Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

So do the +ws bonuses apply all over vana'diel or just in SoA areas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So do the +ws bonuses apply all over vana'diel or just in SoA areas?

Everywhere.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

So I could get my rdm up to 99, go to SOA and buy the 106 weapons, then go back to regular vanadiel and just wreck poo poo?

How easy are leveling parties to find now that everyones levels are presumably capped?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There's still Worm party shouts every night, occasional "come key for me in Abyssea-Uleguerand" shouts. Any other bit of levelling is scarcer, but currently there's a double EXP bonus going on until December 2nd. And yes, once you start decking yourself out in ilvl gear you will annihilate pre-SoA content.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

Paladine_PSoT posted:

So I could get my rdm up to 99, go to SOA and buy the 106 weapons, then go back to regular vanadiel and just wreck poo poo?

How easy are leveling parties to find now that everyones levels are presumably capped?

Yes. An unfortunate side effect of this fun novelty is that all the old content has been 100% invalidated by new gear so the effect wears off very fast.

A positive side effect, however, is that now it's really easy to go back and do anything and everything that kept the "itch" going, and finally quit the game for good.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Ah, and in response to earlier- I'll also be up, around, and down for more Skirmish tonight, any kind any where.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
There are some fun things you can do with SoA gear that would have been impossible with regular level 99 gear. Soloing Pandemonium Warden for example.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Systematic System posted:

There are some fun things you can do with SoA gear that would have been impossible with regular level 99 gear. Soloing Pandemonium Warden for example.

This is actually along the lines if what I was thinking. I have lots of unfinished missions and quests and add-on content and whatnot that I want to tear through.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Goddamn whatthefuck i'm installing ffxi again. Anyone else find it hilarious the seekers collection still installs tetramaster?

I'll be in the game after like 30h of patching.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
This game sucks and I can't stop playing it.

I've been lurking around as Kardys, can a sackholder shoot a pearl my way?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/wcb.html

Welcome back campaign time in december!
free week of play for ANY account.
Free download of SOA ultimate edition for SOA access.

I think it's about time to do some banner ads, anyone wanna make 'em?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paladine_PSoT posted:

ilvl 106, probably not. Once you get 115+, probably. Everything before SoA dies quickly with Oatixur.

If any goons have abyssea T3 VNMs they don't need, I could really use the colorless souls. I'm dumb and gay which has led me to build up Paladin again since it was my first 75 job in FFXI ever. :shobon:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Last time I played, I had a RDM99 and SMN99, but it was a royal pain in the rear end to get AF3 and especially get it upgraded. Is getting OK gear still a pain? In addition, the log cutting \ beehive breaking events in SoA at launch were sort of not fun and all I could do in them is go there to die. Is it still like this?

If you already have a couple 99s, with level 75 gear, how hard is it to get the new, good gear? Could you then plow through the ToAU and WoTG expansions solo?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

If you already have a couple 99s, with level 75 gear, how hard is it to get the new, good gear? Could you then plow through the ToAU and WoTG expansions solo?

I did most of WotG solo as a 99 NIN in mostly abyssea gear, and there are still points that are really god drat frustrating without a WHM for the sole reason that you have idiot NPC companions for certain missions that aren't allowed to die and do their best to pull every single mob they can onto them. DNC sub usually isn't enough to keep them alive so I would fail fights that I could've breezed through if they weren't there.

ToAU I had completed way back at 75 cap but I imagine it is easy up to the final boss.

CoP is definitely a push over, even though you didn't mention it. I think the only thing that is still annoying to solo are the 4 pots in Garden of Ru'hmet because of the AoE magic spam.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Kongming posted:

CoP is definitely a push over, even though you didn't mention it. I think the only thing that is still annoying to solo are the 4 pots in Garden of Ru'hmet because of the AoE magic spam.

Most of the SoA gear has huge amounts of magic evasion so you're going to be getting a ton of partial resists, so this should be more managable.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Double post but who gives a poo poo-

This morning was the FFXI Lounge with Matsui and two guests, where they talk about and show upcoming content. The next patch is on December 11th. Of things that I either saw or heard about :

They showed off BCNMs against Ark Angels- first Ark Angel EV, who they beat. I missed it but they also did a level 99 Divine Might with only 6 people, they lost. Last thing in the broadcast was them fighting a "very difficult" setting Ark Angel MR and they died there too, Matsui's WAR missed 99% of his attacks against it.

FFXI is getting mercenaries/bodyguards/NPC helpers or however you want to put it. Unlike the Adventuring Fellow, these don't use the pet slot but actual party slots. They follow you and fight alongside you. They summoned three of them: Kupipi, Ayame, and Nanaa Mihgo. You're not limited to just one- the broadcast summoned one after another, so effectively they had a 4 person party. Prepare for dozens of Shantottos running around. Don't know if this is making it in for the Dec. 11th patch.

