Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
couwy
Nov 9, 2009

~just feels good~

Blenheim posted:

Just popping in to say that I'm really looking forward to this.

ETA: I'm also glad that someone else had the same early experience with the game's new fall mechanics that I did.

ETA2: a) I think that Heather's following the weird convention of most teenage girls in mass media calling their fathers "Daddy." When I was a teenage girl, I always used "Dad," as did most of the teenage girls I knew. I have to wonder how much of a real-world basis calling your father "Daddy" past puberty has. I hope not much, but who knows.

b) The sound design in the game is wonderfully horrible. (The music is good but, beyond this opening bit, sparser than popular wisdom would lead you to believe.)

c)I like the edge (the ~*~edge~*~) to Heather's voice. In the HD version, she's aggravatingly recast as quite the shrinking violet.

Heather's original voice actress gave an organic performance that captured Heather's sarcastic nature and Teen 'Tude really well. Heather Morris, the voice actress, did her motion capture as well, so I think that added to the quality (and both voice direction and mo-cap were overseen by Jeremy Blaustein of MGS fame). The HD version sounds like an anime voice actress trying to hard to sound like a teenager.

With regards to the "Daddy" thing, I think that was intended as one of Heather's sardonic quips given the rest of the line reading.

Great first video! Include more hip twisting shuffle dances in future updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread