Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

That would mean basically storing one game at a time on an SSD.

We used to think PCs would do nothing but get faster and faster, but eventually we hit something of a plateau and the focus lately has been making hardware cooler and more power efficient. I have to think asset resourcefulness along those lines will fit in with coding as well. All it takes is one person to do it and then license it out to all the publishers the same way almost everything is running Unreal right now.

It's because we've reached a bottleneck in Hard drive capacity. The way harddrive capacity essentially works today is they stack platters on top of each other and eventually you reach a point where you can't stack any more before it starts to become unstable. We're also reaching a similar bottleneck with silicon processors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

Is it true that this capacity ceiling isn't really a thing with SSDs, and so they will eventually surpass HDDs in storage and one ay make them obsolete?

From what I understand the capacity ceiling is actually much lower.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009

Rinkles posted:

I meant this, the reverse cover:

Holy poo poo, crouch isn't set to L2 this time around?! Best news about Shadow Fall yet.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
Gamersyde just put up some 60fps Multiplayer footage of the forest map. Only downside is it's not a direct feed but someone with a camera
http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_killzone_shadow_fall_pgw_multiplayer_played_by_a_simpleton_-31076_en.html

Please watch this and tell me you don't see the difference 60FPS makes

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
If anyone wants to play some Killzone today feel free to add me: Var987

• Locked thread