Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
F5 will have sticky grass 100% around the tracks to prevent cheating.

Not to mention there will be pay-for consumables like race tires that will run out of grip and motors that will eventually stop putting out power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Forza Motorsport 5: DLC Rev Limiter Set at $3400

Besides not getting a new console at launch, and probably waiting a year later, I'll just wait for F6 if I get an Xbone.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

A lot of the classic Forza tracks are gone? DLC! DLC! DLC!

Road America is one of my favorites, even Suzuka, but to leave out the Nurburgring after having it featured in the previous games as one of the best tests of driving excellence, where a lot of car makers go to test their cars, it a crime.

Hope cutting content for the sake of being a console release game and market the rest as DLC will pay off for MS.

Any chance this can hurt the Forza franchise if people aren't buying the game for the sake of reduced content?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

^^^
With Forza 5 being a console release, I can see a lot people getting it for the sake that its the first racing game available, so they'll see a lot of numbers initially, but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers will sharply taper off as more people get a Xbone down the line with other titles. Hopefully the numbers will show that they shouldn't cut content for the sake of DLC, but to put in what they have done before and create new and better DLC packages that will keep people buying them. Brand-new tracks, gamemodes, cars never released in previous Forzas, etc.

Anyone else tempted to just keep F2, F3, and F4 until a newer and better Forza comes out after 5? I still have all titles except Forza 2 (ex-gf took it) and sadly Forza 1 just doesn't work online.

Ringo Star Get fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 6, 2013

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Take the money from not buying Forza 5 and it's DLC and buy 93 Octane gas and go to a track or drive on roads that aren't cut out from your life.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

So at least they're going to try and make a Fanatec setup for the One. Probably will be a couple years though.

It's poo poo like this that pisses me off. I can understand Xbox controllers and wheels not working with the 360 because of the change of how units talk to the console. 360 had the new menu system, guide button, etc and I don't think the Xbox had USB ports. But going from 360 to Xbox One, the guide system and menu are still there, there's USB ports, what's the loving issue, really? I couldn't care less about a cool brand new protocol, it's just more bullshit for people to buy MS-licensed poo poo that has poo poo quality. What about that fancy Forza 4-branded steering wheel from Fanatec? Hardware isn't meant to last for a year or so, people take care of their stuff and it should work on the new console.

I've got a nice set up that works with the 360 and my PC. It'll also work with the PS4, guess which system I'm leaning for when I make the jump?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Less tracks, less cars, not a graphical improvement, less features, evidence of money-grabbing DLC and tokens. Forza 5 isn't a platform-seller, its something to lure in Forza fans to give them more money because they say so.

I'd thought by now that adding more tracks would be the best idea, not adding new ones and removing good ones. I'm not mad, I'm disappointed. I've bought Forza 1-4 and enjoyed Forza Horizons but if I even get an Xbone I'll wait and see what Forza 6 will bring. I'm patient, there's a ton of other race games out there for less money and offer more, plus my wheels and pedals work with my PC.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

WOW!!!

I'm seeing post after post from people (most of whom I have raced and hung out with for a LONG time) accusing me of saying things I simply have not said.

Someone even said I have Aspergers Syndrome! Because I reply to posts directed at me? Because I disagree with opinions posted in reply to mine? Well, I should count myself lucky, at least I haven't been accused of being a troll yet!

Have you ever seen The Life of Brian? Remember the song "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life?" That's what I'm doing with this iteration of the XBox and this racing game. I'm not crying about the sky falling, I'm just saying, "Look at this series, at this developer. Have a little faith!" It's still, as they say, "Early days."

For the record, I've never said or implied the following assertions that have been attributed to me:

"Oh, so because old games were great, a new one is free from doubts and criticisms?"

Nope. All I have said is that because the old games were great, the future ones could be as well. This one could be, too. It's too soon to say!

"Saying we can't criticize something because we don't work there is idiotic."

Of course it is! Saying you can attribute causation for the current state of the product based on videos, a few words from a press release or two; and comparisons to what came on the previous generation IS idiotic, because it's based on speculation and is steeped in tons of negativity.
I happen to be of the opinion that it's a little early to take every criticism at face value. If I'm wrong, I'll come right in here and say so. I promised.

"This whole 'Not up to snuff' thing they trotted out is bullshit."

Pure speculation. It's not worth debating without more data. I see no reason to doubt it, but I'm being "the glass half-full" right now. This could change.

"Less tracks, less cars, not a graphical improvement, less features, evidence of money-grabbing DLC and tokens."

This has all been covered ad nauseum, except for "Not a graphical improvement." I can't comment on the graphics or the money until I experience it myself. Until then I will make few judgements. If I think F4 looks better than 5, I'll say so. I play a lot of PC games, and I often do without AA at high-res, especially if the framerate is high. Anisotropic filtering is important, of course, but I haven't seen a screenshot that makes me cringe and curse Turn10 yet, much less a video. I guess I'm just a fanboy (or a troll). That's what you're all thinking, right?

"This isn't your own personal echo chamber."

It isn't???? This is what you're telling ME??
What gave it away? The "DOGPILE ON FAUSTUS?" Or the "WE MUST RESPOND TO HIS EVERY POST WITH THE OBVIOUS EVIL THAT IS BEING PERPETRATED UPON US NON-ADOPTERS BECAUSE HE IS SUCH A STUPID SHITHEAD WHO CAN'T COUNT CARS AND TRACKS AND MONEY" sentiment that is taking over this thread?? Here I was thinking that this was my bully-pulpit, and you all were my rapt disciples. Boy is MY face red!

"This latest version was gutted, often for no good reason and people are understandably upset about it."

What counts as a good reason for you? I'll be as upset about it as anyone else; but I am not attributing anything yet to naked greed and incompetence, as so many of folks here are. I'm actually willing to sit back, wait, and think before I make a judgement.

"It's a completely rushed money grab with ludicrously priced microtransactions."

Go back through this thread and count how many times I have stated in plain English (American English... sorry, Brits and Aussies and Canucks) that this game is suffering terribly from console launch-itis. Early-adopters of new hardware and games get the short end and almost always have. I have not been in the least unrealistic about this. Why are you all still beating me up about this?

"It isn't as simple as them removing some things because it's a rushed launch game; there are plenty of very obvious things they have changed or removed because they want suckers like you to give them more money."

I can see what has been removed, but why should your interpretation of the motivation behind the sad changes be the only possible interpretation? I want the new game and console, so I'm a sucker. Fine. I'm sure you never spend your disposable income on things you don't need and therefore are perfectly justified in calling me a sucker.

"Your guitar analogy is hosed too, a more apt analogy would be asking in musicians lounge why the only new guitar fender sells is now a 5 string, and why they're selling a 6th string upgrade kit for twice the price of the guitar."

So my "guitar analogy" in unworkable, but your "guitar analogy" captures the spirit of this situation perfectly. Well, poo poo. gently caress me, man. I tried.

So do you recommend the game or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'd say it's more like the F-Duct in that it seems to come open 'When it's beneficial' rather than during DRS zones or any set speed/RPM/gear that I could tell... It does animate though.

Or maybe it's practice DRS. There's no KERS.

This car destroys every other racing car in this game, this is an Unbeatable Indycar playing the part of "rolling yellow cone" at Mt. Panorama
http://sdrv.ms/1aTMfJ7
Bathurst videos seem dirtier/more compressed than the others, not sure if that's the palette or what.

Simulation steering with a controller in this is SO much improved over how that felt in 4. And the triggers make precision modulation of brake/accelerator a lot easier, so you can get rid of the assists that were somewhat more necessary due to the blunt instrument nature of the 360 controller's triggers/sticks because you can actually roll onto the throttle.

Hot video but I still get annoyed at the shifting animations.

• Locked thread