Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund
I just noticed last night that I've earned credits for FM5 in the Forza Rewards. Getting pretty excited to play this.

Road Atlanta will be in the game for sure right? Right!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

redhalo posted:

Would it make it easier if you told yourself you were buying it for Forza 5, 6 and 7?

Don't forget Forza Horizons 2 & 3.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but it appears you are stating the Forza 5 thread is not the place to bring up reasonable concerns about Forza 5. If that is not your point, could you clarify?

Because the question was: " Sonoma and Hockenheim were both scanned with better tech than previous tracks (if Turn 10 are to be believed), so why aren't they in there?"

And unless there is a T10 employee lurking around here, no one can answer that. It has be assumed by some that it's because they will be paid DLC, and therefore T10/MS are greedy, or that T10 was lying, and the tracks were not scanned in as they claimed. But no one here can say as a fact, because none of us have developed Forza.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

General Probe posted:

I forgot to address this earlier, but it's another one of those lovely little design changes that's a result of how rushed they were to finish the game I think

It is rather curious how they managed to screw this up. It's a good thing I don't do powertrain swaps. I'm bad enough at tuning stock engines, nevermind ridiculously over powered ones.

Another thing is when you're viewing a race series for the league select screen, I can't find a way to determine the restrictions for that event. If you select an underpowered car it advises you what PI to upgrade it too, and if you look at the list of available cars to buy for an event you can kind of figure it out. But in FM4 you could see: year must be xxxx, body style must be xxxx etc.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Laserface posted:

is there a way to just disable auto upgrades? its annoying and doesnt focus on areas that I like to focus my mods on.

Not when you go through the league select, as far as I can tell. It's especially frustrating because the "Restrictions" pop up box still exists in the rivals area.

Couple other UI annoyances:

1) Very limited options for sorting/filtering in the Garage. The filter menu is, I think, the same as FM4, with a worse way to multi select, but the sorting filtered (or unfiltered) results is driving me bonkers.

So you choose to sort by manufacturer and you can press RB to jump to the next manufacturer. Great. But what on earth are they using as a secondary sort? I'm not in front of my Bone now, but I remember it wasn't PI, it wasn't alphabetical, and why is the secondary sorting by year? It used to be PI, abd that makes way more sense to me.

And as far as the sorting options themselves, what about country, or body style or asperation? The whole thing is just way worse then FM4.

2) When you're browsing your garage, every car has a little icon that indicates that model is in your garage. I KNOW THAT T10, I'M BROWSING MY loving GARAGE!

Go back to the buy cars screen, and could a guy get an indicator to let you know which cars I already own? No? loving hoseshit.

WienerDog fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 2, 2013

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Tag is ok, but it's no car soccer. :colbert:

All the details for the update are [url= http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_12_13_13]here. [/url] Drag is back too.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Zinjnok posted:

The VIP Rivals event on Mt. Panorama in the Yellowbird is the most frustrating thing I've done in a long time. On the other hand I'm ranked 65th in the world on it now.

Someone never raced the rivals event in Forza 4 against a celebrity (Race driver?) With the Worst Car© (ZR1) on the Worst Track® (Indy GP). That was painful. I don't think I ever beat his drat time that car and track combo was so bad.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Well, I know that I'm slow, but there was many people complaining in the FM4 thread at that time :colbert:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Anyone done this yet? What did you get?
edit: redeemed for 2012 Scion tC.

I requested a 1976 #1 Scuderia Ferrari 312T2.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

I haven't been offered anything. I did get a lot of stuff for buying the LCE which I just launched for the first time last night.

I won't waste your time with first impressions (mostly because I am terrible with a controller and still learning to drive with one) so I'll come back this weekend after I have more experience with it.

In short, it's very pretty. Bathurst is nuts.

If you bought the LCE of the game, and have played it on Live at least once, you need to go to that page to get this particular gift car. You get to choose from any car included on the disc (not dlc.)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Anyone played enough today after the update to know the effect of the Cr. Payouts? I have been getting about 8 - 9k for gold league races, and 31.5k for leveling up.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I got the Veloster and a Lexus IS F.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

bald and fail II posted:

Is this the first dlc pack?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAVN596wRE

6 cars that were in previous games :downsbravo:

The Z and 205 look like the same old models. I wouldnt be suprised if the RS1800 was identical to the FM4 one, same goes for the reventon and the california.

The cateram and the Rebenton I want, but the other stuff is very meh. I know everyone loves that Ford, but I never thought it was anything special in FM4.

I think for this game I will just buy one or two cars from each pack if there's something I want. Buying a whole pack or seasons pass just doesn't make sense in this game.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

The Midniter posted:

Man, RWD cars in this game are so hard to control. Without a racing wheel, it's extremely difficult to make minor course corrections through a corner without moving the left analog stick all the way to one side, which immediately causes oversteer (or understeer, if I attempt to finely modulate it but don't go far enough) - especially with high-powered RWD vehicles. I typically play with ABS-only but I think I might have to "cheat" and add traction control when I'm slinging that pig of a GT500 around a track. The power on tap is enormous, but corners are not it's strength. I've found much more success with FWD and AWD thus far.

The GT500, specifically, has way too much power and doesn't handle well without TCS / Extreme care. It's actively trying to kill you afaik.

Do you have your steering set to normal or sim? Normal steering may help you if sim is a bit squirrely with normal RWD cars which, I assure you, handle just fine in FM5.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Adjustment of the windshield damage threshold

Thank Christ for this. gently caress driving around with a broken rear end windscreen all the time.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I'm interested. Tuesday night works for me. (GT: Molgandhi)

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

The Midniter posted:

One thing that really grinds my gears about this game is the completely opaque criteria used to mar what is otherwise a "clean" lap (any lap without the exclamation point in the upside down triangle next to your lap time). Contact with another car or a barrier, rewinding, or going outside the course, sure, I get that. But sometimes I'll be having a beautiful, perfect lap and I'll look up and something will have hosed up my lap. It really irritates me. Also on some of the courses like Prague and Bear Knees Alfs, the track is very wide in some places and unless you stick to what the game considers the "perfect" line, it considers it "out of bounds" despite your car being on the tarmac and free of contact with anything. Ugh!

Another thing is that if you dirty your lap in the last section, the next lap is automatically dirty. You can alleviate the problem by rewinding the mistake, since that particular lap is dirty already anyway and you get a clean start on the next lap.

(you can also rewind back to the start line if you mess up in the beginning of the lap and try over. Just be aware that it will dirty the previous lap, so don't do that if you just finished your "hot" or fastest lap.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Sweet. I set up my car and painted a livery on it last night (my first attempt, and I don't watch car racing, so don't make fun) and even put a reminder on my phone. See you guys tonight.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Mine just spins around then says "Can't connect to chat right now."

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
My main problem with the Career / Buy Cars menu is that there is no indicator to let you know which cars you already own. This is made 10x more infuriating by the fact that this indicator does exist ... in the My Cars menu :fuckoff:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
And a note to people who may have missed it: On the spreadsheet it indicates Prauge Short - Reverse.

Someone mentioned last week, and I agree, that we should get together for our practice race around 10:10 and start our first race proper at 10:30, as scheduled.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GutBomb posted:

I fixed the spreadsheet. it's prague short, not prague short reverse.

Dammit. I just assumed you ran outta space on the flyer and now I've practiced the wrong track.
I do prefer the forward version and I know it pretty well from Career.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Thanks for coming out guys, good racing last night.

Capt. Howdy: Sorry for smashing you in the back section of the first lap of Prauge, but you were lagging and your car jumped to the middle of the track right in front of me, and I had no time to take evasive action.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I just did a 638MB update when I launched the game. It was Ready to Play at 55%.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
For what it's worth I have all these cars and lots of Forza Bux to buy more. I actually have two e21's. If only you could gift cars in this game we could easily solve this problem.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I painted an E21 and did some practicing both in Rivals and Online.

Tomorrow is going to be a disaster.
What are we doing for damage? Off? I vote for off. Or cosmetic.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Sorry to hear about that, Gutbomb. Hopefully we can see everyone back on the grid soon.

I can start a lobby around 10:15 if there's still enough of us to race crash "race"

GutBomb: Can you let us know how many laps we should do for each track tonight?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Casual races is fine for me (if I can log in to live, haven't tried yet).

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Thanks for coming out last night everyone, some of us need all the online practice we can get.

I thought the E21 races, especially at Yas Marinas, went phenomenally well and I'm looking forward to having everyone out next Tuesday.

If I get the chance to host a lobby again I will try to ensure I have the correct settings selected for number of laps, collisions, and starting order for each race :v:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Not including paying for DLC items, have any of you guys spent a single penny on tokens for this game yet?

I still have the 1,350 they gave at launch and have no idea what I should do with them.

Haven't bought any tokens, but I did buy one or two cars from each monthly DLC except the first one, and the whole Road America car pack.

I also got 1350 tokens with my LCE, but I spent 1349 of them on expensive cars I anticipated needing for the career when they had the half price weekend.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

General Probe posted:

I'm back from my trip, 9:30 right?

Depends where you live. 10:30 Eastern, as per the usual.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

General Probe posted:

Didn't someone post some sort of garage tracker website in this thread some weeks back, or did I dream that?

Yes, I can't remember who, but I bookmarked it here

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I was having Mic issues last night, I couldn't hear you guys and I assume I couldn't be heard.

I am not a fan of any of those S class cars, I had a tough time staying on the track. This showed as I think I was lapped by every other driver in each race. I tried to stay outta the way, but I was having some serious control problems.

And I think I smoked EB after coming off a guardrail at Bernies. Sorry dude! Totally unintentional, but I should have been more careful coming back on the track.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Jesus titty loving Christ they put an "Owned" icon in the Buy Cars menu.

Faith in humanity: Restored.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I'll be there.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Cool pictures Dr.F. Thanks for doing that / posting them here.

In that IGN preview video they said April 10... Is it out yet?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I booted up FM5 around 00:30 EST last night and no update for me yet :(

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I first tried a few hot laps and I like the layout.
But racing on this track is not fun. I know I'm slow - I can't even compete with Skilled drivatars so I have them on Above Average - but I'm getting smashed out on every drat corner as two or three cars dive into turns where there is not even half the space required for a single car to pass.

This track has also made me aware a major audio issue I'm experiencing. When cars are smashing into each other around me, the sound gets super staticy. This is connected to my A/V Receiver using HDMI and audio out set to DTS on the Bone. Anyone else experiencing sporadic static / crackling sounds?

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

GutBomb posted:

I'm experiencing the crackling too.

Dr. Faustus posted:

Thirding the intermittent crackling sounds.

Well, I guess I'm glad to hear that it's not just me; I was worried it was my receiver acting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I got my PBR sponsored French LMP car ready to go. Chances are I'll be 2 or 3 PBR's deep by race time, provided the Jays don't get rained out in Minneapolis.

Did you guys know that Xbone let's you watch MLB.tv AND play Forza AT THE SAME TIME!

• Locked thread