Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I would be very surprised to see a renewal for The Following. Which is to say that it's getting renewed.

It is ending next year as a creative decision and there are some very embarrassed executives responsible for keeping it on the air another season. To be perfectly frank I think it's probable that it gets a Friday timeslot in the Fall where it can continue to decay until they run out of episodes, which I'm sure they're hoping happens by midseason.

And Family Guy's remaining episodes will air and I'm sure there are plenty already done. It's their top-rated Sunday show and one of their top 5 overall (if I'm not mistaken).

It usually is. It and The Simpsons actually do still jockey back and forth between top for Sunday. Family Guy might be in the lead, but if it is, it's probably a negligible one. One thing that can be said about Fox is that they are one of the few(only) channels with cartoons on at primetime, and those cartoons are successful.

Deadpool posted:

CW renewed Beauty and the Beast. There are no words.

Teek posted:

Yeah, WTF. That's after they pushed it back on the schedule to summer airing. Does it have some insane international love or someting?

They also renewed Hart of Dixie and The 100.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/beauty-and-the-beast-renewed-by-the-cw/261847/

The Carrie Diaires, Star-Crossed and The Tomorrow People were cancelled.

Gave greenlights to The Flash, iZombie, Jane the Virgin and The Messengers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/08/the-cw-greenlights-the-flash-izombie-jane-the-virgin-the-messengers/261858/

Supernatural Bloodlines was NOT picked up. Wonder if we'll get a follow up next season on Supernatural to possibly pick up the dangling plot threads from that episode.

That B&B keeps trucking is one thing. But Hart of Dixie!? Wasn't it pulling like, .2s?
And a cancellation for TTP as well? CW is weird man. Is this the year where the meek inherit the TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I think Hart of Dixie was one of those situations where it got a season 3, and needs at least some number of season 4 episodes for syndication. Preferably a full season, but there was talk it might be a Nikita like smaller order.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Teek posted:

I think Hart of Dixie was one of those situations where it got a season 3, and needs at least some number of season 4 episodes for syndication. Preferably a full season, but there was talk it might be a Nikita like smaller order.

Who exactly syndicates these shows? I mean, the only shows I've ever seen rebroadcast are ones that were relatively popular during their original runs. Are there really networks out there that are chomping at the bit to pick up shows that limped across the goal-line, barely pulling .3 each night?

Baronash fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 9, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

JohnSherman posted:

Who exactly syndicates these shows? I mean, the only shows I've ever seen rebroadcast are ones that were relatively popular during their original runs. Are there really networks out there that are chomping at the bit to pick up shows that limped across the goal-line, barely pulling .3 each night?

I don't know either. Aside from the people who keep citing them, nobody really cares about syndication benchmarks anymore because cable channels and streaming services will buy the rights to anything as long as they're cheap enough. That being said, someone at the CW did the math and figured out Hart of Dixie would make them more money than any hypothetical shows they had in the pipeline, so it was renewed. There's nothing more to it than that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JohnSherman posted:

Lifetime.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know either. Aside from the people who keep citing them, nobody really cares about syndication benchmarks anymore because cable channels and streaming services will buy the rights to anything as long as they're cheap enough. That being said, someone at the CW did the math and figured out Hart of Dixie would make them more money than any hypothetical shows they had in the pipeline, so it was renewed. There's nothing more to it than that.

The point isn't that it won't get syndicated, it's that shows with super low episode counts get super bad (for the studio) syndication deals

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

What do we know about the Mulaney sitcom that is apparently coming this fall? He is my favorite comedian, so I have high hopes, but I haven't really heard anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OctoberBlues posted:

What do we know about the Mulaney sitcom that is apparently coming this fall? He is my favorite comedian, so I have high hopes, but I haven't really heard anything.

It's a multi-cam sitcom on Fox starring John Mulaney, Martin Short, Nasim Pedrad, Elliot Gould, and Zack Pearlman. He plays an aspiring comedian that's working for a former big time comedian that now hosts a game show (Martin Short).

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Occupation posted:

Chris McKenna possibly ironitweeting (coined it) about Community being cancelled, then immediately walking it back leads me to be unnecessarily concerned over Community's chances

I mean, logically if Community was gonna be cancelled we should've heard about it already, but I'm still mega worried.

ToastyPotato posted:

NBC gains nothing from cancelling Community at this point. They could at the very least give them a reduced season, but for what? They have nothing to put there. Nothing they put there will cost less AND get more viewers at this rate.

Welp http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/five-seasons-and-a-movie-nbc-cancels-community

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Also Dad is Blind and Revolution have been axed. NBC renewed Hannibal and About a Boy.

ABC cancelled Super Fun Night, Suburgatory, The Neighbors, Trophy Wife, and Mixology.

We're still waiting on the following shows:

The dead yet to be buried
Betrayal, Bad Teacher, Friends with Better Lives, Hostages, Intelligence, Believe, Crisis, Dracula

The toss-ups
The Crazy Ones, Nashville, Parenthood, The Mentalist, Last Man Standing

The do what now?
Family Guy

We'll know the outcomes for everything by the end of the day except perhaps Family Guy.

Occupation posted:

gently caress

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

gently caress

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also Deadpool give me my trip report toxx, also shups I'll need your suggested av change

it'll take me a coupla weeks because I'm short on cash atm but I'll do it ASAP

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
There is dim hope that someone else might pick it up, but it is very dim. I mean I would say it is definitely dead on TV, but maybe one of the streaming services might pick it up for a short season.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

ToastyPotato posted:

There is dim hope that someone else might pick it up, but it is very dim. I mean I would say it is definitely dead on TV, but maybe one of the streaming services might pick it up for a short season.

This is something tailor-made to boost the brand of a Hulu or a Netflix. I mean come on, Netflix just gave The Killing another season. THE KILLING.

With the success they have enjoyed with Arrested Development I can't imagine they aren't at least in talks with Sony.

Occupation posted:

I would have had something prepared but I honestly didn't think this would happen so it'll be a minute for me as well.

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 9, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Happy Endings also had hope of being moved and look how that ended. :argh:

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

ABC cancelled Super Fun Night, Suburgatory, The Neighbors, Trophy Wife, and Mixology.
Super Fun Night was awful or I just didn't "get" it.
Suburgatory lost it's way from it's original premise.
The Neighbors was put into the Friday death slot despite being a very fun and quirky show. Toks needs more work immediately!

... and Mixology was D.O.A. from the very first episode.

None of these axes surprise me really.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Also I reread the rules of the toxx and whoops you get name AND avatar change privileges SHUPS.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Occupation posted:

Also Deadpool give me my trip report toxx, also shups I'll need your suggested av change

I'll definitely have to think on it. I mean as a Toxx it should be bad, but it shouldn't be so bad that you just give up on it and take a ban. That's no fun.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Zedd posted:

Happy Endings also had hope of being moved and look how that ended. :argh:

They were in talks with USA and that fell through. It probably also didn't seem worth it at the time for Netflix or anyone else to bother. Which is a shame because at this point I would almost rather Happy Endings was saved than Community (I feel Community has run its course, but I would like it to get a definite ending.)

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Deadpool posted:

I'll definitely have to think on it. I mean as a Toxx is should be bad, but it shouldn't be so bad that you just give up on it and take a ban.

Believe me, I won't eat a ban, this is my time for ~e-fame~

Plus I strongly believe TVIV should do more stuff like this in general, tviv gets too...not fun frequently. Be the change you wanna see and all that.

Also SHUPS: this is how it feels, huh.

ed: Also eating a ban over not watching TV is maybe the gooniest poo poo ever invented. I don't want to be the gooniest.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Occupation posted:

Also SHUPS: this is how it feels, huh.

I'm working on something where you get to keep your custom text. Chin up.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

No six seasons and a movie for you!
So what comedies does NBC have left? P&R, About a Boy, and SVU(:v:)?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mixology actually wasn't too bad the last few episodes I saw. Also it gave Vanessa Lengies work, so that's a pity.

