Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

AwkwardKnob posted:

My first reaction to the announcement of the Obama introduction was scorn, like "Oh, here comes the President to ride the coat-tails of a bunch of dedicated people who really gave it their all to make this new series. Okay, I guess." Granted, Obama himself isn't directly setting science budgets in the country - that's more of a Congressional task - but it does feel a little disingenuous considering how much scientific funding is getting slashed in this country. Feels like Presidential lip-service to those who are informed about current affairs, but at least his introduction might inspire somebody young. That's really the point here, isn't it?
I know this isn't D&D, but as someone "informed about current affairs," maybe you should take a look at the President's proposed budget before deciding that cuts in education and science spending are somehow his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread