads to bring everything back up. It eventually became our way of going back to the barracks early.

We found so many bugs and glitches in the two weeks we were given to break that thing over our knee it filled three very thick binders.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
QA/Software testing is the worst. In my last job, part of it was to report on any bugs encountered before the new tool went live. Literally hundreds of pages of reports, a few dozen issues popping up daily.

Management finally came back and said "If you people don't stop finding issues with the new software, it won't ever go live."

loving duh.

Unfortunately that turned out to be an empty threat. It was implemented with pretty much none of the bugs addressed.:(

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010

CzarChasm posted:

QA/Software testing is the worst. In my last job, part of it was to report on any bugs encountered before the new tool went live. Literally hundreds of pages of reports, a few dozen issues popping up daily.

Management finally came back and said "If you people don't stop finding issues with the new software, it won't ever go live."

loving duh.

Unfortunately that turned out to be an empty threat. It was implemented with pretty much none of the bugs addressed.:(

Honestly, this kind of thing is a "mileage varies" kind of situation in the sense it really depends on the company.

My older brother work as a QA for Blizzard and they take bugs VERY seriously. As an example, during this past BlizCon they had a bug in a build for their new game Hero's of the Storm on the first day of the con and instead of him working the show floor like originally scheduled, he got pulled to work on that. It took several hours, but they figured it out and had the programmers work on it immediately and they pushed it out the next day with said problem fixed, or at least a work around till they could fix it properly, I don't remember.

Regardless, if a company really cares they fix bugs, not complain they can't get new software out to the masses to make more money.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I just started playing the Devil May Cry reboot and the very first thing that happened when I started playing was Dante got frozen in place and the game had to be restarted, which Splatterhouse has never done to me. Obviously this is just a single case that proves nothing, it's just funny that the game notorious for glitches has gone dozens of hours without giving me as big a problem as the much better reviewed action game remake of the same console generation did in mere moments.

And if you're wondering why I'm playing DmC instead of the game I'm LPing, it's because I was sick, but I'm finally over that, I just need to find some time to record. Updates are impending, I assure you.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Fiendly posted:

I just started playing the Devil May Cry reboot and the very first thing that happened when I started playing was Dante got frozen in place and the game had to be restarted

I played through the whole game without a single issue, shame you had some issues chief. Looking forward to those updates!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Since the enemy is a re-animator reference, seek out the audio version of "Herbert West-Reanimator" read by Jeffrey Combs, it's dope.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Vincent posted:

Since the enemy is a re-animator reference, seek out the audio version of "Herbert West-Reanimator" read by Jeffrey Combs, it's dope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htLpEDAXbqI
Mildly related.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Holy poo poo! don't sleep on this, people.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

What if Herbert West was in a Jewish musical?

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
SPLATTERHOUSE 2

We're finally back in the classic canon with Splatterhouse 2!

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

That's super impressive, and I didn't even know that the game was only "Half done" when it was released.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
The "grandma face" reminded me of something else

e: I don't know if anyone else sees it but we watched Waiting for Guffman again a couple nights ago so that's my excuse

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
In regards to the content warning label, Sega introduced a rating system of its own shortly before the formation of the ESRB, called the Videogame Rating Council. It was actually one of the big stones they threw at Nintendo during the Night Trap/Doom/Mortal Kombat congressional hearings, saying their system was better and more american than Nintendo's flat-out censorship. It also only lasted a little bit more than a year before the ESRB was formed, so its purpose wound up being largely political in the end.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

While that may be, Splatterhouse 2 was actually before that system was even in place. It just had a warning by Namco or Sega saying it was a graphic game. I want to say 3 had the Sega brand rating on it. This game was a little early to catch the ire of the censors. However, it being one of those rare games that hops brands between installments, not to mention the first one being on the far more rare Turbografix-16 meant less people got the game because they hadn't played the first. That it's a balls-hard game didn't do it any favors either, so it remained relatively obscure when the poo poo hit the fan up on capital hill.

