Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone have centurylink gigabit and using their C2000T modem/router? Seen a few people online recommending to bypass it with my own. Speeds are almost 900mbit, but the wifi speed is really slow and maybe it's not as fully featured?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
It doesn't cost anything more. It's just part of the $80/mo. The wireless speed doesn't bother me too much, but if I can't get this port open, then I probably do care enough to get a different router.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
Is this from personal experience? Have a working port I could use? Trying it automatically fails when using default port except it did work for about 15 minutes randomly. Then I tried manual port forward on default 32400, then I tried 32401. Should I try something random and high like 98943?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005

Internet Explorer posted:

Yes, I had that modem for a day when CenturyLink installed my gigabit connection. It's garbage. Here's a post on the Plex forums, about half way down you can see the comments about UPnP. Any port that is in the UPnP range will be a problem.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/226189/century-link-w-technicolor-c2100t-modem

It's a poo poo router. I always had an EdgeRouter Lite and replaced it with that after configuring PPPoE on the ERL. If you have fiber coming in they have a model with a fiber port. https://www.ubnt.com/edgemax/edgerouter-x-sfp/

Yeah I saw this thread when looking into the issue. I tried what the last post says with port 49150 and it still doesn't work. I guess I should get a new router. No fiber coming in so I wouldn't need that one specifically. These Edgerouters look sort of daunting and wow Wireless APs are expensive on their own.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
When I run a speedtest on my wired desktop/laptop I'll get up to ~900Mbps up and down. When I run one from the command line of my ubuntu VM on my FreeNAS I'll only get up to ~600 down and maybe ~200 up. They all come from the same switch. Any ideas?

• Locked thread