Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrankSinatra
Aug 25, 2011

Super awesome when it works. I pay 40 some odd/month [and it includes rental of a modem+router - the base is 39], which is brain-warpingly good. Less awesome are the transient episodes of low speed, high latency, and packet loss that I cannot seem to isolate and pin down.

The transient issue is bad enough that I would consider switching, but there's nobody else to switch to, unless I dump cable for DSL. I'd be paying the same amount for less than half the speed, and I've had even more variable speed issues with DSL [Very raely during the entire time that I had DSL did I ever get the speed I was provisioned for], so that's a non-starter at this point. Oddly, I think Hughesnet may be an option at my apartment complex. I don't know who'd actually be stupid enough to do that though.

Edit: We were finalists for Google Fiber at one point, but we never got it. Now, they seem to have no intention of moving into our area. Considering how much of a hardon area governments seem to have about all this "Silicon Prairie" bullshit, you'd think they'd be on the ball.

DrankSinatra fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread