Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I'm surprised about how limiting the player to upgrading only after the first stage was over seems; I mean it's fine to maybe be handicapped for the first half of the first stage, but some of the fights that you are forced into (especially near the start) weren't really tutorials so much as just aggravating it seems. I'm wondering though, you might have explained it and I missed it, but does the healing move cost blood? Or can you only do it at low health?

I also can't quite tell what student would look at the house of Dr. West and go, 'Yeah, that seems like the place I want to go.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Would the boss fight have been easier if more points were spent on fighting moves rather than health, or would it still have just been a slog to whittle down it's health (and be forced to redo the exact same phase at the end...yeesh, that was so tedious).

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

tomanton posted:

I could be wrong about this but it's bugging me, the music for the chapel boss fight in the classic Splatterhouse sounds so dang familiar. Is it original or is there some classical piece it's based off of? I could swear I've heard something really like it before.
It seems like it could be an original song, though the name is oddly similar to 'When the saints come marching in': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8WfsrthvM and also a not too bad rendition of it on guitar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_VIkCqrHr0

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It's amazing that both this game and Ninja Gaiden Kaiba had demonic, monster clowns that break dance...and this one clearly had the superior enemy even though it's the same thing. Now I know clowns are pretty much the antithesis of fun, but when did it become such a generic, edgy joke to want to murder clowns?

• Locked thread