Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

counterfeitsaint posted:

So if I want to watch this online are my only real options Hulu Plus?

That would be pretty funny because the premier is going to be on 10 US channels today and 220 channels internationally. I'm not kidding. It's going to be playing on Fox Sports 1, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Damo posted:

Holy crap this thread is already managing to be as poo poo as the True Detective thread after a single episode.

People complaining about this show not focusing only on space are dumb, and obviously have never seen the original cosmos, and don't understand that this show isn't a loving documentary about space, but more about science in general with a slight focus on astronomical poo poo. The original cosmos' focus was identical. It was an all-encompassing show about the history of science and what it means to humanity, basically.

People complaining about how this show isn't telling them anything they don't know don't realize this isn't written for people who are avid readers or students of science, but for laymen who generally don't expose themselves to poo poo like this.

Also, classic examples of people complaining as they are watching the show, about poo poo that they are wrong about because they missed something while liveposting, or because it just hasn't been covered yet in the episode or future episodes.

Complaining about the spaceship stuff, again, did you watch the original cosmos? It's a great narrative tool to tie together a show that goes from the big bang to the end of the universe.

Goons are seriously the worst. Good loving lord. Just watch the show and enjoy it for what it is, an entry level view of science for the layman of 2014. Or complain about it on the internet while you are watching it and missing half of the show while you are writing stupid posts, I guess. Also, Seth MacFarlane did family guy so he sucks lolololol.

I enjoyed the first episode more than I thought I would, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Can you please actually quote the people you are angry at rather than just be angry at a cosmos-watching strawman? That's generally how discussions work. I don't think anyone, including those "terrible" goons you're vaguely angry at, cares for vacant metacommentary about the thread and anger at a mythical goon Frankenstein monster cobbled together from chunks of different posts. Even if it's well-founded, it's useless, selfish, egotistical commentary.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

I enjoyed the part about the Voyager record. So here is something about the song that was playing during that scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2HzHSeV9v8

• Locked thread