Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midwat
May 6, 2007

I like to think Silent Hill's rival town is Loud Valley, where everything's clean, every day is clear and sunny, and people don't walk like tanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwat
May 6, 2007

the Gaffe posted:

I've literally never even seen it spelt as doughnut. I even googled it and most of the results just change the spelling to donut. Every donut shop I've ever been to in my life has spelled it that way.

have i been missing out???

That depends. Do you like being pedantic?

midwat
May 6, 2007

"The light from these Run Button Let's Plays actually originated billions of years ago, but is only now reaching Earth."

But seriously, good video, you guys.

midwat fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Dec 28, 2013

midwat
May 6, 2007

Wikipedia posted:

In the United States, the U.S. Fire Administration in a 2007 report estimated that clothes dryer fires account for about 15,600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 injuries annually, with 80% (12,700) of the fires in residential buildings. The Fire Administration attributes “Failure to clean” as the leading factor contributing to clothes dryer fires in residential buildings, and observed that new home construction trends place clothes dryers and washing machines in more hazardous locations away from outside walls, such as in bedrooms, second-floor hallways, bathrooms, and kitchens.

Probably best not to leave your dryer unattended.

midwat
May 6, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

American statistics kinda have to be taken with a grain of salt sometimes though. I get the impression that like half the country is so fuckin poor that they're still using appliances from decades ago. Kyle and Keith are from pretty well-off families, i'm pretty sure their dryers aren't gonna burn their houses down.

The primary risk factors appear to be lint and heat, which all dryers create.

Even if what you say is true, fear of dryer fires (several deaths a year) is still more reasonable than fear of fan death (zero reported deaths).

midwat
May 6, 2007

JFairfax posted:

Blood pudding aka black pudding is most definitely for breakfast!

The only "blood" foodstuff that should ever be consumed in the morning is a Bloody Mary :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

midwat
May 6, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

Augh, you forgave her! Pretty sure that's the wrong thing to do.

e: Wait nevermind, it makes no difference the first time.

Wait, wait, wait... you're saying a Silent Hill game places an inordinate amount of importance on an obscure game decision?!?!?!?!

• Locked thread