Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Agee's costume makes everything a little funnier. I think it's the smudged makeup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
They really need to improve the sound effects on the category graphics...they're so weak sounding. Very anticlimactic.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Hey, we're back tonight:

MONDAY 11-4: Jonah Ray, Ali Wong, Howard Kremer

TUESDAY 11-5: Iliza Shlesinger, Michael Che, Rhys Darby

WEDNESDAY 11-6: Jason Sklar, Randy Sklar, Ron Funches

THURSDAY 11-7: Paul F. Tompkins, Julie Klausner, Baron Vaughn

Not a lot of *names* this week aside from Paul F. Tompkins and the Sklar Brothers (I'm sure I'm not the only guy who remembers Cheap Seats), but apparently Judd Apatow is coming up next week, so yeah, holy poo poo.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Whats the point of the all of the above questions?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Never heard of Ali Wong before, but she's amazing so far.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

The one guy made it pretty obvious that they probably get questions early. He kept looking down and reading off his notes.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Pet or Furry loving broke me.

e: And Cringeworthy remains the best game.

e2: "Oh godDAMMIT I can fire you from so many things."

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 5, 2013

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

DivisionPost posted:

Not a lot of *names* this week aside from Paul F. Tompkins and the Sklar Brothers (I'm sure I'm not the only guy who remembers Cheap Seats), but apparently Judd Apatow is coming up next week, so yeah, holy poo poo.

Rhys Darby is Murray from "Flight of the Conchords". He's pretty god damned funny.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wednesday should be pretty great. The Sklars are good times and Ron Funches has the voice of an angel.

DurosKlav posted:

The one guy made it pretty obvious that they probably get questions early. He kept looking down and reading off his notes.

Why are you posting this here on a comedy website instead of writing a scathing exposé for the Washington Post? Think of the Pulitzer you just lost yourself!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also he's talking about Howard Kremer, who just kinda looks like that.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The British guy on tonight's episode is pretty bad. Hardwick keeps talking to him like he's retarded.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Lisa is pretty good I think.

Edit: That Thor commercial is amazing.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 6, 2013

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rhys Darby is amazing but the other two suck so bad

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

raditts posted:

The British guy on tonight's episode is pretty bad. Hardwick keeps talking to him like he's retarded.

Pretty sure there's no Brits scheduled this week. Did you mean Rhys Darby? He's a Kiwi. I haven't seen the episode, but I'll be sad if he wasn't good since I really liked the Flight of the Conchords show.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

ibntumart posted:

Pretty sure there's no Brits scheduled this week. Did you mean Rhys Darby? He's a Kiwi. I haven't seen the episode, but I'll be sad if he wasn't good since I really liked the Flight of the Conchords show.

To me he is coming off as annoying.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you're not familiar with Rhys Darby, you would hate this. To me, he was the only tolerable part of this episode

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
A bit of a weak episode tonight.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

If you're not familiar with Rhys Darby, you would hate this. To me, he was the only tolerable part of this episode

All three of them were pretty bad this episode but I don't know on what planet he could be considered "tolerable."

That AMA segment must have been a real bomb, it only lasted like 20 seconds.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Mr. Fowl posted:

A bit of a weak episode tonight.

The show had been pretty solid so far, we were bound to hit a bad episode eventually.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The scores jumped around a lot between cuts. They must have cut a lot that wasn't funny. And what did make it wasn't that funny. First bad episode.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
Wait, wait, wait, did you guys not get that Rhys Darby is doing a character? You might not think it's a funny character (I think it is), but he's really obviously doing a character.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He was pretty funny for not being a comedian. Pretty ballsy for a professional Adventurer to come on the show like that. Guy has moxy.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Wait, wait, wait, did you guys not get that Rhys Darby is doing a character? You might not think it's a funny character (I think it is), but he's really obviously doing a character.

He was the only funny bit. The other two people were disappointing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

him buzzing in to answer Stoolio was hysterical

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I enjoyed how annoyed Michael Che looked when it became obvious that Rhys Darby was intent on bombing the whole show. He did have a nice one with DMX-Lax though.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Man, this show is so much better than Tosh. It's not the best thing ever, but it's fun enough that if I accidentally leave on Comedy Central late at night I've got good odds at getting entertained. Pretty decent comedian line-up on the couple episodes I've seen so far; I'm a big Kumail fan, Natasha Legerro's pretty funny, and whoever Steve Agee is he's pretty good too.

Does this show basically draw from whatever that stand-up scene is that the nerdist podcast guys all seem to inhabit? I'm not against a showcase for offbeat unpopular comics.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

XboxPants posted:

Does this show basically draw from whatever that stand-up scene is that the nerdist podcast guys all seem to inhabit?

You mean the LA comedy scene? Yeah. Same scene nearly every other podcast draws from, so this is basically "Your Favorite Podcast Guests (And Howard Kremer): The TV Show". It's pretty cool.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
It'd be pretty neat if they had more people doing the show in character. I'm thinking specifically of James Adomian's Jesse Ventura, but Paul F Tompkins could basically fill a show once a week if they went that route, though they should probably dole it out more sparingly than that.

Adomian absolutely destroys here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0joCGLCDFY

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Well it had to be either that or he had a mental disability, but no, I didn't think it was funny at all.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Yeah, "playing a character" doesn't really brush off the criticism if someone doesn't find him funny. He's still making a conscious effort to play that character as the joke. He actually got a pretty good chuckle out of me with his "I've been following Katy Perry for a week now" line, but the rest was just irritating. What made it really bad was just how overpowering he was, or maybe how underpowering(?) the other two were in comparison? It really wore out his schtick pretty fast for me.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Hey, we're back tonight:

MONDAY 11-4: Jonah Ray, Ali Wong, Howard Kremer

TUESDAY 11-5: Iliza Shlesinger, Michael Che, Rhys Darby

WEDNESDAY 11-6: Jason Sklar, Randy Sklar, Ron Funches

THURSDAY 11-7: Paul F. Tompkins, Julie Klausner, Baron Vaughn

Julie Klausner is the loving best and I will be watching tomorrow.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Oh cool the Sklar bros

rip Blockbuster, 2 dingy 4 this world

edit: Ron Funches is gonna be the first man eliminated, he's hosed and he knows it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love everyone on this episode.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ghostbusters II? Really?

Ron Funches is sweating hardcore right now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Its a good movie

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Y-Hat posted:

Ghostbusters II? Really?

It's a VERY uplifting movie!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Its a good movie
Yeah but at least make it the first one. Also I'm pretty sure it's on Netflix.

And fantasy football owners everywhere puked.

drat, Ron got called one of the Sklar Brothers. Poor fella.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 7, 2013

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
My precious immersion would very much appreciate it if the contestants would quit reading off their pre-written lists. It's not like they're saying more than 4 words.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'm more thankful for my studio apartment than ever before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I BURY YOU ON PLATFORM :argh:

• Locked thread