Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Ya'll gotta like, quit judging this thing minute-by-minute. Just watch and enjoy. I'm enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Narcissus1916 posted:

And I loving loved this hour of television. Seriously, y'all are pissed because of COMMERCIALS. loving goons, they're called DVRs. Or, they're called "things that allow us to justify a show's budget that's larger than a thimble".

I don't think people were upset with commercials because they hate being advertise to or whatever, but because the 5 minutes breaks in the show does lessen the grandness of the subject matter. It doesn't bother me because I understand that commercials are necessary for this sort of production & broadcast from a major network, but I understand why people are bugged that as they're getting into contemplating the observable universe they're sucked back into thinking about delivery pizza.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Whatisnotrue posted:

Also, as a side note: I think this show has been getting successively better with every episode. But that's just me...

It has been, tonight's episode was the best so far.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Taffer posted:

This episode was pretty all over the place. And the weird out of place lovely raytraced inner workings of photosynthesis was a really jarring transition from the normally amazing vfx shots this show has, and was really confusing and unclear to boot. I'm not even sure why it was put in.

Yeah that's the only thing during the entire series so far that looked ugly and felt unfocused to me. I think I would have preferred Neil standing in front of a chalkboard for 15 minutes instead of watching whatever the hell that photosynthesis segment was trying to show.

It was jarring too because all the other visual effects up to that point have been trying to faithfully recreate physics and events to the best of our imagination/understanding, but that scene said gently caress it and went with showing tiny gears and conveyor belts inside of a plant cell, and that's in addition to the graphics from 1997. If you removed Neil's narration and showed the double helix DNA sequence next to that photosynthesis sequence you would be sure they came from two different programs.

• Locked thread