Meanwhile, there's not a whole lot of movie connections to speak of. The flying fish make me think of Pirhana 2, James Cameron's first film. I still say flying blades might reference House, and the pinking shears reinforce this. Also there's a whole slew of killer baby/fetus films out there, though the It's Alive! trilogy comes to the forefront.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Just got around to reading the guy's notes about this project and it's really incredible. I would loooooove to LP this version of the game if it ever gets finished and if I ever am able to play it. Either way, it's great to know about all this stuff, it's impressively ambitious.

IrvingWashington posted:

The "grandma face" 2.0

Glorious. Looks like there's another Splatterhouse game in need of a fan revision.

GetWellGamers posted:

In regards to the content warning label, Sega introduced a rating system of its own shortly before the formation of the ESRB, called the Videogame Rating Council. It was actually one of the big stones they threw at Nintendo during the Night Trap/Doom/Mortal Kombat congressional hearings, saying their system was better and more american than Nintendo's flat-out censorship. It also only lasted a little bit more than a year before the ESRB was formed, so its purpose wound up being largely political in the end.

Choco1980 posted:

While that may be, Splatterhouse 2 was actually before that system was even in place. It just had a warning by Namco or Sega saying it was a graphic game. I want to say 3 had the Sega brand rating on it. This game was a little early to catch the ire of the censors. However, it being one of those rare games that hops brands between installments, not to mention the first one being on the far more rare Turbografix-16 meant less people got the game because they hadn't played the first. That it's a balls-hard game didn't do it any favors either, so it remained relatively obscure when the poo poo hit the fan up on capital hill.

I looked it up after GetWell brought it up and indeed Splatterhouse 2 predates the Videogame Rating Council by one year, which is probably why it's commonly called the first game to ever have a warning on the box. I've been greatly curious about the specifics regarding this for years, glad to finally have gotten to the bottom of it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
There are around 3 versions of the intro with Jennifer, each having different screams and one of her not asking for help.

I think the first boss can be easily beaten by being right in front of it where its spit flies over you. You might have to kick it to death by being that close.

That elevator can be cheesed by being a little left of where the mimi on the left side falls and punch before it falls on your arm. Your fist seems to have a large vertical hitbox.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 27, 2014

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Fiendly posted:

If I was correct about the Death Bed reference in the second episode, this actually might not be that improbable a reference. As bad as this movie sounds, at least they tried to justify using microwaves for murder, unlike the much more recent Last House On The Left remake where a guy's head was put in a counter-top microwave with the door open for six seconds before it exploded...

The bed could also be a reference to Hellraiser 2, though I've never seen Death Bed, so it was just the only thing that came to mind.

EDIT: The creature lying upon it reminds me of the exploding diner in Monty Python's Meaning of Life, as well, though that's not a horror movie. It is a fairly gory scene at least.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 27, 2014

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
The killer fetuses might be a reference to Cronenberg's The Brood, although I'm pretty sure there weren't any demonic-baby-hangings in that movie.

Another reason I've heard for the perceived reduction in goriness is that the arcade machines' more powerful processors could have more objects on-screen at once, so enemies could explode into actual pieces instead of having a simple death animation. If you compare the original Splatterhouse's level 1 to the Turbografix/PC-Engine version, the console version is practically sterile, whereas the arcade version was literally carpeted with moving corpses.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Nah, The Brood has killer toddler/kindergarteners, not fetuses. It's an uh, an angry movie. Cronenberg was going through a nasty divorce/custody battle at the time and threw a lot of personal details into the film.

Also, another thing-Splatterhouse 2 was hardly the first game to get a violence warning on it. I want to say the Atari Texas Chainsaw Massacre game holds that honor...you actually play as Leatherface chopping up teens! NOTE: this is Atari, so nowhere near as exciting as it sounds.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Well I probably could have helped you out with some kind of color commentary on these videos but I just got pointed here by Choco, haha. Still, the reboot was great fun even with the flaws, which I am fully aware of. I really need to get one of those little Terror Mask maquettes, tho'.

Gonna have fun checking this out when I get home. :)

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
I may have need of more co-commentators at some point, so it's definitely good to know there's possible interest. Glad Choco has continued to be a walking recommendation thread (he turned me on to the Hellboy LP earlier in the thread). By the way, his Silent Hill: Mobile SSLP is really good, everyone. Anyway...