I'm genuinely kinda pissed about how ABC handled The Neighbors. That was the stupidest schedule change of them all. ABC's continued inability to keep anything in a steady spot has killed so many shows now.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Can't say I'm terribly surprised considering Don Glover left, Chevy Chase was gone, Jon Oliver was leaving after being reintroduced, new old guy was leaving to be in the Breaking Bad spinoff, Allison Brie has a new show she is directing etc etc.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MOD CHALLENGE

Hey, Occupation I guess I'll just throw you in the deep end then. This should be fun for everyone. You wanted bad TV? Well you'll get to do a trip report on Season 2 of Last Man Standing starring Tim Allen. Why not the first season? Because I've heard the second one is something. So we'll need a trip report on that whenever you're ready to start. Preferably updated episode by episode. I'd like to see at least one episode a week. I don't think 20 minutes out of a week is too much to ask.

X-O fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 9, 2014

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I can see Community getting some sort of "movie" on Netflix, but I very much doubt they'll take up a full season. That is unless all the casts other commitments for next season goes tits up, then I could see them making a season. But that would probably mean it'd be late 2015 before anything aired.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Deadpool posted:

Hey, Occupation I guess I'll just throw you in the deep end then. This should be fun for everyone. You wanted bad TV? Well you'll get to do a trip report on Season 2 of Last Man Standing starring Tim Allen. Why not the first season? Because I've heard the second one is something. So we'll need a trip report on that whenever you're ready to start. Preferably updated episode by episode. I'd like to see at least one episode a week. I don't think 20 minutes out of a week is too much to ask.

All righty I'll get the thread going today.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Occupation posted:

All righty I'll get the thread going today.

It's going to be bad. Just try to have some fun with it. You're free to do it in any style or form you want as long as it's basically an episode by episode review and there's some substance to it.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Deadpool posted:

It's going to be bad. Just try to have some fun with it. You're free to do it in any style or form you want as long as it's basically an episode by episode review and there's some substance to it.

Is it possible to add the stipulation that every post must begin with Allen's trademark "hrehrehre" laugh? e:Or at least incorporate it in some way

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

Postal Parcel posted:

Is it possible to add the stipulation that every post must begin with Allen's trademark "hrehrehre" laugh? e:Or at least incorporate it in some way

I don't think so, Tim

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I'm working on something where you get to keep your custom text. Chin up.

Oh, no, no! My friend is gonna kill you.
I'm just gonna watch.

And here's av sized

I'm still working on your new un and am accepting suggestions.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Postal Parcel posted:

He should have to do this to an episode of the show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

I'm still working on your new un and am accepting suggestions.

STREETS BEHIND or MR. EGYPT

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
Believe and Crisis are officially canceled.

MrAristocrates posted:

STREETS BEHIND or MR. EGYPT

Ooh, those are both good. I wish POCKET FULLA HAWTHORNES wasn't so far over the character limit.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Only about a dozen shows are in unknown status right now

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/09/list-of-renewed-and-cancelled-broadcast-shows-for-the-2013-14-broadcast-season/261970/

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So I made the thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3632901

Deadpool can you change the thread tag to the Trip Report one?

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

btw your new username is E PLURIBUS ANUS

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Person of Pinterest

We have free will, and with that comes great responsibility.
And sometimes great macramé.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Believe and Crisis are officially canceled.

I kind of hoped that Believe was going to get through a whole season, but Crisis, man that show was down right terrible from the start. Everything about it had done in six written all over it. There was nothing good about from the start, the story was bad, the writing was horrible and the acting was horrible. Even Gillan Anderson, who might have been the best thing about the show, couldn't save it from how awful it was.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

screenwritersblues posted:

I kind of hoped that Believe was going to get through a whole season, but Crisis, man that show was down right terrible from the start. Everything about it had done in six written all over it. There was nothing good about from the start, the story was bad, the writing was horrible and the acting was horrible. Even Gillan Anderson, who might have been the best thing about the show, couldn't save it from how awful it was.

Maybe she can show up some more on Hannibal next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Maybe she can show up some more on Hannibal next season.

Or maybe they can start production on the third X Files movie.

• Locked thread