Some monstrocity stuff and Mog Garden things I don't even know.

edit: Or you can find out information about everything they showed on the video right here!

more edits: "Increase player movement speed Increase monster and pet movement speed" What? "Make changes so that all jobs can use Wide Scan so that NPCs can be located more easily" What?????

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 27, 2013

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
If they're looking into more quality of life adjustments, I'd really like to see them adjust weakness. After a raise it should be 2 mins tops, with maybe slightly less of a penalty. Double weakness is bullshit as well. It's a huge pain in the rear end for stuff like WKRs to be constantly dying to AOE only to have to wait 5 mins before you can be effective again.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Kongming posted:

I did most of WotG solo as a 99 NIN in mostly abyssea gear, and there are still points that are really god drat frustrating without a WHM for the sole reason that you have idiot NPC companions for certain missions that aren't allowed to die and do their best to pull every single mob they can onto them. DNC sub usually isn't enough to keep them alive so I would fail fights that I could've breezed through if they weren't there.

ToAU I had completed way back at 75 cap but I imagine it is easy up to the final boss.

I've already beaten Zilart, CoP and got Rank 10 in Windurst.

Really all I care about doing in FFXI is getting Rank 10 in Sandy and Bastok, finishing ToAU (I'm like, halfway through), WoTG and then I would probably be done. I don't really care about the Abyssea storyline. The problem is, it's been so long I've already forgotten half of what happened in ToAU so it's a little silly.

A feature they should add into FFXI is being able to replay storylines without having to register a new character. Yes, you can also re-do BCNMs and find a bunch of bards \ footprints to replay cutscenes but it's not quite the same now, is it? CoP is cool and easy enough now that it would be cool to run through it again as it's been years since I've done it. I wonder how hard it would be to have a "replay mission" option, or the ability to cancel a mission you're replaying if you don't want to do it a 2nd time.

I played XIV a bit. I got a DRG to lvl 50 on 1.0, made a 2nd account and messed around with WHM and got to about 20ish, then lost interest. Nowadays I have serious MMO ADD and only seem to be able to stick with one for a couple months these days.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

I'm looking forward to the trust system. I'm chronically soloing content so this is right up my alley.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
There is a "Adjustments to the number of players required to enter Salvage including the high-tier version" listed now when before it was only said that Assault was being lowered. Meeble burrows is on the list as well.

Also monster speed is being increased along with player speed it says. Like the whole game is going to be 25% faster or something?? That could totally mess up some kiting by making it impossible to get spells off before the monster reaches you...

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

There is a "Adjustments to the number of players required to enter Salvage including the high-tier version" listed now when before it was only said that Assault was being lowered. Meeble burrows is on the list as well.

Also monster speed is being increased along with player speed it says. Like the whole game is going to be 25% faster or something?? That could totally mess up some kiting by making it impossible to get spells off before the monster reaches you...

For those of us that use cupper, it is not a big deal. I want a few things from Meeble burrows. Maybe I can con..vince a few goons to do burrows with me.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Majumbo posted:

On the bright side, it's a stealth nerf to NNI? :v:

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Anyone know how to use windower to fullscreen FFXI on my second monitor? I can't seem to find it in docs anywhere, there used to be a wincommand plugin or something that's no longer there.

Speaking of which, are there any "must have" things of this nature to make the unbearably poo poo ui more bearable?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

The command to move a window is
wincontrol move X Y

X and Y are the absolute coordinates. 0,0 is the top left of your main monitor. So if you have 3 and want to move to the left you will need to enter a negative value.

As for cool stuff, the dev branch of windower (4.1) has a plugin called ffxidb that has a pretty slick minimap!

I ended up moving that as well since it covers a lot in the default position. It sits well right beside the main nav though.

The command to move it is
ffxivdb map pos X Y

If we can enter Salvage solo then I am def working on a Ryunohige! I'm kinda torn now if I should finish this Aegis or not... Currency could be sold for more Alex!

keep it down up there! fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 27, 2013

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gammatron 64 posted:

Last time I played, I had a RDM99 and SMN99, but it was a royal pain in the rear end to get AF3 and especially get it upgraded. Is getting OK gear still a pain? In addition, the log cutting \ beehive breaking events in SoA at launch were sort of not fun and all I could do in them is go there to die. Is it still like this?

SoA is still a bit tedious to get established in. Once you get some bayld racked up and can buy some ilvl gear, things get a lot easier.

Now if you want to be able to solo older missions, I'd highly suggest leveling and gearing BST. BST is a great job for it with the capability of being a money making job and a good job for racking up bayld to boot.

To get your foot in the door, unlock the ability to rack up Imprimaturs (finish SoA mission 1-5, which basically involves some walking and cutscenes) and burn them when they accumulate (they cap at 15).

This is a really good and super easy way to get started: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Support:_Ceizak_Battlegrounds

Requires just a short walk, talking to a NPC at a Frontier Station and going back to the coalition for a reward. You will need to do this anyhow (need to burn at least 60 tags iirc) to gain access to Wildkeeper reive, which you'll definitely want. Unless you're the ultimate poopsocker and can get through fractures/delve for gear, Wildkeeper reive's will have the best armor.

Eight-Six posted:

Most of the SoA gear has huge amounts of magic evasion so you're going to be getting a ton of partial resists, so this should be more managable.
To expand a little on this, all of the new skirmish armor has a lot of magic evasion on it with some MDB to boot. Ontop of that, you can augment it the armor with additional MDB.

With a good Magic Defense Bonus set, mob nukes pre-SoA are laughable.

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

If we can enter Salvage solo then I am def working on a Ryunohige! I'm kinda torn now if I should finish this Aegis or not... Currency could be sold for more Alex!
Give me a cool goon discount and I'll buy all the currency and whatever upgrade items you've collected so far. I plan to do Aegis once I'm done with Ochain. :shobon:

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 27, 2013

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I'm torn 2 ways about this terrible game. On one hand, terrible ancient game design and graphics. On the other hand, nostalgia and that soundtrack. On the third hand, bagpipes in San d'Oria. I'll probably end up logging on for the 1 free week, get mad at how stupid everything is, then quit again. Especially since I'm pretty sure there isn't race change option in (is there?) and last time I played I was the gayest pretty boy around.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

jwang posted:

I'm torn 2 ways about this terrible game. On one hand, terrible ancient game design and graphics. On the other hand, nostalgia and that soundtrack. On the third hand, bagpipes in San d'Oria. I'll probably end up logging on for the 1 free week, get mad at how stupid everything is, then quit again. Especially since I'm pretty sure there isn't race change option in (is there?) and last time I played I was the gayest pretty boy around.

No, there isn't a race change option, but that doesn't stop you from using plastic surgeon, the win dower plugin, to change it for you.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ultimate collection currently on sale for :15bux: on Amazon for BF.

http://www.amazon.com/FANTASY-Ultim...inal+Fantasy+XI

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The crossover event between FFXI, FFXIV, and Dragon Quest X has been announced! While I haven't touched Monstrocity yet, I'll definitely participate now if I can be a Spriggan.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Eight-Six posted:

The crossover event between FFXI, FFXIV, and Dragon Quest X has been announced! While I haven't touched Monstrocity yet, I'll definitely participate now if I can be a Spriggan.

I'll be all about a slime shield.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

If any goons are looking to make money I am currently buying Bronzepeices en mass for Aegis. I need 6139 more! So I'll buy any you get.

Also If you have login points you wanna burn I'm also buying Beastly Shanks.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

If any goons are looking to make money I am currently buying Bronzepeices en mass for Aegis. I need 6139 more! So I'll buy any you get.

Also If you have login points you wanna burn I'm also buying Beastly Shanks.

How much for the shanks? I think I have 3

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

I am as well, the name's Jerryslmms.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
INFO DUMP TIME!

Greetings,

We have plans to add new item level 119 summoner ammo slot equipment and animators! Not only that, we'll also be adding pets with a base level cap of 119. Hang tight, we'll release more information on this as we receive it!

Greetings everyone,

We'd like to give you a bit of insight on our upcoming plans. In order to reforge rune fencer and geomancer artifact armor, you will need to have access to Limbus.

We will be announcing more information soon including ways to increase the artifact item level from 109 to 119 for all jobs soon!

We currently do not have plans to change the equippable jobs for relic weapons and empyrean weapons. However, In the future, we will be adding mythic-like weapons for GEO and RUN.

Matsui: Yumcax, Wildskeeper Reives

Hello, it's Matsui.

[[Quoted post about Yumcax asking them to make it easier in a few ways... eliminate the Regen effect, change some of the adds, and change it so the Doom move is only used at certain HP intervals rather than randomly/constantly.]]

I believe that one of the main causes of prolonged battles with Yumcax is not just that Yumcax has a powerful regen effect, but that the colonization rate of Yorcia Weald is difficult to increase, so Yumcax is not significantly weakened.

Currently, there is a difference between the efficiency of lair reives and colonization reives in each area, so we would like to eliminate some of these differences in areas like Yorcia Weald where players have had a harder time increasing the colonization rate.

Some of this is still under consideration so I won't go into too many specifics, but we'd like to allow the colonization rate to increase faster up to a certain value, and reduce the rate of decline once it falls below a certain value. The goal would be to equalize the difficulty of Wildskeeper Reives by performing adjustments so that the colonization rate is maintained at a certain level.