Here's a video I've been sitting on for a while because I didn't want to post two consecutive classic episodes, but I'm sick once again and can't record anything else, so here ya go!

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know how true this is, since it's probably another one of those playground lies from the 90's, but I remember hearing before that if you hit the guy with every single one of those potions, there's an alternate end of the stage. I think it was either he turns into a monster, or he burns alive, or melts into something special.

Again, no idea if any of it is true at all, but I swear I heard there was something different for it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Aw shucks, you guys are making me blush. Speaking of people being modest, the reason I directed Caitlin over here is because she's as of last November the World Record holder for the original Arcade Splatterhouse. I'll let her give any details people want.

Now then, back to my dayjob in the thread of pointing out missed references. There's not a lot even going on in this set of levels, and half the references were called out already. That said, the zombie design reminds me strikingly of C.H.U.D.s, at least from the first film. (The second film is nothing like the first, and may be the first (flesh-eating) zombie comedy, though it's not very good). The zombie scientist meanwhile is, as said, Dr. Mueller, said in the game lore to own the house. However, this does remind me of Fulci's House by the Cemetery, in which a family moves into a house in which the previous owner, Dr. Freudstein (yes, really) lurks down in the basement, in zombie form.

That's all I really have, though the bringing up of the first House movie does compel me to bring up a private theory I have that I know a couple other people around the web have mentioned as well. The game Dr. Chaos, which first hit in Japan on the Famicom Disc System in 86, and the next year on the NES, has a strange handful of coincidence and suspicious enemy designs to make me strongly suspect that the game started out as an adaptation of House, only to later change quite a bit. You're exploring a big mansion with portals that lead you to jungle areas in search of a lost relative, and of the 3 monsters that pop out at you in the mansion portion of the game, two of them look almost inarguably like the soldier-zombie and the ex-wife monster from the film. :iiam:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, seeing Splatterhouse II, it strikes me as weird that The Darkness is basically following the same game-to-game arc.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Fiendly posted:

I may have need of more co-commentators at some point, so it's definitely good to know there's possible interest.

I've done some co-commenting with Gatz for Breakdown and Binary Domain. I'm down to help. :3:

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Glazius posted:

So, seeing Splatterhouse II, it strikes me as weird that The Darkness is basically following the same game-to-game arc.

I've noted a ton of similarities between this series and The Darkness, but I hadn't caught that one. Jenny's soul just makes for a great incentive to hosts of malignant forces, I guess.

Vicissitude posted:

I've done some co-commenting with Gatz for Breakdown and Binary Domain. I'm down to help. :3:

I really liked those LPs! I was actually just coyly hinting at some bonus videos I have planned when I said that, the details of which should be posted early this week.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
BONUS: West Mansion Lobby Arena
Edit: Playlist of songs used in the video

Here's what I've been teasing, the first of the game's Survival Arenas with the soundtrack hand-picked by me and guest commentary from Kaboom Dragoon. I'd like to do similar videos for the remaining nine arenas with rotating guest commentators, so if you'd like to volunteer for that you can do so here in the thread or by adding me on Skype (I'm FiendlySA). Future videos will be just the S-Rank runs and will be about the same length since S-Ranks take much longer on later arenas. I'd like to get started on these shortly after the next remake update is posted and do one arena per update from then on.

Also, Caitlin, if my horrible playing of the classic series hasn't scared you away from this thread forever, I was wondering if you had a link to that record-setting run. That's definitely something I'd like to see and link to in the thread's bonus content post!

Fiendly fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 20, 2014

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.
Nice pick of The Black Dahlia Murder. I had a chance to see them live last year and they were killer, and they were a great introduction to the heavier metal genres for my girlfriend. She wanted to see Dethklok, and I was excited for TBDM, Machine Head and All That Remains as well.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I saw that show when they ran through Detroit too. Great sets.

