Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Did they strike some sort of deal with Gawker or something? What's with all the Deadspin/Gizmodo/Kotaku headlines?

A lot of Reddit poo poo too. I just figured he name drops them to show how hip and with it he is with the internets and the nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nick Offerman talking about fedoras is producing some emotions.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nick Offerman talking about fedoras is producing some emotions.

What is it about fedoras that attract greasy internet people to them?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

raditts posted:

A lot of Reddit poo poo too. I just figured he name drops them to show how hip and with it he is with the internets and the nerds.

Reddit's a big enough (and easily accessible) community that, like the Gawker family, offers no shortage of material.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Glad Dave won, was really expecting Judd to win it.

LBJs Jumbo Dick
May 6, 2007
Tacos! Tacos! Tacos!

raditts posted:

What is it about fedoras that attract greasy internet people to them?

They see old pictures of men wearing them, and looking classy and masculine, maybe? Maybe they think they can replicate said appearance by throwing on an out of place hat, instead of washing their greasy mane, and trimming their neck?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Who would want to trim their neck? If anything, I want a LONGER neck.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a great lineup.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I'll say it wasn't, David.

Wow, trick question.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

God, David Spade sucks...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Touched By An Angelfish is gonna be stuck in Spade's head this entire show.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

Old James posted:

I feel like he REALLY doesn't want to be there.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

ganthony posted:

They see old pictures of men wearing them, and looking classy and masculine, maybe? Maybe they think they can replicate said appearance by throwing on an out of place hat, instead of washing their greasy mane, and trimming their neck?
Plus it makes them feel like Indy

JT Jag posted:

Touched By An Angelfish is gonna be stuck in Spade's head this entire show.
Yeah at least Dave's callback last night was funny.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
David Spade is awful... who would have guessed?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zero One posted:

Wait are you telling me a comedy appearance by David Spade is bad?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Luckily everyone else is funny.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Zero One posted:

People who know that he is apart of scam with Adam Sandler.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Roxors posted:

I feel like he REALLY doesn't want to be there.
Hey, most of his career after Chris Farley's death has been being a part of Adam Sandler's inner circle of celebrity buddies. If I were David Spade, I wouldn't want to be there either.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Old James posted:

I get the feeling he's drunk off his rear end. I wonder what Hardwick's thinking.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Hey, most of his career after Chris Farley's death has been being a part of Adam Sandler's inner circle of celebrity buddies. If I were David Spade, I wouldn't want to be there either.
I would, I get to go on vacations and make a lot of money

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Photobomb round: it will always be creepy

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
It's pretty sad that the photos themselves were funnier than the comedians.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Did David Spade just audibly say "uh-oh?"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

That joke was not worth a 1000 pts :colbert:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I like the whole "Andie Osho claims a different nationality every time she mentions it" gimmick.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

The only good thing he did post Chris Farley's death was Emperor's New Groove

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, I feel Like Brennen was the only one really getting into it tonight.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Roxors posted:

Yeah, I feel Like Brennen was the only one really getting into it tonight.

Andi Osho was all right, but David Spade phoned it in. Seriously, his FTW caption was the kind of poo poo you write when you've completely given up.

And again, not convinced he was sober tonight. I'm thinking less "Hey I'm Doug Benson and I just plain like weed," more "LIFE IS PAIN GLUG GLUG GLUG"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
That was hands-down, the worst episode so far. I mean, when I saw David Spade on the lineup, I knew it was going to be bad but man, why couldn't he have faded into the editing background, like some of the panelists do?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't get to watch the episodes until the next day, but no matter how bad tonight's episode was, I'm sure tomorrow night's episode will make up for it.

And speaking of being a day behind, I hope Kurt Braunohler is on a lot more episodes. He is so good at this show. Grace Helbig had some great jokes too, despite appearing to be incredibly nervous. She kind of looked terrified at several points in the show.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Monday's episode was one of the best so far, so I guess it's only fair that we get a truly bad one in the same week.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Running jokes can be fun but I don't get why that mascot bird thing is supposed to be so knee-slapping hilarious. It just looks like a generic mascot :confused:

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Does the show end this week? I didn't see it on next weeks channel guide.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Does the show end this week? I didn't see it on next weeks channel guide.

It was a limited run. But it got good enough ratings and is cheap to produce, so will be back. Hopefully, they'll fix the buzzer on the first podium during the break.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Rumor is that @midnight got picked up for more. Also there's this article:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-midnight-comedy-central-20131108,0,1659998.story#axzz2kfeMDyvf

Apparently (as we guessed) the comedians are given the topics an hour or so in advance, which is fine to me. It's about the jokes, not necessarily the spontaneity.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The best part of last night's episode was David Spade's legitimate 'ha ha' reaction to the National Treasure joke. That poor man, I loved him so as a youth. SNL, Tommy Boy, I even went to see Black Sheep (holy poo poo at that one) opening day with my best friend. Now he's simply one of the many people Adam Sandler gives money to.

And Neal Brennan is the absolute best of those three.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Running jokes can be fun but I don't get why that mascot bird thing is supposed to be so knee-slapping hilarious. It just looks like a generic mascot :confused:

It's kind of terrifying. It's like someone thought that puppet thing from the Saw movies would make a good sports mascot.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

achillesforever6 posted:

The only good thing he did post Chris Farley's death was Emperor's New Groove

Emperor's New Groove is such a good animated movie. :allears:

I felt like they gave David the 1000 points just so he'd be in the FTW challenge. Would've rather seen Osho, I liked her actually (although her parting words were great).

Daedo
May 5, 2002
That was easily the worst episode of the run so far, but I was expecting it as soon as I saw David Spade and Andi Osho. Being from the UK, she was making the rounds on all the panel shows 3-4 years ago and her jokes were exactly the same as they were tonight. An David Spade is just trash.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

It says a lot that now that we know they get time to prepare jokes ahead of time, Spade still went with the "off the top of my head? Touched by an Angelfish, haha isn't that lame?" line. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Why anyone would pay billions of dollars for Snapchat mystifies me even more than why anyone would pay billions of dollars for Instagram.

• Locked thread