Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twinight
Aug 25, 2004
I spoke to some friends in my little group (5 of us) and they're interested in play-testing too, if you end up needing more bodies. We mostly come from a D&D (several editions) background but some folks branch out a bit and we have a pretty wide range of experience in general, from relative new people to crotchety old get-off-my-lawners.

I'm too stoked about this being translated so they're all going to get roped in to playing at some point, even if it is after the final release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twinight
Aug 25, 2004
re; 4chan and the art and all that: natural impulse there is to get intensely defensive. Really, as aldantefax mentioned, it's all pretty above-board. Some of them are tarted up a bit but by no means are they worse than anything you'd find in many other mainstream games around these days. Lamia being the only real exception (and it is undeniably egregious) I can think of offhand, although I'm sure there's probably at least one more I'm forgetting. Pretty much everythin gelse that I can recall was no worse than your typical fantasy fare, just anime styled. (Full disclosure: I haven't actually looked at the books in months)

Any real adaptations will have to happen with some of the actual text; some of it is just hilariously inappropriate. As mentioned before, all the abilities and monsters and stuff have an 'English' name attached to them too, and some of them are just... not all there.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it localized, be fun to see the changes and adaptations you guys come up with.

Here's a question though, while I've got the post open: Given that the names of monsters and et cetera are 'dual language' on the cards, do you plan to actually keep the names in both languages and just adjust the English or replace them outright? Was just remembering the Kanai Factory Edition of Love Letter that came out recently and thought about that. No preference either way, personally, just curious. I love seeing how different groups handle localization. :)

Edit: whoops, apparently should have refreshed before posting this, as I see aldantefax covered some of this in the shiny new FAQ area. :ohdear:

vv

Good point, I'd imagine with the descriptions properly localized it'll eat up a bit more space than its Japanese counterparts, probably get uncomfortably cramped.

twinight fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 30, 2013

twinight
Aug 25, 2004
There's basically zero chance of that, even if no edits were made whatsoever, so don't worry.

• Locked thread