The only reference that seems at ALL possible for "Dead on the Rise" I could find (thanks for totally calling me out on it, ya jerks) is that the line appears in the song "Apocalypse Now" by The Transplants, but I find that unlikely. It's probably just a zombie type thing. Jason Schmason can't possibly be relating to anything, could it? And shame on you for not picking up the Too much Horror Business reference. And I'm going to guess that we can all figure out the "creepy show" one too.

In case Caitlin doesn't come back or see your request, Here's her world record video she posted after I asked her about it in the Post Your Picture thread over in PYF. I hope I'm not stealing your thunder by posting that Caitlin! :ohdear:

Regarding Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, they haven't made that many films together actually. By my count, they worked together on the first Re-Animator, From Beyond, Dolls, Honey, I shrunk the Kids! (They co-wrote that!) The first Dentist movie, and Dagon, and those 6 are it. IIRC they've been trying for years to get a fourth Re-Animator movie off the ground, House of the Re-Animator which supposedly was going to have the President (played by William H. Macy! ) die and the government covertly hires Drs West and Cain to bring him back. You can assume the chaos this would bring. Also, I have shame as I've only seen about half of each of their filmographies. I even have Stuck sitting on my shelf in blu-ray form and have yet to watch it.

cbx
Dec 4, 2007

Smasher Dynamo's assistant of the Super-League.

Choco1980 posted:

I saw that show when they ran through Detroit too. Great sets.

The only reference that seems at ALL possible for "Dead on the Rise" I could find (thanks for totally calling me out on it, ya jerks) is that the line appears in the song "Apocalypse Now" by The Transplants, but I find that unlikely. It's probably just a zombie type thing. Jason Schmason can't possibly be relating to anything, could it? And shame on you for not picking up the Too much Horror Business reference. And I'm going to guess that we can all figure out the "creepy show" one too.

In case Caitlin doesn't come back or see your request, Here's her world record video she posted after I asked her about it in the Post Your Picture thread over in PYF. I hope I'm not stealing your thunder by posting that Caitlin! :ohdear:

Regarding Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna, they haven't made that many films together actually. By my count, they worked together on the first Re-Animator, From Beyond, Dolls, Honey, I shrunk the Kids! (They co-wrote that!) The first Dentist movie, and Dagon, and those 6 are it. IIRC they've been trying for years to get a fourth Re-Animator movie off the ground, House of the Re-Animator which supposedly was going to have the President (played by William H. Macy! ) die and the government covertly hires Drs West and Cain to bring him back. You can assume the chaos this would bring. Also, I have shame as I've only seen about half of each of their filmographies. I even have Stuck sitting on my shelf in blu-ray form and have yet to watch it.

We probably stood next to each other and didn't even know it. If you're a local, I'll sneak you into a Tigers game sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

cbx posted:

Nice pick of The Black Dahlia Murder. I had a chance to see them live last year and they were killer, and they were a great introduction to the heavier metal genres for my girlfriend. She wanted to see Dethklok, and I was excited for TBDM, Machine Head and All That Remains as well.

I got into TBDM myself because I was going to see them live a few Mayhem Fests back and they've stuck with me in a big way because they're awesome. Theirs are some of the most grisly and horrific lyrics outside of genres that have "gore" in the name, too (Here are the lyrics to the song from the video, just be ready to take a shower after you read them).

Choco1980 posted:

I liked Dragoon's guess that it's a Dead Rising reference, but yeah, I can't say anything for sure about it. Had I known that Misfits song, I'd have stuck it in the video over the other horror punk song I used. Ah well, missed opportunity.

Choco1980 posted:

Oh god, the end of that run is so great. I also noticed some very slight sound differences between this legit arcade version and the one emulated on the 360, so that was interesting.

Choco1980 posted:

I remember Stuart Gordon saying something with regards to House Of Re-Animator to the effect of it being pointless to make a political satire in 2010 when Bush was long out of office, to which I have long said, gently caress that! Get the band back together and make up for Beyond Re-Animator already!

I've made a playlist of songs used in the arena video in case anyone wants to hear them uninterrupted, and I've taken the opportunity to nerd out a bit about each band in the playlist notes.

• Locked thread