Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Dubstep CherryStrawberry? Sure, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Popcorn waffles with syrup and whipped cream and a strawberry?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
NO MY APPS!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I HAVE A SYSTEM

edit: AAAAA AAAAA hey this isn't that bad AAAAA

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 12, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was thinking that they went into separate rooms but instead it looks like the door just takes them to different places in the same temple.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That was a wonderful episode with some really neat backgrounds and some fun action.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

muscles like this? posted:

I was thinking that they went into separate rooms but instead it looks like the door just takes them to different places in the same temple.

There are also five points on the door thingy, ostensibly representing Steven, the Gems, and a wildcard.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I loved the design of the temple. And they definitely pounded the whole super-ego, ego, id thing in today, what with Pearl's room being immaculate, Amethyst's being extremely dirty, by choice, and Garnet's unseen room(unless she lives in the heart) being the sort of balance of beauty and danger.

e:

Pick posted:

There are also five points on the door thingy, ostensibly representing Steven, the Gems, and a wildcard.

Garnet Activated two gems with her door, so she might account for the reason that there are 5. (2G, 1P, 1A, 1S = 5) But that could be a sort of red herring

Something Positive
Jan 10, 2010

MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHER MOTHERMOTHERMOTHER MOOOOTTTHHHEEERRRR
The use of music in this show continues to be amazing.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I sort of wish this show was a game so I could explore the environments.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Interesting how both episodes end with a letdown, but Steven and the Gems take it in stride, especially considering how invested kids can get into things.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interesting thing about the first episode was that Pearl talked about knowing how the place looked 100 years ago. Which seems to imply that Crystal Gems are fairly long lived, if not immortal (as long as they don't create a child that is.)

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahah oh poo poo Dubstep Strawberry

E: this music

frank.club fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 12, 2013

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Amethyst is my favorite character so far, but I love the way this show utilizes Garnet's deadpan delivery. "He now has all the power of a breakfast."

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Pearl is the best but only because I have a soft spot for the Marge Simpson character on any given cartoon (see also: Princess Bubblegum).

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Dresh posted:

Amethyst is my favorite character so far, but I love the way this show utilizes Garnet's deadpan delivery. "He now has all the power of a breakfast."

"It did try to kill us" :geno:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
What time do shows usually pop up on Amazon? I'm Jonesin'. (if I was clever I would have made an Ian Jonesin-Quartey joke)

pookerbug
Jan 21, 2006

the vitreous humourist
There's something I really love about the little hair tousle Garnet gives Steven as she walks by.
It's such a small gesture but it means so much coming from such a stoic badass.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

So the Temple is shaped like a gigantic multi-armed goddess, and has a heart inside.

How much you want to bet in the finale it comes to life?

Frankenfinger
May 1, 2007
My 10 year old daughter missed the premiere due to girl scouts, so these were the first two episodes she caught. She loved them. I explained to her all about the creator of the show (how she wrote all the adventure time songs she likes) and how it's the first cartoon with a girl creator. She's all pumped about it now. It's always so much more fun to watch shows I'd be watching anyways with my kids. They love so much garbage (Dog with a blog, yes really) it's very satisfying to see them get excited about the good stuff.

Illuen
Feb 18, 2011

All comedy is derived from fear.

FriedDijaaj posted:

Who is responsible for inserting all these Maryland references? And how does the WSSC have time to fulfill novelty backpack orders?

Rebecca Sugar is from Silver Spring, and if I remember correctly, Beach City itself is based on the Delaware/Maryland beach cities like Rehoboth.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.

Pastrymancy posted:

"It did try to kill us" :geno:

"I'm burning this too."

Garnet remains my favorite, though Pearl came in at a close second with Cheeseburger Backpack. I think Cheeseburger Backpack is my favorite episode so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

According to the crew Tumblr, the mailman's name is Jamie. :3:

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Hey IanJ did you do the voice for Mr Queasy?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Steven's voice actor kind of annoys me, it's one of those cartoon network cartoons with a lot of screaming. I'm okay with a little over-emphasis on yelling because, you know, kids.

It'd be nice if we got more time to look at the characters but it's just-interesting-enough to stick with it for now. It'll take a while for it to have the development necessary to compare to Adventure Time.

I like that it's okay to have half a cast be girls, fat, colored ( :haw: ), or all three and it's totally normal. Nice progressive cartoon and the thing I'd like to see more of in Western cartoons.

Anyone with kids, what did they think or how did they react?
I like Frankenfinger's kids reaction. Gives me hope for the future.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 12, 2013

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
The more time that passes between seeing the show and now the more I love this show. Hell, it's even got me to listen to the OST; which I never do with anything, ever.

Also I think that the best way to describe this show is 'an american Sailor Moon for 2013'.

P.S. Ammy 4 lyfe.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Gosh I really laughed at the goofy face Steven made while explaining Together Breakfast to some one who didn't care and Steven's face was all lopsided and dumb looking.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

KungFu Grip posted:

Gosh I really laughed at the goofy face Steven made while explaining Together Breakfast to some one who didn't care and Steven's face was all lopsided and dumb looking.

I guess you could say it's a... BALANCED BREAKFAST????

IanJ
Dec 27, 2003

a real magic skeleton

Lenaway posted:

Hey IanJ did you do the voice for Mr Queasy?

Yea that was me!

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy

IanJ posted:

Yea that was me!

Haha that's awesome. The show is amazing.

MojoKingBee
Sep 4, 2011

Everybody, there's a new king in town.

Get ready.
Can I just say, I LOVE the faces in the new episodes. Going slightly off-model in animation always gets a kick out of me. Keep doing that!

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
^^ Yeah what he said!

I'm legit excited about how much the storyboarders are messing around with different art styles just in the first 4 episodes alone. It seems like cartoons usually tend to stick mostly on-model for the first season before letting the storyboarders expand their approach to drawing the characters, but Cheeseburger Backpack and Together Breakfast had such an impressive breadth of expression from all the characters, especially Pearl.

Millions fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Nov 13, 2013

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

OOHHH! Don't shake me, kid! I have a medical condition!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I really like all the music in this show.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Dresh posted:

Amethyst is my favorite character so far

:haw::respek::haw:

Music is great. I like how they keep giving background info here and there.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Apparently Rebecca Sugar said somewhere (???) that they want every storyboard artist's style to show in the animation for every different episode, and I'm super pumped about that since they've got 100% cool dudes and ladies on their roster.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

I think that was a Nintendo 64 in his room :allears:

http://stevencrewniverse.tumblr.com/

All the backgrounds look cool.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Just caught this, Rose Quartz's gem was in her belly button as well. Supports the umbilical cord theory someone had earlier in the thread.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Phone posted:

What time do shows usually pop up on Amazon? I'm Jonesin'. (if I was clever I would have made an Ian Jonesin-Quartey joke)

It's still not up on Amazon :mad: They've been getting sloppy lately.

But normally episodes go up early in the morning the next day.

Millions posted:

Just caught this, Rose Quartz's gem was in her belly button as well. Supports the umbilical cord theory someone had earlier in the thread.

Her design is so cool. Can't wait to learn more about her backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The question is, is he playing the limited edition copy of Ocarina of Time... or Donkey Kong 64?

• Locked thread