Regarding any adjustments specifically to Yumcax, we would have to consider them carefully.

The powerful regen effect of Yumcax is an intended part of the battle and is canceled when a specific condition is met. Also, the monsters that appear as assistants to Yumcax are determined based on the setting that Yumcax is the king of the plantoids.

While we could perform some of the adjustments you suggested by removing the regen effect or changing the strategy involved to cancel it, some of the uniqueness of the content would then be lost. Since this is one of the features of the Yumcax battle, we would like to leave this in place.

So, first we'll perform adjustments to the mechanisms behind the colonization rates, which will affect all of the Wildskeeper Reives. After players have tried the battles a few times with the new changes, we will reconsider the balance across the Wildskeeper Reives.

Matsui: WKR Drops

Currently, in the Wildskeeper Reives of Marjami Ravine and Yorcia Weald, because of the amount of capes, accessories, etc., compared with other Wildskeeper Reives, it has become more difficult to obtain the weapons and armor specific to those Wildskeeper Reives.

Therefore, in the December version update we will be making adjustments to increase the rate at which weapons and armor drop from these battles.

Matsui: Bunch of Replies

We are currently planning the addition of powerful new equipment which will require the highest synthesis skills to create. Among other options, we are considering cursed gear which would require abjurations to purify. We will follow up with more information once we iron out the details, so please hang on a bit longer.

-

In the December version update, movement speed of adventurers, pets, and monsters will be increased by 25%. However, because of the potential for players to pass through terrain, the upper limit on movement speed will remain the same.

Movement speed increases due to effects such as equipment or Quickening will work as a percentage of the new movement speed.

-

The effect of the Alliance Shirt +1 not only reduces the cost of NPC items by 5% but also increases the value of items sold to NPCs. Please note that the shirt has no effect in Mog Garden as the Mog Garden is a completely separate area from Adoulin.

-

We have been considering giving some new usages to Soul Pyres in the future. These changes won't only be for Soul Pyres, but we're also looking into making general changes to gathering systems in Adoulin. We're planning to make it more attractive to gather items, but please wait a bit for these changes.

Additionally, I have some information about Soul Pyres from the staff. The Soul Pyres function in 16 directions with 16 step increments, for a total of 256 locations. Try using the on-screen compass for some help with finding the correct location.

-

In last week's maintenance, the achievements were updated so that the following reward conditions exist:

1. Defeat Colkhab, Achuka, and Tchakka.
2. Defeat Yumcax and Hurkan.
3. Defeat Colkhab, Achuka, and Tchakka after the November 5 version update, and defeat Kumhau.

-

In order to help find quest NPCs and improve general convenience, as part of our new policies to make playing more user-friendly, starting with the December version update, all jobs will be able to use Wide Scan. We will issue updates for Beastmaster and Ranger which further expands their range for this ability to compensate.

nene.
Aug 27, 2009

power
I live in a area where my only internet option has a 350 mb limit, and, long story short, is there still a better option for downloading all the updates or patches or w/e than playonline? Don't think that will let me download in parts.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

nene. posted:

I live in a area where my only internet option has a 350 mb limit, and, long story short, is there still a better option for downloading all the updates or patches or w/e than playonline? Don't think that will let me download in parts.

Bluegartr's forums has a few download options

Merz
Sep 20, 2006
Tell Me, What Is the Bane of Your Life
I was quite certain the last time I quit this game I would never play again since I was moving on to Final Fantasy XIV... but now that there is another Return to Vana'diel campaign... and Final Fantasy XIV is not what I hoped for...............

I have a level 99 Blue Mage, his gear is some AH crap, I had most of the Abyssea gear but never +1'd it. What should I be expecting to do once I am in? Is Abyssea forgotten now? I don't ever want to go back to that dump.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Merz posted:

I was quite certain the last time I quit this game I would never play again since I was moving on to Final Fantasy XIV... but now that there is another Return to Vana'diel campaign... and Final Fantasy XIV is not what I hoped for...............

I have a level 99 Blue Mage, his gear is some AH crap, I had most of the Abyssea gear but never +1'd it. What should I be expecting to do once I am in? Is Abyssea forgotten now? I don't ever want to go back to that dump.

Hop in, get so access and shoot for bayld (which you can farm up in multle ways) and from there skirmish or wildskeeper rieves. Level a few new jobs to make content feel fresh and give you a possible in for a fracture run, (WHM or BRD)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

New bonanza:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/guide/mogbon/index.html#g2

I think this one is going to be really popular if the skill up items take your respective skill to cap and they can be muled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Someone give me a winning number so I can get a Mandau 10000 Byne Bill. Because I'd totally rather have a component than the real deal.

Lol@ blackbelt drops being rank 2 and HNM spawn items being rank 3.